rF2 Week 35: Nissan GTR @ Mores

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
grab_621-jpg.41025
Welcome to week 35! This week we will be taking on the new Italian circuit, Mores in the Nissan GTR!

Designed and produced specifically to compete in the FIA GT1 World Championship, the GT-R NISMO GT1 is based on the road-going version of the legendary Nissan GT-R and was the only car to have ever been constructed implicitly to the GT1 technical regulations. The GT-R NISMO GT1 is powered by a NISMO race-prepped VK56DE, a naturally aspirated V8 engine that displaces 5,552 cc. It measures 80.3 inches in width, 186.2 inches in length, and has a wheelbase of 109.4 inches.
Autodromo di Mores is a permanent motor racing and motorbike race track on the Italian island of Sardinia. Building first started on the circuit on 15 July 2000 and was completed on 15 March 2003. The circuit hosts the Prove Libere Motociclistiche, Sardegna VaCanze, BMW Academy, Gully Racing and Sardegna Motori.
Schedule
Both servers will be online all week for practicing. The servers are setup with an extended first practice session. Please only use this practice session when racing online for fun, do not vote it round unless being asked to do so.

Week 35 Start Date: Monday August 26, 2013
Week 35 End Date: Sunday August 27, 2013
Race days for official ranked sessions
  • Monday, August 26,
  • Tuesday August 27,
  • Wednesday, August 28,
  • Thursday August 29,
  • Friday August 30,
  • Saturday August 31,
  • Sunday September 1,
Time schedule for official ranked sessions
  • Qualification: 19:30 GMT
  • Race Starts: 19:45 GMT
  • Race Ends: 20:15 GMT
Event Details
Server:
RACEDEPARTMENT.COM #R
Car: Nissan GTR (ISI)
Track:
Mores
Mod: Here
Weather:
Dry
Road condition: Naturally progressing
Tyre wear : 2x
Mechanical failure : Time scaled
Server will be online for the first time tonight (monday 12th) around dinner time.
Information

Server name: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM #R
Password: Click here for the server password
RaceLog: After each session your fastest laptime, result and rank are published inside the RaceLog system. Click here or quickly navigate to the RaceLog section of your choice via the navigation button on the site and forums
Discuss, support, encourage and share!
This event thread will be the central thread for the GT Series discussions this week.
You can ask other drivers to practice or race with you by using the tag function of the forum. Please type an @ directly followed by the user name and this person will receive a notification or just leave a post that you will be participating in the first upcoming race, and of course we very much like to see your race reports :)
Our racing clubs are foremost meant to gain online experience so please help other drivers out when they have questions about the event, the car, the track, the setup or a combination. Remember that first post where somebody else helped you for the first time, helping is nice!
Have a great week and see you on track!

Last edited by a moderator:
Did a few laps last night and I need to say great litlle track and with the GTR you really need to control that right foot. Haven't found a setup yet that let's me throw the car around the tight corners, but looking at the laptime earlier done by our :alien: drivers, it wasn't half bad. :D

Hopefully can race tonight for a podium. ;)

Experienced a funny bug in rFactor2 today. Stefan was some laps behind due to damage. I let him unlap himself and was a couple of seconds behind him. Then rFactor decided I am 1 Lap behind. Stefans HUD still said I am leading. In the end he won. Really stange :D

Yes, it very strange indeed.
The race started trouble some as my sli-pro display connection started to go on and off which causes the game to have huge lag during the "detected new usb hardware" period. It be came undriveable and even bumped into Freddy. Sorry m8! I had to unplug the device (which is the major button and display engine to my G27 wheel). Now a couple of functions were gone, like the pit menu/request/limiter, lights, horn :D, and brake balance settings.
As I had slammed into the barrier due to lag I had to get some repairs... 180 seconds..... I forgot the limiter wasn't there anymore.... stop and go..... when driving into the pit scratched my car... 260 seconds repair. :mad:
Freddy was 5 laps in front and waited for me to unlap. When we were in the same lap again we battled shortly as he passed me in the first corner and now he was leading and driving away. Finish 2nd... I thought...?????
Yes, sure put some gremlins around as when I escaped after race finish... I had moved up to 1st???? Strange!

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back