1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Weird rFactor.exe problem

Discussion in 'Formula SimRacing' started by Milan Radivojevic, Oct 20, 2013.

1. When I try to start rFactor I got this message

I used different exe files ,but evry time I have this -.- Reinstalled the game and still nothing -.-
  2. Go to %Temp% folder, delete all the files, and try again to see if it helps.
  3. Still the same ...
  4. have you tried to remove any unnecessary plugins
    • Like Like x 2
  5. Could be that your hard disk is about to die. You can run the chkdsk disk check and repair by right clicking on the hard disk, select properties, tools, etc.
    • Like Like x 1
  6. i agree with John because my rfactor lagged when my disk was dying and nothing can be done about it, but i didnt backup (that is why i am taking long with the WT Highlights but no matter) so when in doubt get a new hard drive preferably the same size you got transfer all the stuff you can and when your old one dies you still have your stuff on the new drive, Simples.
  7. After chkdisc it works,thank you John :)
  8. Tom

Staff Emeritus Staff

Late to the party but if you're having issues like that I suggest using a tool like HDTune. It can read all the SMART data of your HDD, that way it's easier to check for all common issues and identify a hardware failure before it's critical. :)

• Like Like x 1