rF2 Week 32: Mid-Ohio

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
Who will want to drive at mid Ohio now that The Nords has been released.Not me lol.Can we change the track mid week?The Camaro is amazing on the Nordschleife.The track has been converted from Com8's original work version 2.2a by Pleclair.Far as i know it is a legal conversion since Com8 gave permission to upgrade or convert when released.:)

Last edited:
well, massive thank you to jari and tamas for setups.also, thank you all for racing and enjoyed little battle with tiens.shame about our collision. i think i won the pits stop endurance race...i had 604 second pits stop..reckon yours must have only been about 450 lol

i tried to save tyres but would have struggled to make the end of the race on them.
i wonder how many laps you guys do on red tyres?

anyway, i was frustrated all day trying to find pace and i was actually getting slower - my quali time tonight was 6 tenths off my effort last night and nearly 2 seconds slower than an offline effort i had earlier. really puzzling as was the fact tiens was literally killing me on the straight - out of slipstream.

only at the end did i realise that i had 80 per cent throttle - my fanatec csr pcb filter (to correct pedal issue) must have been unplugged. any other track i would have noticed straight away but this one only allows you full throttle on about 2 straights.

i will definately be racing tomorrow. my ranking has been killed after this lol

cheers again

Nice race today, thanks guys :)

q: Had one nice lap putting me on pole

r: Horrible start :( A nice combination of: Coudn't see the starting lights out of my car because they were too high + plugin with starting lights wasn't working + the go-sound is delayed = fail start^^

Was still in p2 though behind Tamas, in between 2 seconds to him for the entire race :D
I was hoping for some kind of advantage over time with tyres maybe, as I never was really faster and never got more momentum out of turn 3 which was really the only spot to maybe pass.

Only got a small advantage over the last 3 laps or so, but wasn't enough to get him, but it was very close on the last lap ;)
Great drive from Tamas and the best fun I had so far with rF2 driving a car that has a roof :thumbsup:

Thank god this car is not exactly like the Corvette, which was my nightmare before actually trying it.

I'll try to make another one on the next 2 days, see you next time.

Good race, wasn t easy to save the tires and keep the pace too infront of Dino. He saved them a little better, last lap was very close :)
Thx all for the race!

Andrew: 5-6 laps with red front tires, if i remember well.

wtf the car in front of me had a massively slow start and i had to go to the middle. On the right hand side as well so two cars went into the middle and I already had good speed => Contact, I was on the outside and the car I had contact with didn't give me any room => second contact into the wall. To be clear I don't blame anyone was a racing incident, thats live. But I just had to let it out :D
Restart would have been friendly, but I was the only one out. First race with rating and I messed up immediately :D

Last edited:
really pleased with my race there. tyres saving was going great until about lap 11...but i forgot that the brakes on my race setup were different to quali- a couple of late drifts into turn 4 right hander didn't help tyres and last 6 laps were getting harder work - my left front had been red for some time.

after paul spun, i seemed to have the pace to keep him covered (when riding in 4th) ..I sensed his tyres were screwed too.

with a few laps left, i don't know what happened. maybe i downshifted before braking or something but my car went sideways and i did a sideways drift right the way back onto turn 4, narrowly missing the wall. fortunately paul avoided me but i lost the place.
marcel was now only 3 seconds back and closing. i had not tyres to fight paul and thought i was in for a battle with marcel. however, i think he made a mistake and had tyre issues himself at the end. managed to hold on for 5th place. not too bad. tamas was in a league of his own but to managed to compete with some aliens on here is pretty good. this ranking system makes consistency the key. i think people are generally less likely to pull silly moves.credit to everyone for keeping it so clean with such big cars on a small track.

unlucky frederic. i saw you and the other car decided to drive into each other at the start. you'll win next time ;-)

If you were the guy behind me Frederic then sorry man, my start was appalling......
But for me the evening was nice fun overall and this was a great way for me to get to check out this new ISI offering, initial impressions were dodgy tbh, but I found the technique to get some speed out it, enjoyed trying to hang on with Tamas, but I felt he was toying with me just to have some company for a while eh?... ;), then I got my first "tyre surprise" of the race with a spin out of the final turn, somehow recovered to 3rd after others had "tyre surprise" moments too.

Grats Tamas and Jan and well done all there tonight & thank you RD

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back