1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

What are your plans for this summer?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Hiroshi Awazu, Apr 3, 2012.

1. Hiroshi Awazu

Hiroshi Awazu
    Off Topic Moderator

For me hopefully our weather during the summer is good so I can get a lot of driving in with the top down. I've never owned a convertible so I'm pretty excited about it.

Hopefully a lot of barbequing on our back porch too. :)

Hope to have a dog by summer so I can take he/she with me when I go riding in the trails close to our home.

I really do not want to sit behind my computer monitor too much this summer.

2. My plans for the summer include posting the same thread 3 times ;)

• Like Like x 2
  3. I hope I will start to practice drive at the end of the summer in our Alfa Spider, and it will be my firt summer where I have a summer job. I am trying to get a job at a karting place on the touringcar track in Gothenburg.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Mow the lawn a lot, get stuck into the veggie patch, have a couple of BBQ's with friends.....
    Oh, hang on....thats what I HAVE been doing this summer......:D
    This winter my plan is to do a 'road trip' with a couple of mates & a GPS mapping a couple of old tracks & then building them in BTB between returning to work after a long lay-off from my usual FI/FO (Fly in/Fly out) work driving big mine machinery.

5. I think Hiro is confused, I think he meant to say that I'm going to get a lot of driving in with the top down Hehe:).

I'm hoping that we will be able to go houseboating with friends on Okanagan Lake but I don't think I will be able to take a week off work. I too hope that we get a dog by summer.

Apart from that just work, hang with my guy and friends here in town:).

6. Mohameddo-san

Mohameddo-san
    F1 Sim Racer & #1 St. Bernard Lover on RD Premium Member

I'm going to take a certification exam. I was originally going to take it in the middle of this month, but, I have to delay it till June.

7. Our summer just ended 4 days ago :) so for winter I will try slimming down again, because the summer made me have too many milkshakes and too much Ice Cream :cool::oops:

• Like Like x 2
  8. Mohameddo-san

Mohameddo-san
    F1 Sim Racer & #1 St. Bernard Lover on RD Premium Member

Well, I only hope it is warm enough to sweat body fat in South African autumn and winter. I think that since South Africa is quite far from the Equator and in-between the Tropic of Capricorn and Antarctica.

9. Well, if I start running again :p

Where I live is only 26 degrees South of the equator, so it's not that bad. Not that far from the equator :p

We very rarely get snow in the winter - maybe one day in 10 years.

10. Hiroshi Awazu

Hiroshi Awazu
    Off Topic Moderator

Haha! confused, OK. you just go drive your truck lol!

11. Work and learn. Sadly the first doesn't only depend on me but I'm not giving up hope. And learning is something I should really focus on atm. As I wish to improve my chances, both in short and long term.

12. I live at sea coast, I think I will have fun this summer as every summer:p

13. Sun, Beer & Women.

Possibly some bathing but apart from that, there´s not much more you need in life :)

• Like Like x 2
  14. Badkruka? Same here :p (Swedish tesrm for people who don't like swimming)

15. Yes :) water has to be at least 20 C :) that´s the absolute minimum :D

16. Agree 100% with you.

17. After the wonderful day I had yesterday (first plan - checked), I can finally have some more plans!:) I'll most probably swim a lot, and spare some money for a few things. The list has been growing for a long time!:) Also I think it'll be time soon to go on a holiday with my girlfriend. It won't be a long one, just something similar we had before. One day trip to another city, visiting anything we would like there. Also besides the "training-swimming" at the swimming pool we'll have to visit Lake Balaton a few times this summer. It's quite close to where I live, so it won't be a problem.

18. Funny you're saying this considering i have YOUR CAR most of the time! :D

19. Hiroshi Awazu

Hiroshi Awazu
    Off Topic Moderator

Doh! :whistling:

20. Mapu

Mapu
    Premium Member

Switzerland - Pennine Alps

• Like Like x 1