PC2 Well that was a nice moment.

apex11

@Simberia
I loved PCars 1 on my lowly xbox one, 600 odd hours, TX wheel, really got me inspired into sim racing and now i'm running a PC...

I'll never be a fan of the way SMS do business...but. despite now having loads of sims as im on PC i picked up PCars 2 for £26...bargain so soon after release...

Anyway have set it up properly now and it runs great and i was driving round Silverstone and it was winter and 7am......and the steam rising off the track.....ermmm...incredible......

Worth my £26 right there....credit where credit is due...

I find the trees look so horrible i've just stopped looking at them....they flicker and are the worst representation of trees i think i've ever seen...
People slag off 2D trees in games, but if 3D ones look like this then i'll take 2D thanks...

You need more shadow or track details. My trees don't flicker, i only notice the tree shadows spazzing out when they are really far away, like in a replay where the camera is very far, never when racing.

• Deleted member 99238

I find the trees look so horrible i've just stopped looking at them....they flicker and are the worst representation of trees i think i've ever seen...
People slag off 2D trees in games, but if 3D ones look like this then i'll take 2D thanks...
Perhaps here I agree with you.
Surprisingly, the trees in PC1 looked much more realistic.
The new 3D models reflect light very well and cast shadows, and they vary with the season. But the models themselves are very simple and there are not many of them. For this reason, I can not look at the Nordschleife in PC2, it's terrible.

You need more shadow or track details. My trees don't flicker, i only notice the tree shadows spazzing out when they are really far away, like in a replay where the camera is very far, never when racing.

It's a bug, going to patched according to the official forum.
For now i just ignore the trees.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 296 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 204 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 199 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 147 7.6%
  • < 5 years