1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What are you expecting from Formula Truck?

Discussion in 'Formula Truck 2013' started by Robin Durrant, Jan 27, 2013.

1. Pretty self explanatory, are you expecting similar to GSC but with trucks?

How long are the races normally? How do you think they will handle?

(I'm trying to kill time)
  2. I'm expecting quite a steep learning curve at the beginning to try and learn how these handle. There is no doubt in my mind it will be a great Sim as usual from Reiza :D
    • Like Like x 2
  3. I'm presuming these are limited to 100mph/160kph as per the racing trucks in the UK? I'm guess that is the only 'aid' as such...
  4. I'm not sure if they're restricted because afaik these trucks were designed to be racing whereas British and other racing trucks were converted to race :unsure:
  5. Looked on wiki and it seems they are limited to 160km/100mph.
  6. Interesting :O_o: Do they reach that speed regularly or is their top speed lower than that ? :)
  7. They hit it a fair bit. I think it's more of a safety feature.
  8. I'm sure someone will come up with a mod soon enough to disable - that's if we're brave enough :roflmao:
  9. Manuel Staggl

Manuel Staggl
    German Racing Team

The 160km/h limit is from the European Truck Racing Championship, i dont think that the Formula Truck has the same limit.
    • Like Like x 2
  10. category actually has a radar on a point on the track where the maximum speed must be 160 Km / h above that speed you take a drive thru.

I believe it is difficult to make a radar system to punish when going over 160 Km / h in sections demarcated radar but who knows reiza surprised and create this system that really is to prevent a major accident at the end of a line
  11. Been a big Formula Truck fan for a while now (purely through watching highlight videos on youtube which I don't understand :laugh: ), and I'm in no doubt that this will be a fantastic game. I definitely agree with Kevin that they will take a while to get used to. In terms of the specifics of their handling, I reckon the key to driving them quick will be to get comfortable with sliding them out of the corner with so much power going to the rear tires. Can't wait!
    • Like Like x 4
  12. Bram

Roaring Pipes Maniacs | #27 Staff Premium Member

According to those same videos is seems that sliding the cars into a corner seems the best way to brake :)
    • Like Like x 1
  13. I'm also expecting a lot of contact..... Maybe not intentional but contact all the same.

I'm sitting at the back... :)
    • Like Like x 1
  14. Yeah, I'm with you there! My strategy will be to let the field sort things out early and then work my way up front.

What am I expecting? . . . FUN!
  15. Sk3ptik0n

Premium Member

Couldn't it be handled like a pit limiter?
    • Like Like x 1
  16. As far as I'm aware, it is a built in limiter. I guess that they have speed checks on case some teams try to exceed the limits. Cheaty gits!
  17. Trucks, big trucks is what I am expecting, I **** you not.
    • Like Like x 2
  18. A great simulator. I love that feeling on corners, skidmarks and contact.... a lot of them all the cornes like on real life.

Sometimes would be nice fire on engineering like this video bellow.
    • Like Like x 2
  19. Mad Macarrão = crazy driver... see this: