rF2 Week 32: Mid-Ohio

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
If you were the guy behind me Frederic then sorry man, my start was appalling......
But for me the evening was nice fun overall and this was a great way for me to get to check out this new ISI offering, initial impressions were dodgy tbh, but I found the technique to get some speed out it, enjoyed trying to hang on with Tamas, but I felt he was toying with me just to have some company for a while eh?... ;), then I got my first "tyre surprise" of the race with a spin out of the final turn, somehow recovered to 3rd after others had "tyre surprise" moments too.

Grats Tamas and Jan and well done all there tonight & thank you RD
lol : tyre surprise.i don't know what the hell happened. i was monitoring the tyres constantly and going easier on brakes, earlier braking zones, greater use of engine braking etc...it felt a little scripted but maybe just my imagination

wtf the car in front of me had a massively slow start and i had to go to the middle. On the right hand side as well so two cars went into the middle and I already had good speed => Contact, I was on the outside and the car I had contact with didn't give me any room => second contact into the wall. To be clear I don't blame anyone was a racing incident, thats live. But I just had to let it out :D
Restart would have been friendly, but I was the only one out. First race with rating and I messed up immediately :D

That was me at the start. The car in front of me had a slow start and I had to go to the middle too. I haven`t see you sorry.

If you were the guy behind me Frederic then sorry man, my start was appalling......
But for me the evening was nice fun overall and this was a great way for me to get to check out this new ISI offering, initial impressions were dodgy tbh, but I found the technique to get some speed out it, enjoyed trying to hang on with Tamas, but I felt he was toying with me just to have some company for a while eh?... ;), then I got my first "tyre surprise" of the race with a spin out of the final turn, somehow recovered to 3rd after others had "tyre surprise" moments too.

Grats Tamas and Jan and well done all there tonight & thank you RD

I wasn t toying Gary, just didn t want to kill the tires early, still u forced me to go faster then i would like :) When u spun i slowed back to 1:24s, and as i had no pressure later managed to finfish the race comfortably without red fronts .
Good race, too bad for that start incident, looks like it was a very clean race for all!

lol : tyre surprise.i don't know what the hell happened. i was monitoring the tyres constantly and going easier on brakes, earlier braking zones, greater use of engine braking etc...it felt a little scripted but maybe just my imagination
I don t think the key with this car is the breaking, hardly locking the tires, its the cornering where u can save them.

yes but you know that if you brake later into the corner, you are carrying more speed...which results in more tyre scrub.
I don t think the key with this car is the breaking, hardly locking the tires, its the cornering where u can save them.

my point is that it seems there is a bug where the cars back end steps out...not about tyre wear. i will show you. perhaps there is an explanation. i will upload a video here when its ready :thumbsup:

Hey, guys, is there a beautiful soul out there willing to share a nice set for this car for an old noob? :D I'm too slow, don't worry!

hotlaps.JPG

if i'd seen the tyres pop like at silverstone, it would have been worth it...just a random drift :-( lol

video should be up in 20 minutes

The first one look just like way too much curb and the second I thought is just old tyres and rear locking. I always shift my brake bias a bit to the front to avoid that, but then I realised you downshifted way to fast. Your engine hit way over 6700RPM and the rev limiter maxed out in setup is 6700. Such engine overreving can easily cause a big braking momentum at the rear. Especially with worn tyres, that can send you round. It was the shift from 4th to 3rd, so the weight has already shifted to the front and then you have a sudden braking momentum at the rear, so you spun out

I made a screenshot were you can cleary see, that you overreved the engine on the downshift.
downshift.jpg

My second name is Sherlock Holmes ;)
/edit: Exactly at the moment where you go down from 4th (replay shows N) but at that moment the downshift is in progress you will see the g-meter going to the left. So I am pretty sure, that your downshifts were just way to fast.

The first one look just like way too much curb and the second I thought is just old tyres and rear locking. I always shift my brake bias a bit to the front to avoid that, but then I realised you downshifted way to fast. Your engine hit way over 6700RPM and the rev limiter maxed out in setup is 6700. Such engine overreving can easily cause a big braking momentum at the rear. Especially with worn tyres, that can send you round. It was the shift from 4th to 3rd, so the weight has already shifted to the front and then you have a sudden braking momentum at the rear, so you spun out

I made a screenshot were you can cleary see, that you overreved the engine on the downshift.
downshift.jpg

My second name is Sherlock Holmes ;)
/edit: Exactly at the moment where you go down from 4th (replay shows N) but at that moment the downshift is in progress you will see the g-meter going to the left. So I am pretty sure, that your downshifts were just way to fast.

the first wasn't me, it was bruno...i was just showing him sinking into the "river" of road lol

i think with the downshifts which are too quick, it may be my misunderstanding.
i have seen hamilton quick shifting and this for example:
you're going to tell me that it's ok to shift quickly in open wheelers because they have more efficient braking right? :unsure: if so, its probably too much time i spent racing open wheelers.:(

Hey, guys, is there a beautiful soul out there willing to share a nice set for this car for an old noob? :D I'm too slow, don't worry!

did you get a set up @Stefan Mizzi
After you made the Racelog for us all to use you can have anything you want mate
im not saying mine is any good but you are welcome to it..:)

Come on guys cough up those setups and help the man behind Racelog out.:O_o:

Attachments

• Camero.svm
    3.6 KB · Views: 237
Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back