1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

What are the popular cars and tracks to race online?

Discussion in 'RACE 07 - Official WTCC Game' started by Kalen Johnson, May 3, 2009.

1. So I just got GTR Evo a couple days ago, along with my Driving Force Pro about 2 weeks ago, so yes, I am a complete newbie in sim racing :shame:

So while I practice offline so I don't completely suck, what are some popular car types and tracks that everyone races online? There is a HUGE amount of both in GTR Evo, as compared to say, Live for Speed. But it seems like both need a lot of practice for each car and each track. So I'm just looking for some suggestions of which I can practice on before I get into online racing :party2:

Thanks!

2. The minis at the club or short tracks are popular and a good place to start off with ;). I was in your exact situation with the exact wheel and game in January too :D. I found it much better practising online, don't worry about bumping people, you just have to be considerate rather than a good drive to avoid people.

But yeh, just keep practising and don't give up. I can now finally win online races whereas 4 months a go I was always last. Good luck ;)

3. any preTilke tracks are popular too *wavestheantiTilkefanbanner*

4. Thanks for the replies. Yeah I was thinking someone a little slower like the Mini's, maybe I'll give those a try.

@Michael, what are preTilke tracks?

5. any track befor Hermann Tielke started trackbuilding, most of his tracks are just boring, nothing compared to tracks like Dijon, Watkinsglen, Mid Ohio etc