1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Week 33: Santa Cruz do Sul

Discussion in 'Automobilista Racing Club & Leagues' started by Bram, Aug 12, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bram

Roaring Pipes Maniacs | #27 Staff Premium Member

The Formula 3 Series are the main driver development series for open wheel enthusiasts. The car has 225 HP and weighs only 550kg, is capable to reach a topspeed of 250 km/h. The Formula 3 is ideal for close single seater racing, four days a week!

The Formula 3 server will be online all week for practicing. The server is setup with an extended first practice session of 165 minutes. Please only use this practice session when racing online for fun, do not vote it round to an official qualification or race sessions unless being asked to do so.

Week 32 Start Date: Monday August 12, 2013
    Week 32 End Date: Sunday August 18, 2013

Race days for official ranked sessions
    Note: There are no sessions on Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday as on those days the V8's have their official races. (see other thread)

• Monday August 12
    • Wednesday August 14
    • Friday August 16
    • Sunday August 18
    Time schedule for official ranked sessions
    • Qualification: 19:00 GMT
    • Race Starts: 19:30 GMT
    • Race Ends: 20:00 GMT
    Server name: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM #R
    Password: Click here for the server password
    RaceLog: After each session your fastest laptime, result and rank are published inside the RaceLog system. Click here or quickly navigate to the RaceLog section of your choice via the navigation button on the site and forums

Discuss, support, encourage and share!

This event thread will be the central thread for Formula 3 discussions this week.

You can ask other drivers to practice or race with you by using the tag function of the forum. Please an @ directly followed by the user name and this person will receive a notification or just leave a post that you will be participating in the first upcoming race, and we very much like to see your race reports :)

Our racing clubs are foremost meant to gain online experience so please help other drivers out when they have questions about the event, the car, the track, the setup or a combination. Remember that first post where somebody else helped you for the first time, helping is nice!

Have a great week and see you on track!
  2. Calum McLure

Calum McLure
    Did ye, aye? Premium Member

Think I'll do I few laps of this on FTruck first, I've found that tracks are easier to learn when you tower over them :)
  3. Bram

Lol thats true. After a truck the F3 feels like a little toy car with massive downforce :)
  4. A lap around the Santa Cruz do Sul circuit:
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Probably gonna do this one and the Stock Car race, the track is new to me though. :D
  6. Bram

@Lars Brugman are you racing with his FOV as well? Try setting it to 50 or something then its less stretched :)
  7. No I do not, race with 55, but in replays I use default settings :)
  8. Bram

Ah :) I am on 50 for the F3's, and default for the V8's
  9. Robert Wiesenmüller

Robert Wiesenmüller
    The one and only Premium Member

Finish line photo of the race yesterday. I'm in the car with green, unfortunately. Can't beat Mr. Lars.
    • Like Like x 5
  10. Bram

Nice photo(finish) :)

Ill be on board again this wednesday hopefully. Need to race!
  11. Samuel Fuller

Samuel Fuller
    Premium Member

@Bram Hengeveld any chance that these events could turn into a two race format with the ability to join in between the two races. maybe a 10min qually.
  12. Bram

I doubt it as the races would be ultra short then with too much unneed qualifications and such.

We try to keep it around 30 minutes which makes it a bit longer than a sprint race but shorter than a semi endurance.

Good racing again tonight, thanks guys.
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Marian Zelenka

Marian Zelenka
    The downforce is strong with this one. Premium Member

I almost set my personal best in qualification, but you Bram had an accident in front of me. ;) Shame. I don't know which tires do you use for better grip. :D I was searching for grip for the whole race. Strangely, I found more than half a second today just be tweaking realfeel plugin. I was clearly overpushing it and loosing gip. I don't feel it well through my wheel. Could we race for real next time? :roflmao:

I've just watched replay and that incident with you @Dave Begley was clearly my fault. You were slower in that last section and I had better initial acceleration from the penultimate corner, but we weren't even side by side in the apex. I didn't see you on my 5:4 monitor and risked too much. Sorry. Hopefully, I will buy 21:9 monitor in the future.

But the next tap, you made an error under braking and it looked OK to pass you as there was room until I almost got you.
    • Like Like x 1
  14. Bram

Its not a matter of grip. Actually on this track I let the car slide a lot with an ultra stiff and twitchy setup. Pure right foot balancing tonight ;)
  15. Marian Zelenka

Marian Zelenka

I wish the driving was more real in terms of speed. Every F3 video I saw was a few seconds slower than our lap times, but still pretty on the limit. Looks like around 1:15 is their maximum. Those cars don't seem to slide much and they are not as fast in slow corners as we are. If only my onboard looked as good as theirs... Hope that next sims will solve that. I can watch those onboards over and over...
  16. Bram

Lets assume the game the reality are fully synced with this game. Even thenl simracers will be faster than the real drivers in terms of laptimes:
    • No physical condition needed for us. Light, heavy, over-weighted doesn't matter.
    • Fear. Real drivers put their lifes at stake, we don't.
    • Real drivers pay for the damage to their cars, we don't
    • Real drivers don't always are the most talented drivers, as long as they pay for their drive.
    • Real cars wear out during a season and still they use it for another year. Our car is perfect the moment we return to the pitlane or hit escape
    • Weather.
    Basically simracers are always driving under perfect conditions with a perfect cars and perfect condition and we fear nothing :)
  17. Marian Zelenka

Marian Zelenka

Sometimes it's not a matter of fear. When you see a driver constantly making corrections then you can bet he is not slow. :) I understand we miss lot of factors, but I still hope next sims will push the envelope.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.