1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

Week 40 WTCC @ Singapore '08

Discussion in 'RACE 07 Racing Club & Leagues' started by Dennis Phelan, Sep 26, 2013.

1. Dennis Phelan

Dennis Phelan
    more about staying on track. Premium Member

[​IMG]The The WTCC cars are the championship series for production, four door touring cars. The car has about 250 HP and weighs about 1100kg, is capable to reach a top speed of 260 km/h. The WTCC cars are ideal for exciting sedan racing, three days a week!

Schedule
    The WTCC server will be online all week for practicing. The server is setup with an extended first practice session of 900 minutes. Please only use this practice session when racing online for fun, do not vote it round to an official qualification or race sessions unless being asked to do so.

Week 38 Start Date: Monday October 1, 2013
    Week 38 End Date: Sunday October 6, 2013

Race days for official ranked sessions
    Note: There are no ranked sessions on Monday, Wednesday and Friday as on those days other cars may have their official races. (see other threads)

• Tuesday October 2
    • Thursday October 4
    • Saturday October 6
    Time schedule for official ranked sessions
    • WTCC '06 and '07 cars, Vauxhall Vectra excluded
    • Track, Singapore '08 [Download here]
    • Official Practice: 19:00 GMT
    • Qualification: 19:30 GMT [Superpole]
    • Warmup: 19:40 GMT
    • Race Starts: 19:50 GMT, 45 minute race
    • Race Ends: 20:35 GMT
    Information
    Server name: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM #R
    Password: Click here for the server password
    RaceLog: After each session your fastest laptime, result and rank are published inside the RaceLog system. Click here or quickly navigate to the RaceLog section of your choice via the navigation button on the site and forums
    Discuss, support, encourage and share!
    This event thread will be the central thread for WTCC discussions and race reports this week.

You can ask other drivers to practice or race with you by using the tag function of the forum. Place an @ directly followed by the user name and this person will receive a notification or just leave a post that you will be participating in the first upcoming race, and we very much like to see your race reports :)

Our racing clubs are foremost meant to gain online experience so please help other drivers out when they have questions about the event, the car, the track, the setup or a combination. Remember that first post where somebody else helped you for the first time, helping is nice!

Server is UP!

Last edited: Sep 27, 2013
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Reggie Blain

Reggie Blain
    Premium Member

• Like Like x 1
  3. Justin Swan

Justin Swan
    RD-DVLC

4. Justin Swan

Justin Swan
    RD-DVLC

As the WTCC events are as, if not more popular than the mini Friday events, should I start a wtcc skinpack too?

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Attempting to get in for the Tuesday race again this week.
    I do love a bit of Singapore.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Rui F. Martins

Rui F. Martins
    Premium Member

i'm going to sit out of this week's event, i'm going to have a busy week so i won't have time to take part, hopefully i will be able to enter next week, have fun :thumbsup:

• Love Love x 1
  7. Reggie Blain

Reggie Blain
    Premium Member

My dad and i will join tonights race, hopefully get a nice grid of cars tonight:)

You joining @Jim Brailsford :cool:

8. jimortality

jimortality
    Premium Member

Thinking about it Reggie, depends how I feel after work and whether GSC 2013 is out.

9. Nox

Nox
    Staff Premium Member

I'll be there today.

10. Bit of a lonely traipse round the track, five drivers isn't much fun.

Of all the proper sims at RD, GTL seems to be doing the most business and it's even older than this.
    So it can't be an age thing.
    Where are all the racers?

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Justin Swan

Justin Swan
    RD-DVLC

I'm taking a week off :) as Arnie says, "I'll be back....."

The boss is on holiday this week which leaves me to run the factory while he's away. Its very stress and mind consuming and I'm pretty wiped out by the end of the day.

• Beer Beer x 1
  12. Dennis Phelan

Dennis Phelan

I'll be there tonight in my Chevy, along with all of you that aren't checking out the new GSC :)

• Like Like x 1
  13. Justin Swan

Justin Swan
    RD-DVLC

You not getting it Dennis? It is something quite special :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Reggie Blain

Reggie Blain
    Premium Member

Thinking of joining tonight is there any 1 else out there joining, we need bigger grids :O_o:

15. I'll be there

• Like Like x 1
  16. Reggie Blain

Reggie Blain
    Premium Member

think my dad will join as well

17. Justin Swan

Justin Swan
    RD-DVLC

Hey guys, grab yourself v1.0 skinpack HERE

• Like Like x 1
  18. Justin Swan

Justin Swan
    RD-DVLC

Used this event to familiarise myself with the track before tomorrows mini race so wasn't expecting to be in touch with the fastest guys......and I wasn't lol
    Found a competitive pace towards the end of the race but of course that was far too late to make any difference.

19. Dennis Phelan

Dennis Phelan

As familiar with the track as I am I just couldn't find a stable car to drive. Opted to sit out Q.

L1, a tap trying to avoid the mess at T1 and then pushed Bob around going into a corner soon after. Everyone looked so far ahead and they were. Bob was able to bridge, I just saw the gap increasing. So, I decided to not pit an make it a test of my ability to run on tire carcass's. I could see after the race that I had incurred some front aero damage, my pit never notified me of that, not that it would have changed anything.

A thanks to all that came to race and for so many on TeamSpeak!