1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Week 34: Taruma

Discussion in 'Automobilista Racing Club & Leagues' started by Scott Webber, Aug 19, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. [​IMG]

Viamão is a city in Rio Grande do Sul, Brazil. In size it is the largest municipality in the metropolitan region of Porto Alegre and the seventh most populous in the state and it's homed to one of the greatest small circuits in Brazil , we know it as Taruma.

Autódromo Internacional de Tarumã is a motorsports circuit located in Viamão, Brazil. It has hosted events in the Formula Renault series.

This week the Venue is Host to the BIG Almighty beasts, Formula Truck is a Brazilian based racing series featuring some the biggest truck brands in the world such as: Scania, Volkswagen, Mercedes-Benz, Volvo, Ford and Iveco. The trucks are racing purpose build vehicles with roughly 1000 to 1200 bhp, a special racing chassis and lower overall weight.

The Formula Truck server will be online all week for practicing. The server is setup with an extended first practice session. Please only use this practice session when racing online for fun, do not vote it round unless being asked to do so.

Week 34 Start Date: Monday August 19, 2013
    Week 34 End Date: Sunday August 25, 2013

Race days for official ranked sessions
    Monday to Sunday, this event runs for the whole 7 days!
    Time schedule for official ranked sessions
    • Qualification: 19:00 GMT
    • Race Starts: 19:30 GMT
    • Race Ends: 20:00 GMT
    Server name: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM #R
    Password: Click here for the server password
    RaceLog: After each session your fastest laptime, result and rank are published inside the RaceLog system. Click here or quickly navigate to the RaceLog section of your choice via the navigation button on the site and forums

Discuss, support, encourage and share!
    This event thread will be the central thread for the Truck Series discussions this week.

You can ask other drivers to practice or race with you by using the tag function of the forum. Please type an @ directly followed by the user name and this person will receive a notification or just leave a post that you will be participating in the first upcoming race, and of course we very much like to see your race reports :)

Our racing clubs are foremost meant to gain online experience so please help other drivers out when they have questions about the event, the car, the track, the setup or a combination. Remember that first post where somebody else helped you for the first time, helping is nice, and teamspeak is a easy & forward way to do so!

Have a great week and see you on track!
  2. Rupe Wilson

Rupe Wilson
    Keep Yoga real Premium Member

I am up and moving again....I will be there on Friday night..:)
    Tuesday and Thursday night is GTL that should do me this week... Taking it easy...:(

might get on the server for a few laps mid week but nothing more..:unsure:
    • Like Like x 2
  3. Ill give this a try. :)
  4. How can i join? I woud like to race.
  5. I will give a try tonight.

- Just choose in the game "online" mod
    - you will see all the servers available listed, choose "RACEDEPARTMENT.COM #R" with the track Taruma
    - Then you have to enter the password (it is mentionned on this page above, under "information")
    - You are ready to drive.
  6. But then it says error.
  7. When exactly?
  8. Rupe Wilson

Rupe Wilson

first you need to apply for a licence found HERE to race on the RD severs
    then you will have access to the password,
    please don't forget to read the rules for the licence also:)
  9. Sam Smith

Sam Smith
    Premium Member

Anyone up for a few laps now? This track is brilliant!
    Although I said that about the last one... and the one before that...
    Ill be at the race at 19:00gmt too :)
  10. Calum McLure

Calum McLure
    Did ye, aye? Premium Member

Really need to save that right front tyre here, it won't last the race if you don't :O_o:

The left front at Cordoba was pretty bad but the highest temperature I seen it get to was about 110, the right front at Taruma can get up to 140.
    Last edited: Aug 21, 2013
  11. Tnx it worked
  12. Sam Smith

Sam Smith
    Premium Member

Yeah the few laps Ive done there I cant wait to see how a race will turn out for the front right.
    Is there still daily races at 19:00?
    Or has it been changed to just a few days a week?
  13. Rupe Wilson

Rupe Wilson

Hi Sam, the option is there to race every day, if there are drivers who wan to,
    you need to post early when you want to race to let guys know your going to be there, hopefully this will get a group who want to race,

im pretty tied up this week and can race on Friday night, there is usually a group then who find there way onto the server that night :)
  14. Sam Smith

Sam Smith
    Premium Member

Ok no worries Rupe :)
    I will be there again for the next race at 19:00 if anyone is up for it!
  15. Calum McLure

Calum McLure
    Did ye, aye? Premium Member

16. Rupe Wilson

Rupe Wilson

Honk HONK Mother trucker, You bet your rubber duck im there.
    Can you tell im excited already about it..:redface:
    • Like Like x 2
  17. Sorry guys, not around tonight, will be back soon (hopefully)
    • Like Like x 2
  18. Quas

Staff Premium Member

I got almost 600km to drive now, if i should make it home on time though, i'll most definitely be there! Hope to see you guys later.
    • Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.