1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

Week 32: Cascavel

Discussion in 'Automobilista Racing Club & Leagues' started by Scott Webber, Aug 5, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. [​IMG]

Origin of the category came from the contact between the truck Aurélio Batista Félix Santos and Portuguese journalist Francisco Santos. On September 6, 1987 was the first race on the circuit Autodromo Internacional de Cascavel in Paraná. The proof display joined 35 riders and was named I Copa Brasil de Caminhões," and serve as a test to ascertain the safety of the novel type of race.
    Formula Truck is a Brazilian based racing series featuring some the biggest truck brands in the world such as: Scania, Volkswagen, Mercedes-Benz, Volvo, Ford and Iveco. The trucks are racing purpose build vehicles with roughly 1000 to 1200 bhp, a special racing chassis and lower overall weight.

Schedule

The Formula Truck server will be online all week for practicing. The server is setup with an extended first practice session. Please only use this practice session when racing online for fun, do not vote it round unless being asked to do so.

Week 32 Start Date: Monday August 5, 2013
    Week 32 End Date: Sunday August 11, 2013

Race days for official ranked sessions
    Official race days are as followed

Monday August 5th
    Wednesday August 7th
    Friday August 9th
    Sunday August 11th
    Time schedule for official ranked sessions

• Qualification: 19:00 GMT
    • Race Starts: 19:30 GMT
    • Race Ends: 20:00 GMT
    Information
    Server name: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM #R
    Password: Click here for the server password
    RaceLog: After each session your fastest laptime, result and rank are published inside the RaceLog system. Click here or quickly navigate to the RaceLog section of your choice via the navigation button on the site and forums

Discuss, support, encourage and share!
    This event thread will be the central thread for the V8 Series discussions this week.

You can ask other drivers to practice or race with you by using the tag function of the forum. Please type an @ directly followed by the user name and this person will receive a notification or just leave a post that you will be participating in the first upcoming race, and of course we very much like to see your race reports :)

Our racing clubs are foremost meant to gain online experience so please help other drivers out when they have questions about the event, the car, the track, the setup or a combination. Remember that first post where somebody else helped you for the first time, helping is nice!

Have a great week and see you on track!

• Like Like x 2
  2. Ian Franssen

Ian Franssen
    Premium Member

Want to join, but don't have the game yet:) First a new computer, after that I will buy Formula Truck and will join you guys!

• Like Like x 2
  3. Calum McLure

Calum McLure
    Did ye, aye? Premium Member

I'm already on the server :D

Edit: Didn't get notified of that tag btw :cautious:

• Like Like x 1
  4. Ian Franssen

Ian Franssen
    Premium Member

Since the last website update not every user get's tagged or get notifications, it differs per person. We are aware and looking into it:)

5. Bram

Bram
    Roaring Pipes Maniacs | #27 Staff Premium Member

They do get notified but only at the first session people join. Notifications get automatically pruned if you leave the site.

6. Would have joined tonights session but I can't due to RDRC.

I might join on Friday but we'll see, the other days it's not possible for me to race unfortunately due to league events.

7. Rupe Wilson

Rupe Wilson
    Keep Yoga real Premium Member

Yes i will be driving on Friday night. Im busy with my guys in GTL Tuesday to Thursday
    But i love my friday night fun...:thumbsup:
    So with a full week for you guys to practice on the track you may have to wait for me:p

• Like Like x 1
  8. Yves Larose

Yves Larose
    Premium Member

i should be able to make it Friday but will know for sure only on Friday.

• Like Like x 1
  9. should be a great race on friday then! count me in fellas :D

10. Yves Larose

Yves Larose
    Premium Member

only 3 for friday, we need more ;)

11. Calum McLure

Calum McLure

I'll be there :D would be racing every night if someone else was there :whistling:

• Like Like x 1
  12. Yves Larose

Yves Larose
    Premium Member

how old is your pc Ian ? mine is 6 years old and it run the game with no problem at full details.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Ian Franssen

Ian Franssen
    Premium Member

I have GSC also and that games also runs in max settings fine on my computer, so Reiza games run well on my laptop:thumbsup: But I primairly organize and race rfactor2, and for that it's just to slow:)
    With everything off and on low settings I can race with 20-30 framerates and if it's crowded my computer won't cope:( An endurance race is out of the question because of it with this computer, so buying a new computer is my first priority:)

Current spec:
    Model: Laptop
    CPU: Pentium Duale-Core CPU T4300@2.10GHz
    Memory:4,00GB
    Video: ATI Mobility Radeon HD4530

• Like Like x 1
  14. Calum McLure

Calum McLure

15. I won't know if I can make it until its time to race.

16. Eck Simpson

Eck Simpson
    Premium Member

Unfortunately (for me) not, sorry Calum (gents).

17. Quas

Quas
    Staff Premium Member

I hope we can get something going tonight, been waiting for a proper truck race all week.

Come on, gentlemen!

18. Calum McLure

Calum McLure

Yeah the lack of enthusiasm is starting to depress me :(

19. Quas

Quas
    Staff Premium Member

At least you can have proper races in GSC with your 1:05's ;) , i was practicing 2 days this week and the result is i'm still 1.2 seconds off pace in the V8's and there is no way in hell i will be ever able to keep up in an open wheeler with you aliens.

So for now it's trucks, i guess :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.