What could have been...

Well, West has gone(Silver colour), Mercedes jumped ship(No Silver Arrows anymore, now "Chrome Arrows"), so why not returning to the roots? Bruce McLaren raced in orange. The cars would be quite visible too:p

Vodafone would have something to say about that.
Their logo already turns orange in sunlight ;)

But not as ugly as the boring orange color that Mclaren used to run.

Do we really want this? :p my god it´s ugly!
spyker_f8-vii_launch_2007_2.jpg

I prefer this one,
JezsonBlack.jpg

It's what the founder used, so the "real" McLaren colour.

Although with that logic, Ferraris should be yellow when racing, no exceptions.

That orange is okay. Ugly would be mainly the car.

And btw: That's a Spyker. I doubt that's exactely the same orange as Bruce McLaren used.

Btw: I am generally speaking.

I'd define ugliness rather on the shape than the colour. That Spyker is fine, cars looked good then.

As long as it isn't something extreme like pink:rolleyes:

EDIT: Awww, Bruce McLaren would turn in his grave if he could hear you.

800px-McLarenBruce19690801.jpg

It looked quite good back then(Don't show the cars after 2000 all the time Hampus).

Then stop showing that past-2000 McLaren, it's looks brighter than the orange Bruce used IMO.

And a bit of colour is more interesting than half the field in white or silver... I was never talking about orange being discrete why should it be? Is Ferrari red discrete?:p

Then stop showing that past-2000 McLaren, it's looks brighter than the orange Bruce used IMO.

And a bit of colour is more interesting than half the field in white or silver... I was never talking about orange being discrete why should it be? Is Ferrari red discrete?:p

It is the Mclaren Orange. You can see the car sits in the Mclaren HQ.

yea i would say red is way more discreet then orange :) they should at the very least keep the chorme, they are alone with that and it looks pretty slick.

I dislike any orange car, it looks absolutely horrendous. It´s just a flat boring orange.
Had it been laser orange or something different then i would probably change my mind.

Also, it looks even brighter on track, as shown in the link you provided.
mclaren-mp4-21-b.jpg

Why should they call themselves Chrome Arrows? They are not Mercedes :)

:rolleyes:

Ferrari's real colour was.. YELLOW. They HAD to be painted red in competition because every car maker and had to be recognized by the country colour(World War). Italian teams were red, German teams either white or silver, French teams were blue, British teams were green, etc. The red later stayed and many people believe the true colour is red, but it's not. If not for that, they still might be yellow to this very day, even in competition.

Hmm, you have to check your eyes. The first picture you posted is brighter which is no surprise a it stands in the spotlight... That front view is VERY bright, the last one looks decent as the sun doesn't reflect as much as the light in the HQ.

And the Mercedes are called "SILVER-ARROWS"(Silberpfeile)! Since Mercedes is back, the name has "transferred" from McLaren since they aren't the "main" team anymore. Thus they are called the "Chrome-Arrows"(which isn't the same as silver) as a joke. Chrome is worth less than silver:p(Thus "Chrompfeile).

*has the urge to facepalm*

EDIT: Sorry, I think I overdid it a bit. But Hampus, I thought you knew that already...

Ferrari's real colour was.. YELLOW. They HAD to be painted red in competition because every car maker and had to be recognized by the country colour(World War). Italian teams were red, German teams either white or silver, French teams were blue, British teams were green, etc. The red later stayed and many people believe the true colour is red, but it's not. If not for that, they still might be yellow to this very day, even in competition.

Hmm, you have to check your eyes. The first picture you posted is brighter which is no surprise a it stands in the spotlight... That front view is VERY bright, the last one looks decent as the sun doesn't reflect as much as the light in the HQ.

And the Mercedes are called "SILVER-ARROWS"(Silberpfeile)! Since Mercedes is back, the name has "transferred" from McLaren since they aren't the "main" team anymore. Thus they are called the "Chrome-Arrows"(which isn't the same as silver) as a joke. Chrome is worth less than silver:p(Thus "Chrompfeile).

Again, First ever Formula 1 car from Ferrari was red. Thus it´s natural that the Scuderia Ferrari F1 cars are red.

Check my eyes? In the showroom picture the car is less brighter then the pic from the track.
You can even see the Orange color being washed out by the sunlight.

mclaren-mp4-21-b.jpg

I think you are the one needing to get laser surgery on your eyes ;)

*has already facepalmed several times*

EDIT: Sorry, I think I overdid it a bit. But Hampus, I thought you knew that already...

Do you work for Wikipedia, mate? :p

It´s not far off.

mclaren-mp4-21-a.jpg

And yes, it´s absolutely horrendous :)

You got it wrong again.

Compare THIS one with the track. The other one is done without as much light. And it acutally shows it isn't as bright as the Spyker, it looks a bit paler on track, which isn't an eyesore.

I don't mind orange, I prefer it to the boredom we get sometimes(remember the times when Sauber was blue, Jordan yellow and Jaguar green?)

Curiously, Ferrari won the 1964 World championship with John Surtees by competing the last two races in North America with cars painted in the US-American race colors white and blue, as these were not entered by the Italian factory themselves, but by the U.S.-based North American Racing Team (NART) team. This was done as a protest concerning arguments between Ferrari and the Italian Racing Authorities regarding the homologation of a new mid-engined Ferrari race car.

Although this has a quite a bit a different background as it's not Ferrari themselves.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back