1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

Week 39, WTCC @ Magny-Cours

Discussion in 'RACE 07 Racing Club & Leagues' started by Dennis Phelan, Sep 19, 2013.

1. Dennis Phelan

Dennis Phelan
    more about staying on track. Premium Member

[​IMG]The The WTCC cars are the championship series for production, four door touring cars. The car has about 250 HP and weighs about 1100kg, is capable to reach a top speed of 260 km/h. The WTCC cars are ideal for exciting sedan racing, three days a week!

Schedule
    The WTCC server will be online all week for practicing. The server is setup with an extended first practice session of 900 minutes. Please only use this practice session when racing online for fun, do not vote it round to an official qualification or race sessions unless being asked to do so.

Week 38 Start Date: Monday September 23, 2013
    Week 38 End Date: Sunday September 29, 2013

Race days for official ranked sessions
    Note: There are no ranked sessions on Monday, Wednesday and Friday as on those days other cars may have their official races. (see other threads)

• Tuesday September 24
    • Thursday September 26
    • Saturday September 29
    Time schedule for official ranked sessions
    • WTCC '06 and '07 cars, Vauxhall Vectra excluded
    • Official Practice: 19:00 GMT
    • Qualification: 19:30 GMT [Superpole]
    • Warmup: 19:40 GMT
    • Race Starts: 19:50 GMT, 45 minute race
    • Race Ends: 20:35 GMT
    Information
    Server name: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM #R
    Password: Click here for the server password
    RaceLog: After each session your fastest laptime, result and rank are published inside the RaceLog system. Click here or quickly navigate to the RaceLog section of your choice via the navigation button on the site and forums
    Discuss, support, encourage and share!
    This event thread will be the central thread for WTCC discussions and race reports this week.

You can ask other drivers to practice or race with you by using the tag function of the forum. Place an @ directly followed by the user name and this person will receive a notification or just leave a post that you will be participating in the first upcoming race, and we very much like to see your race reports :)

Our racing clubs are foremost meant to gain online experience so please help other drivers out when they have questions about the event, the car, the track, the setup or a combination. Remember that first post where somebody else helped you for the first time, helping is nice!

Server is UP!

Last edited: Sep 22, 2013
  2. Arunas

Arunas
    "Polite - punk" - Peter Ell

This isn't my favorite track, but i'll be there :)
    G27 opened my eyes for some challenging and entertaining racing, so I am trying to participate everywhere i can, even I'm slower now :laugh:

• Like Like x 2
  3. Dennis Phelan

Dennis Phelan

@Arunas Linkevicius , you may be slower [ I don't think so] but it sure looks like your charging hard and having fun :)

4. Justin Swan

Justin Swan
    RD-DVLC

I had trouble shaking him off last night lol.

5. Arunas

Arunas

But you did @Justin Swan :)
    I need a lot to learn and get used to G27, because that wheel can kick back and slip away from my hands :D My wheel is alive! :confused:
    After more than 10 years of racing with my old one, it's whole new world now :alien:

6. Dennis Phelan

Dennis Phelan

I know what you mean Arunas, I just switched to a G25.

7. i was told that using a wheel would make me faster, pah not yet but jeez has it made racing 1,000,000% more fun :)
    thanks Dennis for organizing these races and thanks to each and every driver that sits on the grid on race night :thumbsup:

one day, in this game or the next i will be racing hard.

8. Arunas

Arunas

But you have switched from DFGT to G25 (FFB -> FFB), till I have switched from 180 degrees non FFB to G27 :)

• Like Like x 1
  9. Justin Swan

Justin Swan
    RD-DVLC

It took me a while to get faster using a wheel from using a 360 controller but much more rewarding when you get use to it. Can't give a time scale, it's just naturally progressing the more I use it. I've had my G27 about 8 months now and had a DFGT for about 8 months before that. Previous to that I used an xbox360 controller and only really played RacePro.

10. Rui F. Martins

Rui F. Martins
    Premium Member

I'm going to take part in this one, on tuesday and maybe saturday, thursday is completely impossible for me, since i only arrive home at around the time pratice starts, and that is if i can get home quickly, plus i still have to eat and all that stuff so it's a bit thight, but on tuesday i'm completely free and probably on saturday too

• Like Like x 1
  11. Dennis Phelan

Dennis Phelan

How many Peugeot's can we fit on the grid?

12. tonight(Tuesday) i will join with Peugeot:D

13. Arunas

Arunas

Mee too ;)

14. Ariciuc Razvan

Ariciuc Razvan
    Premium Member

I'll try to make it Tuesday also, but in seat (which i think is the worst car for this track ).

• Haha Haha x 1
  15. I would like to join, but why isn't it a WTCC race format???
    45 min. is too long
    I saw as well the Mini race is 80 min!!!
    :(

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Justin Swan

Justin Swan
    RD-DVLC

I don't think it's too long. It opens up possible outcomes that might not necessarily happen in a Sprint race.
    Having said that, I guess it runs late for you guys an hour ahead

17. Reggie Blain

Reggie Blain
    Premium Member

My Dad and i will race tonight as well

18. I have to try at least ;)

• Like Like x 1
  19. Rui F. Martins

Rui F. Martins
    Premium Member

unfortunately i won't be able to race today, i was asked to do a paper for school so i have to do it :(
    although i will be there on saturday, unless something comes up, i will take the seat too, i will use it in every race, to practice setting up the car :p

20. Justin Swan

Justin Swan
    RD-DVLC

Rolled in a distant second to Reggie today. I did consider staying out after he pitted because of the 14s gap I had but it didn't take a genius to work out that wasn't going to pay off as the gap times came tumbling down. So...I decided to pit to at least protect my 2nd place.

Congrats Reggie and everyone who finished, which was all starters which is a pleasant change :D