1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What chair do you all use?

Discussion in 'Sim Racing Hardware' started by JamesU, Apr 7, 2016.

1. JamesU

Premium Member

Although my ultimate goal is a Playseat F1 i simply do not have the room in the current situation to run this..maybe in my next home!

Currently i've got an old leather chair i bought for around £10 from a friend, my racing setup is bolted to my desk and i'm happy racing like this - it just leaves me wanting a more comfortable chair to do it on.

I'd love a DX Racer but i really can't afford that right now. Is it best to save a little bit and go for one of them or does anyone else have any recommendations on chairs they have?

Also looking at the GT Omega...

Last edited: Apr 7, 2016
  2. DIY FTW!!!

Cheap and temporary to serve your purpose.
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Fabian Biehne

Fabian Biehne
    Premium Member

Pöang ftw!
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Totally agree, except for the temp bit: BMW M5 Passengers seat mounted on some aluminium checkerplate, mounted on an old office chair base. REAL leather, real comfy , real cheap (£60) :)

• Like Like x 1
  5. JamesU

Premium Member

My best mate has this, i do like them but it's not ideal as i'll need it to be my office chair too.

I should have stated - i do a lot of working from home so need a chair thats comfortable for sitting 8-10 hours a day working at and also decent for racing which is why i was thinking GT Omega.

I binned a couple of Megane sport seats a couple of years ago! Looking back i should have kept them, they were leather and very comfortable! Damnit!
  6. Jimlaad43

Nice apex, I'll take it! Premium Member

Exactly the same for me too!
    • Like Like x 2
  7. Some BMW sport seat with air bag, seat warmers and a lot of adjustment possibilities. Got it used so wasnt to bad. And cheaper then buying new without sliders and all that
  8. Ikea FTW!!!!!!

• Like Like x 1
    • Wow Wow x 1