F1 2010 Weird lotus faster in straight than other cars

F1 2010 The Game (Codemasters)
Alo...

Since I instaled the patch 1.01 in practice my Lotus is faster in straight than the other cars (and i mean mclarens, ferraris, red bull). What hapens is that i can pass them in the straight very easy... but them they stick to my rear and pass in the next turn...

This is weird because... i don't think that its is possible a lotus pass a to car even with light fuel..

What do you reckon? This strange behaviour is a bug or cause by fuel load or car setup

Thank you for attention :)

In real life the slower teams often have the highest top speeds (bad downforce aero etc). If i remember correctly teams like Force India are on top of speedtrap ranks often.

In this case i havent experienced it myself that the Lotus is way faster, would be a cool car characteristic if it was though.

Yes... that can the the answer... but if they are slower than me in straights they should't have normal good times... because to have that times they have to be alot faster in the corner than normal... :S

Yes... that can the the answer... but if they are slower than me in straights they should't have normal good times... because to have that times they have to be alot faster in the corner than normal... :S

The AI times in this game are not determined by them actually driving their cars on the track. The AI times are determined behind the scenes. It's all messed up and one of the biggest beefs I have with this game. For all the faults of the AI in a game such as GTR2 and/or GTR Evolution, at least you know you are racing the AI on the track in those two games. In this game the AI times are all fabricated if they are not in close proximity to you.

Red Bull proved this year that going round a corner faster is better than going down a straight faster for lap time. Button even matched low downforce setups with his high downforce setup this year at Monza, simply because he could get around the lesmos and the parabolica much faster than anyone else.

The AI times in this game are not determined by them actually driving their cars on the track. The AI times are determined behind the scenes. It's all messed up and one of the biggest beefs I have with this game. For all the faults of the AI in a game such as GTR2 and/or GTR Evolution, at least you know you are racing the AI on the track in those two games. In this game the AI times are all fabricated if they are not in close proximity to you.

Yes - outside of the lack of mechanical failures/AI DNFs this 'simulated qualifying' is one of the few things I dislike about this game. I find it hard to understand how GP 4 had this nailed about ten years ago - hell, even F1GP had it nailed!

Yes - outside of the lack of mechanical failures/AI DNFs this 'simulated qualifying' is one of the few things I dislike about this game. I find it hard to understand how GP 4 had this nailed about ten years ago - hell, even F1GP had it nailed!

Yea F1GP was amazing for its time, from GP2 to GP4 they had it right, although it was disheartening to be leading a race only for your engine to blow, it was that realism that did it for me.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 362 15.8%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 254 11.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 245 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 181 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 303 13.2%