1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

Week 38 WTCC @ Zolder

Discussion in 'RACE 07 Racing Club & Leagues' started by Dennis Phelan, Sep 13, 2013.

1. Dennis Phelan

Dennis Phelan
    more about staying on track. Premium Member

[​IMG]The The WTCC cars are the championship series for production, four door touring cars. The car has about 250 HP and weighs about 1100kg, is capable to reach a top speed of 260 km/h. The WTCC cars are ideal for exciting sedan racing, three days a week!

Schedule
    The WTCC server will be online all week for practicing. The server is setup with an extended first practice session of 900 minutes. Please only use this practice session when racing online for fun, do not vote it round to an official qualification or race sessions unless being asked to do so.

Week 38 Start Date: Monday September 16, 2013
    Week 38 End Date: Sunday September 22, 2013

Race days for official ranked sessions
    Note: There are no ranked sessions on Monday, Wednesday and Friday as on those days other cars may have their official races. (see other threads)

• Tuesday September 17
    • Thursday September 19
    • Saturday September 21
    Time schedule for official ranked sessions
    • WTCC '10 is needed for this track
    • Official Practice: 19:00 GMT
    • Qualification: 19:30 GMT [Superpole]
    • Warmup: 19:40 GMT
    • Race Starts: 19:50 GMT
    • Race Ends: 20:35 GMT [45 minute race, forced pit for two tires minimum.]
    Information
    Server name: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM #R
    Password: Click here for the server password
    RaceLog: After each session your fastest laptime, result and rank are published inside the RaceLog system. Click here or quickly navigate to the RaceLog section of your choice via the navigation button on the site and forums
    Discuss, support, encourage and share!
    This event thread will be the central thread for WTCC discussions and race reports this week.

You can ask other drivers to practice or race with you by using the tag function of the forum. Place an @ directly followed by the user name and this person will receive a notification or just leave a post that you will be participating in the first upcoming race, and we very much like to see your race reports :)

Our racing clubs are foremost meant to gain online experience so please help other drivers out when they have questions about the event, the car, the track, the setup or a combination. Remember that first post where somebody else helped you for the first time, helping is nice!

Last edited: Sep 13, 2013
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Dennis Phelan

Dennis Phelan

Note the slight change to this weeks format. A single 45 minute race with a forced pitstop for at least two tires. Strategy and timing are also a part of racing :devilish:

I thought I would pass on the reasons, my motivation for this weekly setup. Having picked up on the use of mod tracks I began presenting them in all the classes we drove in so that once downloading, drivers could get to use them before they went to the "back room". I had never intended to stack them for a whole week. Drivers had supported a WTCC League and RD staff heard from several groups/drivers that they would like to work on that and organised those events but it did not happen and so @Bram Hengeveld, suggested I run extended WTCC. What has happened is my interpretation of what he wanted implemented. I'm happy with the way it has begun and hope drivers are enjoying it.

I pondered a while and chose this format for several reasons. First was to give the drivers a form of a "League" which is why it's the guinea pig for the Racelog Rankings. True the scores are tilted a bit by the added results of the first Ironman race but none the less after several weeks the leaders of this series will move to the fore. This allows me as a single organizer to run what many drivers wanted but was difficult to put together. No change to the rules, no maintenance of scores or testing of car/tracks.

I think this unique format will work out well and hopefully we can move onto a series with a different group of cars run along the same lines.

The idea of running all the weeks cars at the same track was to spotlight other cars, offer them as a different way to see the same track and help to better drivers car setups and give drivers other perspectives on the track to help with their driving in WTCC events. You can see that I try to start the week off with a "nice" car, place a fast car in the midweek position and everyone gets plenty of practice for a Mini Friday, a blend of FWD/RWD experience. I can't usually race on Saturdays but I felt that there should be an option for Ranked driving for those that cannot race during the week and maybe it might be the "Ultimate" race to close the week after the earlier battles.

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. Ariciuc Razvan

Ariciuc Razvan
    Premium Member

Love the track, and the pitstop!, altough this is softer on tires i think than brands !

4. Justin Swan

Justin Swan
    RD-DVLC

I hope I can keep up with you here :)

5. Rui F. Martins

Rui F. Martins
    Premium Member

i think i will be able to participate on the 17 and maybe on the 21st, is it ok to take part only when i can?

6. jimortality

jimortality
    Premium Member

I do mate. I work shifts so get on when I can. Hopefully Tuesday and Thursday this week for me.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Lars Johansson

Lars Johansson
    Premium Member

This week i can race on saturday, hope i will meet some of you then

• Like Like x 1
  8. Rui F. Martins

Rui F. Martins
    Premium Member

maybe i've just missed this but the wtcc class is the 2007 cars rigth?

9. Justin Swan

Justin Swan
    RD-DVLC

Who's on tonight? Seems quiet this week.

10. Justin Swan

Justin Swan
    RD-DVLC

2006 & 2007

• Like Like x 1
  11. Arunas

Arunas
    "Polite - punk" - Peter Ell

Maybe I'll join if there will be more of us :)

12. Ariciuc Razvan

Ariciuc Razvan
    Premium Member

I'll try to make it tonight

13. jimortality

jimortality
    Premium Member

wtcc 10 i think

• Like Like x 1
  14. gonna try and make it on track tonight been disappointed with previous outings and really want to have a race with you folks.

managed to temporarily get my wheel working but it will be going back.
    for some reason it cuts out randomly when using the shifter but i`ve disconnected it and it seems to behave (so far) fingers crossed i make it to the line this time out :O_o:

15. Rui F. Martins

Rui F. Martins
    Premium Member

is the vauxhaul avaible to be used?

16. Dennis Phelan

Dennis Phelan

All of our WTCC races, unless specified otherwise, are run with '06 and '07 cars from race '07 along with the Vauxhall Vectra that is available as a free download along with the Crowne Plaza track/addon package available here:http://store.steampowered.com/app/8650/?snr=1_7_suggest__13

Some events are run without the Vectra as no one really uses it and leaving it out makes getting on the server less confusing for newer drivers. When in doubt, check the Weekly Flyer! It might indicate "Vauxhall Vectra excluded".

17. :mad:
    well another race another DNF argh i`m so angry at myself.
    totally did not think about being able to select stuff on the pit menu without a shifter :rolleyes: yeah pretty annoyed at that.

started off in last place having someone behind me due to them not qualifying but was swiftly overtaken as expected.
    i managed to have some fun through the first couple laps but ended up spinning on lap 4 giving me a stop and go penalty, i had to get that sorted out asap so pitted that lap however managed to collect another stop and go on the next lap.
    by then the race was feeling well and truly over for me but alas i pit, got rid of the stop and go and continued to try and finish as that was my initial goal.

lap 17 come round and the spotter mentions the fuel being low so i pit for a re-fuel and that was it i couldn`t select any of the options on the pit menu so unfortunate for me that was the end of my session....

hope you folks had a good race i may join another.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 17, 2013
  18. Justin Swan

Justin Swan
    RD-DVLC

Stick in there Phil, all these things will become second nature and then you can concentrate on your racing. It's like anything, there's a learning curve and it's always steep to begin with. It'll get easier and your times will start coming down...We've all been there :)

19. Justin Swan

Justin Swan
    RD-DVLC

Well I will certainly be changing my pit preset for the next race, I was fighting a pretty lively rear end for the last 15-20 mins of the race and was waiting to be pitched into a spin on the fast corners. Thankfully I managed to bring it home without incident but a long way behind Matthias (again) Congrats Matt :thumbsup:

Last edited: Sep 18, 2013
  20. Rui F. Martins

Rui F. Martins
    Premium Member

Had a great time tonight, it was a fun race, i had no major problems, had a couple of nice battles, even if it wasn't close, was able to finish 4th, which i think it was a good result, better would be impossible, especially with the pace Reggie, Justin and Matthias were doing :)
    Congratulations top3 and those who finished, can't wait for the next one :thumbsup: