1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

Week 44, WTCC @ Road America

Discussion in 'RACE 07 Racing Club & Leagues' started by Dennis Phelan, Oct 26, 2013.

1. Dennis Phelan

Dennis Phelan
    more about staying on track. Premium Member

[​IMG]

The WTCC server will be online all week for practicing. The server is setup with an extended first practice session of 900 minutes. Please only use this practice session when racing online for fun, do not vote it round to an official qualification or race sessions unless being asked to do so.

Week 44 Start Date: Sunday October 27, 2013
    Week 44 End Date: Saturday November 2, 2013

Race days for official ranked sessions
    Note: There are no ranked sessions on Monday, Wednesday and Friday as on those days other cars may have their official races. (see other threads)

• Tuesday October 29
    • Thursday October 31
    • Saturday November 2
    Time schedule for official ranked sessions
    • WTCC '06 and '07 cars, Vauxhall Vectra excluded
    • Track, Road America, Race On needed
    • Official Practice: 20:00 GMT
    • Qualification: 20:30 GMT [Superpole]
    • Warmup: 20:40 GMT
    • Race Starts: 20:50 GMT, 45 minute race
    • Race Ends: 21:35 GMT
    Information
    Server name: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM #R
    Password: Click here for the server password
    RaceLog: After each session your fastest laptime, result and rank are published inside the RaceLog system. Click here or quickly navigate to the RaceLog section of your choice via the navigation button on the site and forums
    Discuss, support, encourage and share!
    This event thread will be the central thread for WTCC discussions and race reports this week and we very much like to see your race reports :)

Our racing clubs are foremost meant to gain online experience so please help other drivers out when they have questions about the event, the car, the track, the setup or a combination. Remember that first post where somebody else helped you for the first time, helping is nice!

Entry List for Tuesday :
    1. Dennis Phelan
    2. Justin Swan
    3. Aleksander Pienkowski
    4. Namgung Joong-Ki
    5. Mark Bushell
    6. -
    7. -
    8. -
    9. -
    10. -
    11. -
    12. -
    13. -
    14. -
    15. -
    16. -
    17. -
    18. -
    19. -
    20. -
    21. -
    22. -
    23. -
    24. -
    25. -
    Entry List for Thursday:
    1. Dennis Phelan
    2. Justin Swan
    3. Aleksander Pienkowski
    4. Mark Bushell
    5. Arunas Linkevicius
    6. Garbea Florin
    7. Brian Wallace
    8. Matthias Klein
    9. -
    10. -
    11. -
    12. -
    13. -
    14. -
    15. -
    16. -
    17. -
    18. -
    19. -
    20. -
    21. -
    22. -
    23. -
    24. -
    25. -
    Entry List for Saturday:
    1. Calum McLure
    2. Mark Bushell
    3. Garbea Florin
    4. Reggie Blain
    5. Reggie Blaine Snr
    6. -
    7. -
    8. -
    9. -
    10. -
    11. -
    12. -
    13. -
    14. -
    15. -
    16. -
    17. -
    18. -
    19. -
    20. -
    21. -
    22. -
    23. -
    24. -
    25. -
    Server is UP!

Last edited: Nov 2, 2013
  2. Dennis Phelan

Dennis Phelan

Please sign up for the events rather than just dropping in. This has been happening regularly in all of the "signup" races lately. When you do this, drivers don't see anyone listed as attending a race and decide to not signup, reducing the number of people actually in the event.

If members continue to show up for races having not signed up I may start kicking them from the race. This practice was once normal in Club racing and might need re-instituting. If you signup and choose at a later time to not attend, that's fine, all you have to do is post and say so. No problem!

Last edited: Oct 27, 2013
  3. Justin Swan

Justin Swan
    RD-DVLC

I'm in for TUESDAY and THURSDAY please.

4. Justin Swan

Justin Swan
    RD-DVLC

You can download the RD CLUB WTCC skinpack HERE.

5. Justin Swan

Justin Swan
    RD-DVLC

Come on guys, lets see a healthy grid for this weeks racing. This is a relatively short but fast flowing circuit and with a good field of cars could result in some great racing. This is the GP circuit layout.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 28, 2013
  6. I'm in for TUESDAY and THURSDAY.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Calum McLure

Calum McLure
    Did ye, aye? Premium Member

I'll sign up for Saturday, been a while since I've been on R07 :thumbsup:

• Like Like x 1
  8. Slap me down for Tuesday please, Dennis.
    On that there shiny shiny sign up list. :thumbsup:

9. Mark Bushell

Mark Bushell
    Now a member of the G27 club. Premium Member

Hello Dennis, sign me up for Tuesday and I'll see how I get on :thumbsup::unsure:

• Like Like x 1
  10. Dennis Phelan

Dennis Phelan

11. Gundars

Gundars
    Pedal to the metal Premium Member

Sing me up please for Tuesday !

12. H34d5h07

H34d5h07
    No money, no team racing.

is to late to sign up? If not, put on for tuesday.

13. Justin Swan

Justin Swan
    RD-DVLC

Great race tonight. Already decided to pit at about the half way point because my tyres were losing grip already but wasn't prepared to jump before Daniel and NJ did, that decision forced me to stay out for the entire race because I didn't have enough of a gap and the undercut was there for the taking. Daniel was showing no sign of pitting.

Good to finally get TS working at last and got to chat to Dennis :)

• Like Like x 1
  14. H34d5h07

H34d5h07

Great race guys. I knew this was going to be a "all in" chance. I wanted to pit some many times, you have no idea. My mechanic was constantly spamming me, about my tyres :whistling: and every corner was starting go get more and more challenging to pull off.

Had a pretty decent start, and for a few seconds I was in 1st place :p
    But Justin came back. but since he was on the right side, just before the first right hand corner, I thought to myself "lets make it difficult for him" so he had to brake early and get behind me. I wasn't going to move an inch. :devilish: But how wrong I was, Justin did just that, and cut right infront of me, resulting in small nudge that made him go off-track. And I wanted to be fair, so I followed him by my own will. LOL.

Rest of the race was just about picking off were we left. I thought to myself when I reached the 2nd place, there maybe is chance to close in on Justin IF he pits. But he never did, haha.

Another incident occurred later on. I was getting closer and closer to Gundar. And when I was about to pass him (outbrake him in the first corner after start/finish) he turned right and smashed into me. I don't know if he just wanted to close the door on me and misjudged were I was or whatever it was. I got little of balance but passed him later on anyway.

Overall, great race.

// EDIT, it was actually in the 2nd corner were me and Justin went off.

Last edited: Oct 29, 2013
    • Like Like x 2
  15. Justin Swan

Justin Swan
    RD-DVLC

Sorry @Daniel Linder. I thought I was just enough in front of you to move back onto the racing the line but looking at the replay it was a bit of a tight squeeze.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Gundars

Gundars
    Pedal to the metal Premium Member

Yep ,it was good race tonight :), I decided to choose BMW for this race - big challenge for me :D.
    What I like most of this car is start - power of BMW :D,but when it's come to braking ,downshifting in turn - thats other story :rolleyes:
    So ,no Daniel ,no doors closing ,just classic braking with boomer (BMW):D. I missed a litle my braking poit in this turn and under hard braking lost my back ,but it was very lucky escape we both stayed on track :).
    Anyway ,this was good race, even if I finish it in the wall :D.

p.s sorry for my bad english;)

• Like Like x 1
  17. Loving the Alonso start there by Gundars!

Started out not so bad, led for a couple of the opening laps, but Justin was soon by.
    Held off Daniel until just about halfway, tyres beginning to die.
    Didn't look like either of them had an eye on the pits. :cry:

Tried to stay with Daniel for a couple more laps even though my reptilian hindbrain was telling me to pit.
    Started to haemorrhage time after that and with 10 mins to go, I let the wookie win.

Came out on rails and feeling fine.
    Managed to claw a few spots back with an outside wonder if I could catch Dennis.
    Coming up on Mark, my OhMyGodILoveThisGrip zombie blissface didn't consider he might have to brake for the upcoming corner.

Can't see his brake lights in the vid but you can tell when I saw them!
    Car now feeling and looking like a coat hangar, that was it.
    Good stuff, more soon.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Dennis Phelan

Dennis Phelan

All I wanted was little "off's" and no big ones!
    I got my wish. Basically ythe ame situation that Justin was in, I was hoping for Gundars to lose grip in his rears before I lost my fronts. For a long time it was small loss for each of us, just keeping pressure on and then the Beemer Boomed. NJK pitted and wow, I was on the podium, just don't heat up the threads of the carcass too much. Finished with only 22% on the front!

It WAS a great race!

• Like Like x 2
  19. H34d5h07

H34d5h07

To Justin
    Don't worry about it.
    It was tight and you were actually already ahead of me.

To Gundars
    Yeah, it happens to me all the time when I take the BMW for a spin.
    That's why I never race with it.
    I can't seem to get it right :whistling:

20. i don't have Race On, perhaps next week. :)