F1 2017 What About Components Wear...?

F1 2017 The Game (Codemasters)
Hi all!!

I'm in a career with Red Bull and everything is fine but components wear is very high... In 3 races are failling many components of the engine, the gearbox... Very bad! The gearbox is in 75% of wear in 3 races and parts of the engine are in 70-80% of wear. What could I do?

I have changed the gearbox for the 4th race and I have a penalty. It's very frustrating that this is happening in a top team like Red Bull...

Please some help friends!! Thanks in advance!!

The old components are to be used in the practice sessions like Jake said , so it wont affect your results at all . Although dont wait until your engine parts are at about 90 % to swap them out or you'll have no chance of passing the harder R and D tests like Tyre Wear etc . Once theyre about 60 odd percent into the yellow and certainly once they hit orange theyre not fit for racing basically so just use them for practice and once theyre red just discard them . Also , like Jake said , spend points on durability , especially the gearbox . Ive got the full amount of durability updates on my gearbox now and in the last race I only used 8% wear for the whole 3 practice sessions , qualy and the race combined . In your 1st season it's pretty inevitable that you'll have to take one or two grid penalties somewhere along the line for both the gearbox and the engine . So if you have a qualy where you finish well outside the top 10 take a FULL engine ( rather than taking all the individual parts separately ) as you can't be penalised anymore than the back of the grid so it's a way of minimising the amount of races you get grid penalties for .

The old components are to be used in the practice sessions like Jake said , so it wont affect your results at all . Although dont wait until your engine parts are at about 90 % to swap them out or you'll have no chance of passing the harder R and D tests like Tyre Wear etc . Once theyre about 60 odd percent into the yellow and certainly once they hit orange theyre not fit for racing basically so just use them for practice and once theyre red just discard them . Also , like Jake said , spend points on durability , especially the gearbox . Ive got the full amount of durability updates on my gearbox now and in the last race I only used 8% wear for the whole 3 practice sessions , qualy and the race combined . In your 1st season it's pretty inevitable that you'll have to take one or two grid penalties somewhere along the line for both the gearbox and the engine . So if you have a qualy where you finish well outside the top 10 take a FULL engine ( rather than taking all the individual parts separately ) as you can't be penalised anymore than the back of the grid so it's a way of minimising the amount of races you get grid penalties for .
Very good answer,And far more eloquent than mine.This years F1 game is the best ever imo and thats mainly due to the component management.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back