rF2 Week 33: Nissan GTR Sebring

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
grab_621-jpg.41025
Welcome to week 33! This week we will be taking on the famous North American circuit, Sebring in the Nissan GTR!

Designed and produced specifically to compete in the FIA GT1 World Championship, the GT-R NISMO GT1 is based on the road-going version of the legendary Nissan GT-R and was the only car to have ever been constructed implicitly to the GT1 technical regulations. The GT-R NISMO GT1 is powered by a NISMO race-prepped VK56DE, a naturally aspirated V8 engine that displaces 5,552 cc. It measures 80.3 inches in width, 186.2 inches in length, and has a wheelbase of 109.4 inches.

Sebring International Raceway is a road course auto racing facility located near Sebring, Florida.
Sebring (pronounced "sea bring") Raceway is one of the oldest continuously-operating race tracks in the United States, its first race being run in 1950. Sebring is one of the classic race tracks in North American sports car racing, and plays host to the 12 Hours of Sebring, one of the legs of the unofficial triple crown of endurance racing.The raceway occupies a portion of Sebring Regional Airport, an active airport for private and commercial traffic that was originally built as Hendricks Army Airfield, a World War II training base for the U.S. Army Air Forces.

Schedule
Both servers will be online all week for practicing. The servers are setup with an extended first practice session. Please only use this practice session when racing online for fun, do not vote it round unless being asked to do so.

Week 33 Start Date: Monday August 12, 2013
Week 33 End Date: Sunday August 18, 2013

Race days for official ranked sessions
  • Monday, August 12,
  • Tuesday August 13,
  • Wednesday, August 14,
  • Thursday August 15,
  • Friday August 16,
  • Saturday August 17,
  • Sunday August 18,
Time schedule for official ranked sessions
  • Qualification: 19:30 GMT
  • Race Starts: 19:45 GMT
  • Race Ends: 20:15 GMT
Event Details
Server:
RACEDEPARTMENT.COM #R
Car: Nissan GTR (ISI)
Track: Sebring International Raceway
Mod: Here
Weather:
Dry
Road condition: Naturally progressing
Tyre wear : 2x
Mechanical failure : Time scaled

Server will be online for the first time tonight (monday 12th) around dinner time.

Information
Server name: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM #R
Password: Click here for the server password
RaceLog: After each session your fastest laptime, result and rank are published inside the RaceLog system. Click here or quickly navigate to the RaceLog section of your choice via the navigation button on the site and forums

Discuss, support, encourage and share!
This event thread will be the central thread for the GT Series discussions this week.

You can ask other drivers to practice or race with you by using the tag function of the forum. Please type an @ directly followed by the user name and this person will receive a notification or just leave a post that you will be participating in the first upcoming race, and of course we very much like to see your race reports :)

Our racing clubs are foremost meant to gain online experience so please help other drivers out when they have questions about the event, the car, the track, the setup or a combination. Remember that first post where somebody else helped you for the first time, helping is nice!

Have a great week and see you on track!

Last edited:
Drove a couple of laps yesterday. It was good to be back in a drivable car. :D I noticed that I was quicker in this new build of the GTR than the old one. Still need to do setup work on it.
Now I was almost 3 seconds off the pace from the aliens. :D Will try to do some races too this week as a long holiday made me a bit out of shape. :p
Will get finally a ranking too? :D

Did you guys get ranking points from yesterday. My points haven't updated yet and I think they won't. rFactor has this wierd glitch with äöå -letters and its messing up the racelog.
Edit: And the RaceLog won't show yesterdays results under rfactor 2 tab.

Brilliant track!

Had a quick dabble of a race which went wobbly when the daughter came in to give me a good night kiss and being four years old didn't get the concept that Daddy was in the braking zone for the first straight right hander............how could I be angry lol, a quick trip to the grass phew got away with that one!

Then 10 minutes in the rubber block on the TS500 pedals decided to snap in two which only gave me about 30% travel on the brake pedal, so pitted to remove offending rubbish (lol).

However, was fun and enjoyable!

Did you guys get ranking points from yesterday. My points haven't updated yet and I think they won't. rFactor has this wierd glitch with äöå -letters and its messing up the racelog.
Edit: And the RaceLog won't show yesterdays results under rfactor 2 tab.

I asked Stefan Mizzi, I did see the results file in the RaceLog, but not categorized to the game. When Stefan answers I will post it here.

Don't know Aleksi how that works on the software side:confused:, but if you find a way to keep your name setting stable, shouldn't that resolve the problem over time when you do more races?
We won't be merging the names in the future, the player needs to make sure that the name keeps the same in the Rf2 game, if you want to have only one name in the ranking.
The few races you will lose now which you have driven under, and now using the other name won't be that much of a loss if you consider how many races you will do over a year.
If I mis understood and you changed your name back to Kivel? and the program still registers it as Kivela, than I don't know how that can be solved.

Kivel? is the original name. I drove one race last week with the other. Rfactor tells your program that my name is Kivel? and thats why it created another entry on the leaderboards.
So just delete Kivela from the list if you don't want to merge the two names.
The name will stay the same unless a patch for rfactor changes it. In that case it would affect other drivers too...

Sorry for this hassle. :)

Was fun to be behind the wheel again. :)

Qualy was hell as I had to relearn the GTR after the last build and I only practised with 100L and not with an empty tank.

I felt the car felt terrible without the fuel weight and I was only able to put in 1 timed lap which had a spin in it...2:12 something.

Race start was good but in the second corner was caught up in smoke and missed my break point by a meter and than was tabbed on the rear and went of in the barrier. Was last and had to go in for repairs. I just rejoined the track with a couple of seconds being lapped by Matt, but could keep that gap up gor quiet a few laps till I made a spin and waited for the top 2 and later top 4 to pass by. My pace was not that bad as I was gaining on the guys in position 5 and 6, but the gap was way too big to be any challenge. Lonely race actually. :p

I will need to work on a bit better tuned setup to get that last 1~2 seconds out of the car.

I don't understand. When is the race ?

We re already practicing for a (real 12H) Sebring race. I hope it won't be at the same time ^^

with the 370z I just made 2.06.1 if it could be a reference for your own lap.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 299 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 208 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 201 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 150 7.7%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 265 13.6%