What about shifting

How many of you are using manual clutch, H-shifter / sequential or paddle
and bonus question, with which combination of wheel? (i.e. G25 or 27 or Momo etc.) :)

sorry if is there something similar but there is no longer that system which told you similar threads and I hope I dont forget anything in the poll :)

Depends abit. With old touring cars i dont use auto clutch and with newer cars i do.
For the rest i always use Paddles. I learned when i got my driving license always 2 hands on the wheel so thats a good excuse. :D

Wheel: DFGT.

I am using sequential for the most of cars, it depends how much fast they are, if they are slow I am using even manual clutch with H-shifter - the thing is that I am still going into the game (and other games too) so I can't manage so many things at the same time :) Manual clutch in fast cars is unable to manage for me at the moment... but I am trying to use manual clutch in those slower cars

suma sumarum (it means well :D) I am using the most of time auto clutch and sequential shifter, wheel G25

I have a G25 and I use H-shifter with manual clutch in GTL always.
I needed a lot of practice to get it together with heel n toe and I'm still in a learning process. (actually this process never ends :D)
But this game is perfect to learn heel n toe with h-shifter. It gives you so much response.

In other games I try to drive it how the car is driven in real life.
But it's actually no so easy to find out how they shift in real life.
For example in WTCC do they have auto clutch ? I don't know.

But it's actually no so easy to find out how they shift in real life.
For example in WTCC do they have auto clutch ? I don't know.

I'm guessing this means if you have it, you can use it :D.

Sec. 8.2 Clutch
The pressure assembly is free, provided that the following points are not modified:
- original type (dry or wet)
- operating principle (operated by the driver, automatic, e.g. centrifugal)

http://argent.fia.com/web/fia-public.nsf/BBC9E490B1212043C1257690004147F0/$FILE/263%20(10-11).pdf

I,m with Marc, manual clutch + H shifter. I have always driven this game like it as these cars never even heard of sequential gearbox when they were around. Later games I use paddles as this acts like sequential but use manual clutch as this imo gives more control over starts and is quicker for me when shifting in game. The one thing I do do is blip the throtle when changing down on some cars to make it more stable.

I have a Black Momo, so it's Sequential no-clutch... I do lift and blip the throttle though, heel and toe is fun :)

When I'll have my G27, it's gonna be H-Shifter with Clutch, Heel and Toe and everything ;)

For modern cars, I will drive them how they are suppose to be driven, if they have auto-clutch or sequential greabox, etc...

And yes, I am a purist :D

Got a G27 now, so currently on auto clutch + H-shifter. I see that that's the least favoured option :redface:

Tried to drive with a clutch, but it's hopeless. Left foot braking for over a year, plus I'm not a driver in real life, so very hard to switch at the moment.

Tried to heel and toe as well, but the gas pedal is way too high I think?

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 291 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 202 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 197 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 143 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 256 13.4%