Weird lag / ping issue

FIXED

I updated my mainboard's bios which resulted in all my bios settings returning to default.. including turning my overclock off.

Hi,

I joined racederpartment and bought rfactor ready to get into some multiplayer racing when i come across quite a bizarre problem.

I get about 800-1200ms ping online, other players warp around and my game is constantly 'synchronizing game' even on servers from my country.

What makes it weird is that when i press 2 to ping the server it comes back 30-70ms and when I do a ping -t in command line on the server it comes back 10-30ms.

I have no problems in other games and speedtest.net returned 18mb/s download and 0.5mb/s up.

No matter what I've done it doesn't seem to fix the problem, i've done / tried the following:

> Restarting pc, modem, router
> Port forward the correct ports for rfactor
> V-sync on / off
> Registry ping fix (used in mmos) and turned off tcp autotuning (i returned these to normal afterwards)
> Set connection type in rfactor to ISDN
> Reinstalled rfactor
> Connected my PC direct to my modem
> Disconnected others from the network
> Stopped all background programs
> Disabled windows firewall and added exceptions just incase

If you have come across this problem or have any suggestions, please do tell :)

Yesterday during practice for a race, also my game was constantly appearing messages 'synchronizing game', never happen before and I wasn’t in the mood of having that disturbing during the race.

After a bit of research I find this thread and as I couldn’t manage to updated the main board’s bios, so I just run a windows registry fix and seems to do the job, no more messages after that.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back