What cars in Assetto Corsa match each other to race fair?

In GTR2 or other Sims with similar cars in a class it´s easy to race against each other with different cars and no one has a big handicap with his car.
In Assetto Corsa there are so many different cars and classes that it could be difficult to find some different cars for a race that nearly match with their power, weight and other specs. As an example we have a Ferrari 458 GT2 and a McLaren MP4-12C GT3, why not a GT3 of both? =( ... good that there is a BMW Z4 GT3. With all the street cars it is much more complicated to organize some fair races or a championship.
I hope that does not result in every one driving the same car because it´s the best.

It will be interesting to see whether modders are allowed to play with the base content. I think I remember someone of the devs saying that we wont be allowed to mod the tracks? That would probably apply to the cars too then. It would certainly have a big impact on the modding possibilities (for example not being able to introduce some kind of BoP - assuming Kunos didnt themselves).

If we were given plenty of rope for the base content I could imagine some nice grids. On top of whats already been said I'd enjoy a GT4 class alot. We already have the 2eleven gt4 and alot of other streetcars (like the m3, x-bow, evora, exige) that have reallife gt4 counterparts. These would make a great base for a mod as the gt4 spec's are not too far away from normal street cars.

gt2s and gt3s are quite different
We had this nice discussion some time ago that led us to the conclusion that gt2/3s dont have that much of a perfomance difference and given stable conditions are quite easy to balance. It starts on page 117 and is a couple of pages long:

http://www.racedepartment.com/forum...t-news-discussion.44395/page-117#post-1442001

Lotus Evora GTE

This one is the roadcar not the GTE car:
01lotusevoragteroadcarconcept-1.jpg

If modders can get access to the base models of the 458 GT2 and the Evora GTE road car then hopefully the 458 GT3 and the race Evora GTE won't be far behind. Also it'd be good if a modder was able to update the M3 GT2 to 2011-12 spec as well. Aaaaaand, converting the Z4 GT3 into this year's ALMS GTE car shouldn't be too difficult. Boom, we'd have another 4 GT class cars fairly quickly :D

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 302 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 211 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 203 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 152 7.7%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 269 13.6%