F1 2010 Well, I tried...

F1 2010 The Game (Codemasters)
F

Frankantz

• Frankantz

I just can't get into this. The game is insanely hard and there are weird things going on with the AI. I so much preferred the Championship Edition, even if the graphics here are better.
I finish last all of the time, Settings are on easy peasy, all driver assists turned on, in a Lotus with tyre and fuel sim turned off. All I want to do is finish in the middle of the field but the game seems to have been made for people with a formula 1 car set up in their living room. FFS I can't see how people are coming first in a Lotus in legend! Its just too buggy, and too stupidily difficult.

The replays suck and AI is ludicrous.

Codemasters just lost another customer I'm afraid.

Green line kills the immersion, but TC and ABS are okay? You can only learn to really race with those aids disabled. Otherwise its just pushing the paddle fully each corner exit.

To learn a track properly put your car into 5th or 6th gear and leave it there for like 4 to 5 laps without shifting. This sounds weird but if you do this you really get to know a tracks braking lines properly and the driving lines and apexes. The most common mistake people make is to try to go flatout for the first time on a new track and learn the wrong braking point and corner turn-ins. Takes a long time to get rid of old habbits.

i know the game is more immersive without any aids, but it's way more difficult for a rookie to deal with tc off than it is to deal with the lack of the green line.

and i admit i struggle a lot with tc off in this particular game, the car response just doesn't feel right, you can't tell if you're losing traction before it's too late. i have it set to medium.

i know the game is more immersive without any aids, but it's way more difficult for a rookie to deal with tc off than it is to deal with the lack of the green line.

and i admit i struggle a lot with tc off in this particular game, the car response just doesn't feel right, you can't tell if you're losing traction before it's too late. i have it set to medium.

I agree that you pretty much have no idea how much grip you have with F1 2010, its very hard to tell how much throttle you can do, the car shows no signs of spinning until it finally goes, it looks so absolutely ridiculous when it does and the only way to stop it is to brake... One of the worst aspects of the driving experience in this game. The whole "turbulant air" and less grip with prime tyres is cool but i feel they just got it very wrong, less grip should not mean your car uncontrollably spins around on the spot like a merry go round.

I hate when a track is fully rubbered in on career mode too because then anywhere other than the black rubbered race line the car will just spin around like some crazy wild monkey, a couple of times its just made me angry because it comes from nowhere and you never ever see that kinda thing happening in real life, or in the more simulation based games. Its really hard to know where you are with the car when nothing comes from the force feedback, theres no visible evidence of something happening it just snaps, like an on/off switch. Very unnatural.

/rant

Well, after 19 poles and 19 wins in my first season with a Virgin (not so much anymore heh?) on Easy diff and 2 poles and 2 wins with the Lotus on my new career in Hard diff - Only ABS, Traction Control and Auto Gear Shift ON in both cases, keyboard driving!), I can guarantee you this game is not that hard. Brake Assist really screws up lap times so that's a must to be OFF. Learning the speed and limit of each turn and memorizing a circuit takes time. Just practice and you'll get it.

Of course, wheel drivers with all assists off on Expert mode can do much better than a KB driver, with a bit more challenge from AI and 100% laps races, which adds to the fun, I guess, but still, I'd say practice is required to learn the limits of each turn of every track.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 559 17.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 379 11.8%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 341 10.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 243 7.6%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 390 12.1%