1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

Week 41 WTCC @ Istanbul '06

Discussion in 'RACE 07 Racing Club & Leagues' started by Dennis Phelan, Oct 5, 2013.

1. Dennis Phelan

Dennis Phelan
    more about staying on track. Premium Member

[​IMG]
    Schedule
    The WTCC server will be online all week for practicing. The server is setup with an extended first practice session of 900 minutes. Please only use this practice session when racing online for fun, do not vote it round to an official qualification or race sessions unless being asked to do so.

Week 38 Start Date: Monday October 7, 2013
    Week 38 End Date: Sunday October 13, 2013

Race days for official ranked sessions
    Note: There are no ranked sessions on Monday, Wednesday and Friday as on those days other cars may have their official races. (see other threads)

• Tuesday October 9
    • Thursday October 11
    • Saturday October 13
    Time schedule for official ranked sessions
    • WTCC '06 and '07 cars, Vauxhall Vectra excluded
    • Track, Singapore '06
    • Official Practice: 19:00 GMT
    • Qualification: 19:30 GMT [Superpole]
    • Warmup: 19:40 GMT
    • Race Starts: 19:50 GMT, 45 minute race
    • Race Ends: 20:35 GMT
    Information
    Server name: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM #R
    Password: Click here for the server password
    RaceLog: After each session your fastest laptime, result and rank are published inside the RaceLog system. Click here or quickly navigate to the RaceLog section of your choice via the navigation button on the site and forums
    Discuss, support, encourage and share!
    This event thread will be the central thread for WTCC discussions and race reports this week.

You can ask other drivers to practice or race with you by using the tag function of the forum. Place an @ directly followed by the user name and this person will receive a notification or just leave a post that you will be participating in the first upcoming race, and we very much like to see your race reports :)

Our racing clubs are foremost meant to gain online experience so please help other drivers out when they have questions about the event, the car, the track, the setup or a combination. Remember that first post where somebody else helped you for the first time, helping is nice!

Server is UP!

Last edited: Oct 5, 2013
  2. Justin Swan

Justin Swan
    RD-DVLC

Hey guys, why not add the newly started WTCC skinpack to your collection. We only have 4 cars in version 1 but hoping to add many more as the weeks go on.

• Like Like x 1
  3. "Track, Singapore '06"

Hmm?!! Copy-paste? :D

Btw maybe I can join on Thursday...

4. Dennis Phelan

Dennis Phelan

:)

5. Keen to give it a go tomorrow
    see ya then:D

• Like Like x 1
  6. Justin Swan

Justin Swan
    RD-DVLC

Do we have anyone on tonight?

7. Dennis Phelan

Dennis Phelan

I set up a car on Sunday, hope to drive it again tonight :)

8. 4 8 15 16 23 42 108

4 8 15 16 23 42 108
    Only the 5th-most famous race driver from Kerpen Premium Member

Will there be a race tonight? I have a free day tomorrow! And remember me for next Tuesday aswell.
    Could it be with the new format signups have dropped?

I will just watch a movie else.:roflmao:

9. Dennis Phelan

Dennis Phelan

For those that haven't shown up for the new format...we have been racing regularly :thumbsup:

10. Justin Swan

Justin Swan
    RD-DVLC

Great race tonight and very nearly pulled off a miracle but it didn't quite go my way ;)

I tried to stay out for 45 mins on old tyres, it was the only way I had a chance of wining the race but this is the moment it proved NOT to work and some back markers witnessed my last stand LOL

11. Dennis Phelan

Dennis Phelan

I thought I had a car setup but today all it wanted to do was swap ends on me. I reworked it through all the sessions but had no confidence.

At least it got me a good start!
    And I slipped further and further back.
    I might have been able to fight with Bob but it would have meant spinning out fairly often.
    I chose to drop back further and accompany Tony.
    That made a good race for me, how was it for you?

• Like Like x 1
  12. :laugh::laugh:car set up was not good may have to spend a bit more time trying experimenting with the set up a bit more .car would understeer real bad but it was fun .
    look forward to the next race
    I was wondering where you went after the pit stop Dennis good fun.
    hooked on sim racing

• Like Like x 1
  13. Dennis Phelan

Dennis Phelan

I'll be back for Thursday's event :D

14. Justin Swan

Justin Swan
    RD-DVLC

Me too :D (a little wiser)

15. Reggie Blain

Reggie Blain
    Premium Member

Thinking about joining tonight, who else is racing

16. Justin Swan

Justin Swan
    RD-DVLC

I'll be on.

17. Justin Swan

Justin Swan
    RD-DVLC

Had a great fight with Ariciuc on the Track tonight instead of a fight of stratagies. Equally thrilling. Thanks for two great battles this week @Ariciuc Razvan :D

And great pace from you @Dennis Phelan I was having to watch the gap behind me which wasn't getting any bigger! I'm guessing you had some pit problems?

Last edited: Oct 10, 2013
    • Like Like x 1
  18. Dennis Phelan

Dennis Phelan

It seems that changes made just before the Tuesday race really were for the good! I didn't stop there though and continued my process of making changes, discarding bad ones and keeping ones that worked and in the end had a much easier to drive car with the same speed.

I could "almost" keep up :( and could see the guys pulling away every lap at the last chicane, pulling 0.3 sec on me each lap there. But I only lost ground on mistakes. I should say that the mistakes mounted up :giggle:' Pitted for tires and came out right behind Hamad. Closed and pushed too hard in a couple of places even though it would be easy to get by him. Only Hamed will know why he stuck with the Beemer even though it was giving him problems in every session :cry:

I tapped Hamed in the last chicane and I hope he was planning on going to the pit andnot that I forced him :redface: so I pitted again next lap and came out behind him again :D Now he was on good tires and tougher to get, oh the pressure :devilish: and while I would rather have pulled up and fought, he spun that little bugger right in front of me so I went and took the position.

I had fun putting a chase on the podium gatherers, I hope Hamed had some too :thumbsup:

Thanks to all for a fun race.

• Like Like x 2
  19. I always changing gear with handmade sequential gear with clutch
    this time switch to H pattern with clutch and it was really fun:D
    I think charily driving on E46 can save tires for 45 min without pitting and I was wrong!

• Haha Haha x 1
  20. I can join tonight if anyone fancies racing...

• Like Like x 1