rF2 Wednesday September 2nd 2009 - Le Mans Series @ Elkhart Lake

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
Status
Not open for further replies.
That was an awful formation lap. Is it just so hard to keep the distance ? I was not hit myself but there were guys hitting each other both behind and in front of me. Just keep the distance and please do not make any brake tests or stuff like that.

I got disconnected just before second sector which was/is really frustrating. I believe my connection is just fine. We might try lowering entries and see If it helps with the connection.

That was an awful formation lap. Is it just so hard to keep the distance ? I was not hit myself but there were guys hitting each other both behind and in front of me. Just keep the distance and please do not make any brake tests or stuff like that.

I got disconnected just before second sector which was/is really frustrating. I believe my connection is just fine. We might try lowering entries and see If it helps with the connection.

Seriously, it happened not only once, but twice! How hard is it to keep the pace in a strait line?

Race wasnt too much better. It was laggy or something, but the server wasnt running smoothly. I was running 1-6 with the Corvette, and it seemed like every GT1 car would walk me on the straits. Had a good 3-way Corvette battle with Ryan Callan and James Johnson, but eventually got wide and lost them, giving me an Aston behind me. Went wide soon after, and flashed the lights to let the Aston around, but then I got hit and taken out. Got going again after the Aston so he wouldnt be behind me, but about a lap later, he spins and rejoins the track in front of me, and I guessed stalled it because he wasnt going anywhere fast, and I hit him. That was it for me.

This is my first rfactor race, driving with a P2.
I try to drive safe and wanna complete the race, unfortunately, only 12 laps can be finished, because of connection lost, made me very frustrating.

Position before connection lost was 8th, (not very bad for a beginner?), Hope to see u guys next race.

Had some problems getting kicked from server in practice but in the race it was ok.

The race itself was pretty uneventfull for me except when I had a spin at the second to last turn and as I came back on the track Mtommi hit me, sorry mate I couldnt help where the car went.

Had some problems getting kicked from server in practice but in the race it was ok.

The race itself was pretty uneventfull for me except when I had a spin at the second to last turn and as I came back on the track Mtommi hit me, sorry mate I couldnt help where the car went.

No problem,you don't want,together to next race, :)

Very good race guys.

Warm up lap went good for me at the front of the grid. Also the second time. :wink2:

To bad i changed me settings just before the race. Was losing some straight line speed. :sad:. Won't do that again any soon.

Had a little battle with Mtommi but he was pulling away on the straights.
After that i had a very nice battle with Ben Ling. Awesome to battle him through the backmarkers. I had a big smile on my face. But suddenly i saw in the bottom left corner that Ben left the game. I was thinking by myself "thats weird he is just in front of me" but when i looked up i saw his car disappear. To bad. :sad:

Was planning a pitstsop at 35 min for a splash and dash. So i enter the pits. Checked everything (also any damage) but when i made my pitstop the game decided to fix "rear dif" i didn't see that one before and i also couldn't cancel it in the pit menu. That screwed up my pits strategy. :sad:. After that normal laps. But 3 laps before the end i saw Lee Ward exiting the pits in front of me and he was P5. Had a little battle to couldn't get close to challenge him. So ended 6th.

Lapping the "slower" cars went outstanding. One of the best lapping in the last couple of races. Great job and i hope i did the same. :)

Thanks for racing guys and see ya next time.

Edit: Had no lag in the race. Only one Euskadi was lagging for me. But that stopped after on lap. To bad we had the "Donington" problem again. With the change of sessions.

• Silviu Conduruta

Seriously, it happened not only once, but twice! How hard is it to keep the pace in a strait line?

Race wasnt too much better. It was laggy or something, but the server wasnt running smoothly. I was running 1-6 with the Corvette, and it seemed like every GT1 car would walk me on the straits. Had a good 3-way Corvette battle with Ryan Callan and James Johnson, but eventually got wide and lost them, giving me an Aston behind me. Went wide soon after, and flashed the lights to let the Aston around, but then I got hit and taken out. Got going again after the Aston so he wouldnt be behind me, but about a lap later, he spins and rejoins the track in front of me, and I guessed stalled it because he wasnt going anywhere fast, and I hit him. That was it for me.

sorry about that .. I wasn't expecting to be let to pass cause the speed difference wasn't that great but enough for me to go to the inside till the braking point..

I had 1 questions,
Have some connect is problem?
Because my friend Ben Ling & Marco Ho,connect lost,
And me on practice to qualify,and qualify to warm up,had connect lost problem,can help me this?
or is server problem?
Pls help my ans :)

• Silviu Conduruta

no problems for me ..
pings in the 1x0ms max

For me as “rookie” the main goal was to finish, finishing in 8ª place was great!

At the first part of the race, someone hit me in the back, I made a spin, but he was a gentlemen and wait for me to pass him again, so he could the next lap hit me again in the back, big lol!

After that was a lonely race, trying not to do mistakes and trusting that I had a good strategy and apart one or two more spins, that was achieved.

When the night came, losing the references of the break points and already a bit tired was difficult to keep the pace, but the atmosphere was great, for me, that a month a go was watching in the Algarve the Le Mans series night race, it feel’s like driving the real ones.

Good qualy, bad race. I made far too many small mistakes, initially because of cold tyres and then because I overdrove to make up for them. I'll take a class 2nd and 4th overall as a very fortunate result considering my mistakes.

One bright moment was a good little fight with Ivo when I was trying to make up for earlier errors. Although after another mistake I damage my car trying to overtake him later on before the fast right kink and screwed my line into the corner, I know I didn't hit you Ivo but sorry for my impetuousness all the same. Managed to remodel my sidepods with that but nothing major.

Lapping traffic was great for the most part, had a couple of cars slow down in the wrong place to let me by but no real drama. Later on a 911 tried to be helpful at the wrong moment and he ended up going off, sorry about that, whoever it was, it would have been better for you to stay on your line like I thought you would.

Congratulations for the win Matt, well driven fella. Same to all the other class winners and everyone who saw it through to the end.

One problem I found, not sure if Amir (P2) had the same problem but I couldn't see the start lights, they were out of sight from within cockpit. I quickly switched to chase view but still couldn't see them. That may have caused some of the problems with the initial formation lap. Second time around I asked Brad in P3 to tell me when they went green and that seemed a better parade lap.

Mtommi, I had real problems when I came up on your car. It was flitting all over the place, on the grass then the road then grass again and in the final turn it seemed to stop a few times.

yeah richard I couldn't see them either they were too close so I changed views also.
you guys could just watch your lap timer in the cockpit. Once it starts ticking the lights are green and you can go. makes things a little easier then having to jump back and forth between views.

was a mostly uneventful race for me. I guess Amir and Richard we're running with soft or medium tyres in practice as the entire field seemed to back up to my pace for the race. I seemed to have the pace to catch and/or pass each of them early on but they both had a couple moments and I never got the chance to really play, maybe next time. after that I was just messing with fuel mixs and saving tyres and it seemed to work. I didn't have to pit but with such a big lead I figured I might as well and not risk it.

lap traffic for the most part was great and left plenty of room. had a couple of close calls with people jumping offline to get out of the way but had actually jumped right to where I was. no harm no foul though :) grats to the other winners and I'll catch you guys next time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back