1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Week 42 WTCC @ '09Mosport

Discussion in 'RACE 07 Racing Club & Leagues' started by Dennis Phelan, Oct 12, 2013.

1. Dennis Phelan

Dennis Phelan
    Let's just get out there and RACE!! Premium Member

The WTCC server will be online all week for practicing. The server is setup with an extended first practice session of 900 minutes. Please only use this practice session when racing online for fun, do not vote it round to an official qualification or race sessions unless being asked to do so.

Week 38 Start Date: Monday October 14, 2013
    Week 38 End Date: Sunday October 20, 2013

Race days for official ranked sessions
    Note: There are no ranked sessions on Monday, Wednesday and Friday as on those days other cars may have their official races. (see other threads)

• Tuesday October 16
    • Thursday October 18
    • Saturday October 20
    Time schedule for official ranked sessions
    • WTCC '06 and '07 cars, Vauxhall Vectra excluded
    • Track, '09 Mosport [Download]
    • Official Practice: 19:00 GMT
    • Qualification: 19:30 GMT [Superpole]
    • Warmup: 19:40 GMT
    • Race Starts: 19:50 GMT, 45 minute race
    • Race Ends: 20:35 GMT
    Server name: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM #R
    Password: Click here for the server password
    RaceLog: After each session your fastest laptime, result and rank are published inside the RaceLog system. Click here or quickly navigate to the RaceLog section of your choice via the navigation button on the site and forums
    Discuss, support, encourage and share!
    This event thread will be the central thread for WTCC discussions and race reports this week.

You can ask other drivers to practice or race with you by using the tag function of the forum. Place an @ directly followed by the user name and this person will receive a notification or just leave a post that you will be participating in the first upcoming race, and we very much like to see your race reports :)

Our racing clubs are foremost meant to gain online experience so please help other drivers out when they have questions about the event, the car, the track, the setup or a combination. Remember that first post where somebody else helped you for the first time, helping is nice!

Server is UP!
    Last edited: Oct 12, 2013
  2. Justin Swan

Justin Swan

It took me an hour to download from that link :sleep:
    If anybody else is finding it painfully slow, I've uploaded it HERE
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. Dennis Phelan

Dennis Phelan

I was hoping someone would post about downloading for there. I could get it from there easily but using IE in RD's DS server I couldn't even get it, good thing I found that it was already there!
  4. Karl Barnes

Karl Barnes
    slow in, fast out!

Hey how do I compete in this series do I just join on or do I sign up? Thanks in advance! :)
  5. Justin Swan

Justin Swan

Just turn up for the WTCC races :)
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Karl Barnes

Karl Barnes
    slow in, fast out!

I thought so thanks :)
  7. Reggie Blain

Reggie Blain
    Premium Member

My dad and i will be around tonight, hopefully wee can get a nice wee for the race
  8. Dennis Phelan

Dennis Phelan

I did a preliminary setup on two cars last night. I hope I can get a few more 0.001 seconds out of them today :D
    • Like Like x 1
  9. I am now driving 1:xx.xxx, steady, I changed the tire pressure and gearbox so far and I am using the RD setup guide but if anyone has tips for me, I am using the 2007 BMW E..(russian cars, 3 of them total in class).

Staff edit; we try to not discuss laptimes in the forum so as to not discourage drivers from entering as well as keep Club events fun events.
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 15, 2013
    • Like Like x 1
  10. 4 8 15 16 23 42 108

4 8 15 16 23 42 108
    Only the 5th-most famous race driver from Kerpen

Sorry will not make it tonight in time. Dropbox link is as slow as the first one.
    I will not have the chance to try a single lap. Pity:-(
    Was booted for cheating as I currently have 1.0 instead of 1.1 I think.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. Ariciuc Razvan

Ariciuc Razvan
    Premium Member

Any ideea why i get booted as possbile cheat ?
  12. Yes, your track files are probably corrupt or not correctly installed. Also make sure you have version 1.1 and not 1.0(comes in weisebude thingy).
  13. Dennis Phelan

Dennis Phelan

It was set to be an interesting race as the small field was lapping well. "Monday we found this track to be deadly on the first lap and it happened again today as quick drivers, high speeds and ARMCO barriers made of Carbonite meant an end to most all of us in a short time. I managed almost half way. Bummer, I got away from the ARMCO with damage but managed to kill myself at moss's by entering to fast :(.

Maybe I can do better on Thursday :thumbsup:
    • Like Like x 2
  14. Karl Barnes

Karl Barnes
    slow in, fast out!

it was havoc!
  15. Dennis Phelan

Dennis Phelan

16. Justin Swan

Justin Swan

Me and Reggie were the only ones to avoid any incidents and luckily we made a good race of it as it could have been a very lonely night. I think less than a second separated us after 45 minutes. Don't know if he was holding back or not as he's normally off into the distance. I enjoyed the chase none the less :D
    • Like Like x 1
  17. Dennis Phelan

Dennis Phelan

Thursday: I was having a great race until I realized that Justin was running on old bald tires, only a split second quicker than I was and making small mistakes. With nothing to lose I pushed without stopping, recovering from only a few small mistakes and seeing the gap to him incrementally close. Then, all of a sudden a small mistake turned into a catastrophic mistake and I was sitting with a dead engine, again! Worth the effort I think.

Thanks to the solid crew of drivers that have been trying to remove all the tire barriers and ARMCO that surround Mosport. Your presence has been very welcome! Can't wait for the "Mini mishap at Mosport".
  18. Justin Swan

Justin Swan

Yep! after ruining my race on lap 2 or 3 by running wide at turn 2 (we all know how deadly that is) I considered myself very fortunate to only have suspension damage and a front right puncture :(
    Managed to hobble back to the pits and use this as my one and only stop, knowing full well I was going to have to cope with the demanding bends of Mosport with very worn tyres by the end of the race. Knowing how deadly this track can be, it was worth pushing on because of the high chance of some extra stops or DNF's from other drivers and that proved true and earned me a 3rd place.
    Those fast bends are very tricky on very worn tyres I can tell you!!!
  19. Dennis Phelan

Dennis Phelan

Those fast curves pretty tough on us less than great drivers too!
  20. They are very deadly yet great fun! Although not many good lines through them.