rF2 Week 38: Classic F3 @ Longford

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
This week in the RaceDepartment rFactor 2 classic club we head down under, to Longford!

The Classic F3's are perhaps one of the most drivable cars of all the classics, these creations from ISI are great to throw into the corners and catch your drifts out of the corners, putting a smile on everyones face when doing this to perfection. Immerse yourself into a driver of the sixties in these cars, by joining the following weeks in the RD Racing Club Classic F3 series on the beautifully recreated sixties tracks.

The Longford Circuit was a temporary motor racing course laid out on public roads at Longford, 23 kilometres 14 miles south-west of Launceston in Tasmania, Australia. It was located on the northern edges of the town and its 7 km lap passed under a railway line viaduct, crossed the South Esk River via the wooden Kings Bridge, turned hard right at the doorstep of the Longford Hotel, passed over the railway line using a level crossing and traversed the South Esk again via another wooden structure, the Long Bridge. Its first race meeting was held in 1953, the Australian Grand Prix was staged there in 1959 and 1965 and the track hosted a round of the Tasman Series each year from 1964 to 1968. It was also the venue for the single race 1962 Australian Touring Car Championship, the Australian Tourist Trophy in 1960, 1964 & 1966 and a round of the Australian Drivers' Championship each year from 1958 to 1965. Its use as a motor racing venue was curtailed due to financial issues, following the running of the 1968 Tasman Series meeting.
Come and show us what you're made of and see how far up the RaceLog rankings you can climb this week!

Schedule
Both servers will be online all week for practicing. The servers are setup with an extended first practice session. Please only use this practice session when racing online for fun, do not vote it round unless being asked to do so.

Week 38 Start Date: Monday September 16, 2013
Week 38 End Date: Sunday September 22, 2013
Race days for official ranked sessions

· Monday, September 16,

· Tuesday September 17,

· Wednesday, September 18,

· Thursday September 19,

· Friday September 20,

· Saturday September 21,

· Sunday September 22,

Time schedule for official ranked sessions

· Qualification: 19:30 GMT

· Race 1 Starts: 19:45 GMT (20 mins)

· Race 1 Ends: 20:05 GMT and will be the starting time of the second race followed right after

- Race 2 Starts: 20:05 GMT (20 mins)

- Race 2 Ends 20:25 GMT

Event Details
Server:
RACEDEPARTMENT.COM #R
Car: Classic F3 EVE and Classic F3 Spark
Track: Longford
Mod: Here (Updated!)
Weather:
Dry
Road condition:Naturally progressing
Tyre wear :2x
Mechanical failure :Time scaled
Information
Server name: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM #R
Password:Click here for the server password
RaceLog: After each session your fastest laptime, result and rank are published inside the RaceLog system.Click here or quickly navigate to the RaceLog section of your choice via the navigation button on the site and forums.

Discuss, support, encourage and share!
This event thread will be the central thread for the GT Series discussions this week.
You can ask other drivers to practice or race with you by using the tag function of the forum. Please type an @ directly followed by the user name and this person will receive a notification or just leave a post that you will be participating in the first upcoming race, and of course we very much like to see your race reports:)
Our racing clubs are foremost meant to gain online experience so please help other drivers out when they have questions about the event, the car, the track, the setup or a combination. Remember that first post where somebody else helped you for the first time, helping is nice!
Have a great week and see you on track!

Last edited:
Ok super Job :)
time to get practising..looks like there are some nice long straights for slip streaming and some tricky corners to catch us out.. Great track though:)
Will be on the server tonight for a drive in any want to join me

Last edited:
This is one hard track... As Rupe said, long straights, and tricky corners :). Hard to keep the car in 1 piece when pushing...

Trying to make it at least to 1 race this week.

Another cracking car track combo, had a good run with Marco and Jason, was fun while it lasted,
once you get to know the corners that are coming up and were to brake the track is real good fun, slip steaming down the straights. for me these are the best cars in Rfactor...
love every minute on track... come on guys dont miss out on this great combo

I don`t understand this situation, I really don`t. One of the best racing simulator, fun and easy car to drive, great track(s) ... and last couple weeks maybe two or three racers on server at the evening. I mean, what`s going on with racing community :(?

Speaking for myself... I am really busy these days and racing is the last thing I have time for at the moment.
I hope to have more time in a couple of weeks and I will @tag people to come to join the server, maybe on days where we used to race on. :)

The link to the track does not work. I receive a page stating
Error 404 | Nothing found!
Sorry, but you are looking for something that is not here.

One of these links maybe: (sorry quick and dirty) :
DOWNLOAD LINK (~255mb):
http://www.gamefront.com/files/23626...13-08-19].7z Includes readme in folder.

rfcmp mirrors (readme is in Longford_MAIN.mas):
https://mega.co.nz/#!xs50mC4C!W7prLV...i8oy4MQYJNgOcE (Thanks to PRC Steve)
rsrf.de/rf2_downloads/rf2_tracks/Longford1967.rfcmp (Thanks to Andy_rsrf)
http://www.drivingitalia.net/forum/i...&showfile=5568 (Thanks to Uff)

I see that last night an updated one was released. That one we don't have yet on the server.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back