• "Mwoah" - Kimi Räikkönen
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest. Follow RaceDepartment on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Twitch, Steam and YouTube.

Tracks Wet Nordschleife experimental

experimental

1. mantasisg

mantasisg
    Premium

Ratings:
    +1,196
    mantasisg submitted a new resource:

Wet Nordschleife - experimental

Read more about this resource...

2. mantasisg

mantasisg
    Premium

Ratings:
    +1,196
    Anybody has any suggestions ?

I wonder if wet surface sound could be added without messing with common.bank, or maybe existing effect in common.bank would fit ?

3. Opel-King

Opel-King

Ratings:
    +26
    Nice Mod :)
    I have made some shot´s for your description. The effect is better to see ...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Is it possible to make spray/white smoke?
    And a little idea: It is possible to make the structural effect like first pic bigger? It would be look more wet and not like under water. I have made skins some time ago for Warthunder. With the N-File/normal map was effects like this possible:

Frozen wings (click for realy big pic):
    [​IMG]

I hope you understand what i mean ;)

• Like Like x 1
  4. mantasisg

mantasisg
    Premium

Ratings:
    +1,196
    Thank you. I'll add preview images later :)

As for spray, I know that it is doable in some degree, but I have not even tried it, because I'm afraid to ruin fps.

As for thicker layer of water, I doubt that I could do it. Probably would need to make tarmac normal map a bit softer and have specific new shader for water on the road effect, I don't know.

By the way, I think this wet_eff.kn5 should easily fit winter or autumn Nordschleife mods. So it is easy to get clear ice look for Winter mod.

5. AlfaGunner

AlfaGunner

Ratings:
    +2
    Spray would be good )

6. Deswribilator

Deswribilator

Ratings:
    +76
    Yes, the road reflections are very low, It could be that it is caused by the mod of darkyjoe, but not sure
    Real Billboards & Stuff 2. Real Billboards & Stuff 1.12 Textures (kompatibel mit Winter - Nords 1.0)
    I've removed all mod, it's very good now

• Like Like x 1
  7. mantasisg

mantasisg
    Premium

Ratings:
    +1,196
    Thanks again :) Yes it is much better now. Crazy choice of a car for low grip track, thankfully it has TC haha

And spray probably is not killing fps that much with only one car. Is it true that you have to set friction to at least 0.9 to have this spray effect ?

It is much more grippy track then, but still just a little bit damp :)

8. Deswribilator

Deswribilator

Ratings:
    +76
    I do not know if it goes without too ?

9. mantasisg

mantasisg
    Premium

Ratings:
    +1,196
    I haven't tested that at all... But looks nice in the mirroe and replay :D

But if there must be at least 0.9 of friction, then it is just no, big no. Track will be way too quick with 0.9.

10. Albs

Albs

Ratings:
    +2
    "What do you mean by alpha channel for reflections ? You mean reflections were inconsistent in AOSTA mod ?"
    Sorry for the late answer.
    Anyway nope, I mean you could use the skin folder of the track to replace the tarmac texture into ones that have spots of dry and spots of water so the the results feels more immersive and realistic. You can wacth Tor Poznan Zima for example, they made a fantastic winter tarmac.

This mod + Good and Bad weather Rain (+ particles) + custom tarmac texture would rock!

11. mantasisg

mantasisg
    Premium

Ratings:
    +1,196
    Wouldn't work, because water needs to be different material, different shader, also by using tarmac texture it would be too repetitive, same and same stuff each 100m or so :)

12. Jez_Hammond

Jez_Hammond

Ratings:
    +13
    Thanks for replying to my review mantasisg, I've now had progress with mixing this and 'Good and Bad Weather' (GaBW) mod's water spray from the tyres!

I was torn between two mods that didn't want to play together:
    (1) The convincing feel of this wet road mod for Nordschleife (low grip ~0.7 plus a decent reflection at a medium setting).
    (2) The placibo effects of GaBW mod (moody clouds and filters, plus of course the visible tyre spray).

After jumping between the two mods a few times I found that this feel (1) was the more challenging and much more realistic.
    But I wanted the spray so bad... In your reply to my review you mentioned that the GaBW mod's spray only kicks in with friction of 0.9, while this is around 0.7...
    As I couldn't get around that without completely losing the feel, I left the friction as is (you have chosen perfectly imo).
    The solution to get both mods working together was - turn mud in to water spray.
    To do this edit 2 files:

First in "assettocorsa/content/tracks/ks_nordschleife/nordschleifewet/data/surfaces.ini" add 1.0 to *all* DIRT_ADDITIVE settings (ex. the carpet entry becomes DIRT_ADDITIVE=1.1 haha).

Secondly, decide which weather to choose from GaBW's list (I like just "Rain" here, while at the TT I prefer "Rain Light" due to the darker asphalt).
    ...Edit the file "assettocorsa/content/weather/109_gbW_rain/tyre_smoke_grass.ini" (or the chosen rain directory), and replace all of the contents with the contents from the file "tyre_smoke.ini".

That's it! And wow suddenly the placibo has gone through the roof...the video you posted seems totally appropriate :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Love Love x 1
  13. mantasisg

mantasisg
    Premium

Ratings:
    +1,196
    Wow, thanks for sharing ! You went through some decent investigation here. Will have to try your trick as soon as I'll be free from other things. Really curious to see. Thank you again :)

14. Albs

Albs

Ratings:
    +2
    I reply to you adding the message i've posted in the Modding Request thread, since I think you'd be the perfect guy for this job! Please consider it!

"
    Hello everybody, after playing with good and bad weather mod 3.2 I realized that the the custom particles and custom rain weather really improve immersion, but again the tarmac was dull.

I tried adding a texture overlay (mask) to the tarmac to make it look more water stained, whit spots darker/lighter spots here and there and I'm pretty happy with the results. Video below:

The problem is, as a simple mask this texture has no real reflections at all, so i'd like to ask some PROs (since I'm not a modder) to take charge of this kind of project, maybe realize some wet version for the standard tracks adding a road mesh like "Wet Nordschleife" with some good specularity and spots of reflective /non reflective tarmac (take Tor Poznan Zima as example) so all we assetto corsa fans have a finally good looking rain!"

• Like Like x 1
  15. mantasisg

mantasisg
    Premium

Ratings:
    +1,196
    Nice, maybe it would be possible to do something, would have to experiment, but I don't have much time now. Also I'm not a pro, totally far from pro. Pro would probably would have all the steps in his head how to make it in a few seconds.

I could experiment with my Wet Nordshleife texture/shader some day.

Looks pretty good :)

• Like Like x 1
  16. Ejay

Ejay

Ratings:
    +0
    I downloaded your file and and added it to the AC tracks folder, but it´s not visible when I am trying to choose the track for training. It worked with other tracks and cars. The problem is, I know nothing about computers and programs. Can you tell me exactly which file of your program has to be inserted in which folder. I would be very happy, if you could help me, cause driving at bad weather (snow and rain) is Unfortunately missing in AC.

17. mantasisg

mantasisg
    Premium

Ratings:
    +1,196
    @Ejay All you have to do is to extract this file in tracks folder, and then look for the new layout of Nordschleife. Perhaps something didn't work when you were extracting the archive, try it again and tell me if it has worked :)

Just look for new layout to appear among existing Kunos Nordschleife layouts.

18. Ejay

Ejay

Ratings:
    +0
    That´s exactly what I did. I stored the file in the tracks folder. I try it once more. Do I have to put the file in the tracks folder or in the ks nordschleife folder? Some one uploaded Touristenfahrten with AI. hat doesn´t work neither.

19. Ejay

Ejay

Ratings:
    +0
    Second try, now there is terrible weather at the Ring. I don´t know, why it works this time but it´s fun. I tried a lap in the Lola T70 MKII. I must be crazy. It´s a real challenge to stay under 9 minutes. Many thanks for your great work

• Love Love x 1
  20. mantasisg

mantasisg
    Premium

Ratings:
    +1,196
    Gotta try T70 too, must be a bit too crazy :D Glad to know that it works now.