1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

Week 40 Pirate Island

Discussion in 'Automobilista Racing Club & Leagues' started by Rupe Wilson, Sep 30, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rupe Wilson

Rupe Wilson
    Keep Yoga real Premium Member

[​IMG]

The V8 Series races with the JL G-09 model used by all teams in the series is made of a tubular chassis, covered by fiber glass bodywork shaped as a Chevrolet Sonic or Peugeot 408 car models, but with identical performance.

Powered by a V8 engine with 520 HP, 6-speed transmission and total weight rounding up to 1320 kg, the car can reach speeds of up to 270 km/h.

The vehicles are equiped with a so called “push –to-pass” system: Just like in the real series, the player can configure a button to boost the engine power in 50 HP for a few seconds, in order to assist overtaking other cars during race sessions.

Schedule
    The V8 server will be online all week for practicing. The server is setup with an extended first practice session of 165 minutes. Please only use this practice session when racing online for fun, do not vote it round unless being asked to do so.

Week 40 Start Date: Monday September 30th, 2013
    Week 40 End Date: Sunday October 6th, 2013

Race days for official ranked sessions
    • Monday September 30th
    • Tuesday October 1st
    • Wednesday October 2nd
    • Thursday October 3rd
    • Friday October 4th
    • Saturday October 5th
    • Sunday October 6th
    Time schedule for official ranked sessions
    • Qualification: 19:00 GMT
    • Race Starts: 19:30 GMT
    • Race Ends: 20:00 GMT
    Information
    Server name: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM #R
    Mod Required: Click here to download Pirate Island1.1
    Password: Click here for the server password
    RaceLog: After each session your fastest laptime, result and rank are published inside the RaceLog system. Click here or quickly navigate to the RaceLog section of your choice via the navigation button on the site and forums

Discuss, support, encourage and share!
    This event thread will be the central thread for the V8 Series discussions this week.

You can ask other drivers to practice or race with you by using the tag function of the forum. Please type an @ directly followed by the user name and this person will receive a notification or just leave a post that you will be participating in the first upcoming race, and of course we very much like to see your race reports :)

Our racing clubs are foremost meant to gain online experience so please help other drivers out when they have questions about the event, the car, the track, the setup or a combination. Remember that first post where somebody else helped you for the first time, helping is nice!

Have a great week and see you on track!

Last edited: Sep 30, 2013
  2. Rupe Wilson

Rupe Wilson

SERVER IS DOWN

3. Rupe Wilson

Rupe Wilson

SERVER IS BACK UP

4. Servers are offline for today due to the V-WEC event.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Rupe Wilson

Rupe Wilson

Server Is Up

6. Rupe Wilson

Rupe Wilson

Please note we are still running the 2012 version on our servers

7. Sven-Arne Andersson

Sven-Arne Andersson
    Premium Member

Hello guys, long time since I been in here because of a long holiday and long trip.
    I tried to download the patch 1,1 for this track but it will not start for me. Any one having any idea what is wrong or maybe what to do so I get it working. Can´t wait till I can race with you guys again.

8. Rupe Wilson

Rupe Wilson

Hi ive just tried the download and it works ,
    or is it once its installed the game wont fire up :)

9. Sven-Arne Andersson

Sven-Arne Andersson
    Premium Member

Hi Rupe, It is the download of the patch 1.1 that want start for me like the track did. I will try again and see if works now.
    No, the download of the patch did not work. Any other suggestion what can be wrong?

Last edited: Oct 27, 2013
  10. Rupe Wilson

Rupe Wilson

i use Chrome and it works,
    maybe a browser issue.

11. Sven-Arne Andersson

Sven-Arne Andersson
    Premium Member

Hi, now I have downloaded the patch 1.1 and installed it but when I enter the server for this track in GSC 2012 I receive a mismatch for just the patch 1.1. Is the server running without the patch or why do I receive this message?

12. Rupe Wilson

Rupe Wilson

I will check it out now and report back ASAP:)

13. Rupe Wilson

Rupe Wilson

Ok it looks like i've made a mistake but i hope its sorted now..
    server should be now running Pirate Island with the update.

Sorry about that..:redface::redface:

14. Sven-Arne Andersson

Sven-Arne Andersson
    Premium Member

Great news. Not that you have made an error but that I have not made any error my self as I am a noob concerning computers. ;)

• Like Like x 1
  15. Rupe Wilson

Rupe Wilson

I had not realised the link to the update was not working correctly, and it was downloading the same track again..:redface:

16. Hi all. I am trying to get into the club racing here and have been told I am licenced member though it does not show up under my avatar. Also I cant access the page that gives the server password in the link posted above.
    Help please?

17. Please try applying for a licensed membership again here
    Once your application is processed you will be able to access the server passwords.

18. Thanks Lars. I did that and the moderator Tom Endres has a problem with me trying twice. Can you have a word with him please. I wasn't trying to violate the rules and was just acting on your advice. Thanks.
    I think its his problem in the first case as he told me I was already licenced when I'm not.

19. Servers running 2013 now?

20. Yes, 1 server is updated, just doing the other one tonight, we had some technical issues :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.