What am i doing wrong?

Ok been having a go at this but i am so far off the pace its unreal. Now i understand i am totaly useless when it comes to setups but even with a default setup in all the simbin games i can hold my own against ai.

Is it just practice practice or is there something im missing. I know i have to learn the cars cause such things as brakes dont exsist on most of these old cars lol, but i dont get it.

that sais though its wonderful to drive some of these iconic cars Any help appreciated

The GTL cars are a lot more characterful and diverse than a lot of the other Simbin titles, IMO - a lot of the Race Series cars feel quite homogenous across the classes to me.

GTL vehicles are much more limited in adjustability, using much more primitive technology. They're going to be much trickier to tame, but that's the nature of the beast.

Plus the diversity within classes is staggering - there simply is no coded in parity. If you pick a slower car in a "full class" race, you're going to have to drive the knackers off it just to get anywhere close to survival. I've subdivided the classes here to get them a little closer in performance: http://www.racedepartment.com/historic-racing/40832-current-classes-groupings-use.html

You could try a few of the setups in our setup section here: http://www.racedepartment.com/historic-racing-setups/

Mostly though, it's changing your expectations of what the cars can do, how you drive them, and practising with those expectations in place.

One thing to note - are you driving with any of the aids on, as they are notorious for slowing down the GTL cars.

Thanks Stuart, i drive with no assists so its not that its just cause im slow id say. I tried the mini cup first and came a staggering 7 seconds behind last place. I just wondered if it was me or something im not doing and it appears then i just have to practice hard

Thanks for the reply though mate

I am with you with this Nick I have had the game for some time now and over the the years I can play online with 20 people and run really good pace. But if I play in single player I can win about 4 races and then after that i am luck to come last. It is the one thin simbin got really wrong with GTL the AI is why to hard to race with.

Just stick to playing online bud so much more fun

Thanks Stuart, i drive with no assists so its not that its just cause im slow id say. I tried the mini cup first and came a staggering 7 seconds behind last place. I just wondered if it was me or something im not doing and it appears then i just have to practice hard

Nick, a big part of this is that in some of the Off-line Cup challenges, the AI is damned fast. In many of them, you can compete ok, but some are extremely hard to win (or even get a place). The Mini Cup is a classic example, especially for an early event in the career progression. From memory, you can get through that challenge by running all of the races and taking lower places, but one of them is almost impossible to win.
I think I am pretty competitive in the mini, but that Challenge was very tough for me.

If you join the on-line GTL Club Events, you will get a better idea of your standard.

The AI is insanely quick. It actually put me off the single player mode entirely. Saying that though, the AI on most of the downloadable tracks are either quite slow or at a reasonable pace, so you'll notice a big difference between default/add-on tracks.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back