Welcome to the Historic Racing Section

Stuart Thomson

The Stoat Without Fear ™
Premium
As you can see, we're in a shiny new home.

I'm going to leave a lot of the GTLegends stuff where it was (all Race threads before this year, and all older threads), so this section starts afresh as a totally integrated section.

If people want a particular thread brought over, please let me or Carlos know and we'll look into it.

To differentiate between the threads, we have implemented the prefixes so people kinow exactly what they are reading about, so please use them to make it clear what you are referring to.

Carlos & I will also have to specify a prefix on general threads, but so be it.

Cats = Yes!

Haven't tried the Vee/Ford mods properly, but i hear they're very good, so i'd be up for giving them a go.

How about the F1 1971 mod? It has arguably the best looking car models and sounds of any mod in rFactor, and recently the physics were updated along with more realisitic engine damage. (ie: over-revving causes the engine to go bang rather quickly)

I probably / almost certainly won't be doing any F1.

And a lot of Erik's post falls under the remit of the regular rF staff.

I'm only looking at the mods I mentioned.

Maybe Bathurst Legends, depending on the usage elsewhere

Got a new one we can use i have been playing it for some time now and would have to say it is one of the best f1 mods ever to be put on a game (it would be cool if they ported it to GTL)

f1 71 with the chifwichem update its mind blowing good

As I say, I won't be doing any F1 - there's a regular Sunday rFactor Club event for that - but I will be doing some lower Historic Formulae.

I will be doing the first Historic Club rFactor event on Friday week - 6th May - and from that point on I'll start mixing up the P&G & rF events on Fridays.

For the first one, we'll jump into the Formula Vees round a couple of default (and therefore familiar) short courses for some sprint action.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 428 16.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 286 11.2%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 280 10.9%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 193 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 328 12.8%