1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wednesday August 12th - Race Night - Camaro Cup @ Potrero De Los Funes

Discussion in 'RACE 07 Racing Club & Leagues' started by Yves Larose, Aug 10, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yves Larose

Yves Larose
    Premium Member

Class: Camaro Cup

Start time: 00:00 GMT - 8:00pm EST - 5:00pm PST

Weather: Dry
    Practice: 30 minutes
    Qualification: 30 minutes
    Race: 2 x 5 laps
    Notes: Click here to read the password and golden rules!

If you witness or a victim of an incident there is a new and easy way to report it, just click ---> Click here to report an incident
  2. Yves Larose

Yves Larose
    Premium Member

1. Yves Larose -SKIN-
    2. Pierre Higgins
    3. Timothy Miller -SKIN-
    4. Corey Theman
    5. John Sydenstricker
    6. Yuri Braham
    7. Douglas Simoneli
    8. Driver
    9. Driver
    10. Driver
    11. Driver
    12. Driver
    13. Driver
    14. Driver
    15. Driver
    16. Driver
    17. Driver
    18. Driver
    19. Driver
    20. Driver
    21. Driver
    22. Driver
    23. Driver
    24. Driver
    25. Chris Buchanan ( maybe )
    CIZC skinpack V 2.0 ( normal res )
  3. Why not try these 4 speed cars, let's do it. I'm in.
  4. Yves, I'm in for this Wednesday...

Workin' on a skin too...
  5. I need to be put on a maybe for this. I again find myself with time to race and I hope to be able to get some practice in tonight and tomorrow so that I can properly drive in this race.
  6. Yves Larose

Yves Larose
    Premium Member

server is up and running guy's :bye:
  7. Yves I'll have a stab at these!
  8. I'm ready to try again. I got to learn how to control these things before the league starts!
  9. Yves Larose

Yves Larose
    Premium Member

i'm going on the server for some lapping nyone care to join me ?
  10. Put me in Yves. Got some time tomorrow.
  11. Looks like I will be able to make it this week, sign me up!

Good to see Tim and Chris back racing, we can hang around the back scraping the rust off :)
  12. I am going to withdraw from this event guys. the track is graphically heavy and my machine will not run the track at anything but very low framerates. 14-18.

but I need to add some thoughts about the wednesday events. they are not what they used to be IMO.

Fields are dreadfully small now and it's becoming a non factor at this point I think.

what happened to the smaller/shorter tracks that were easier to learn? this is club racing afterall and if it takes too much time to learn the track so that you can competently complete a lap then it's not attractive to most club racers.

CAr models: why can't we stick with one or two models or class'? having to learn yet another car and grind out a setup for another new track is just being counterproductive to better participation? think about it.

granted this is my opinion only and reflects my situation currently but why can't we shadow the friday track or at least shadow the car choices? at worse, lets do minis for the sake of fun and simplicity?

I am thinking that we will see almost no participation in the future if it becomes to difficult to "get remotely raceable?"

I have to admit, if I cannot get a chance to race someone else for position once in awhile then it's just not much fun and doesn't feel like racing.

My comments are only to spark thought and progress towards event fields that are larger and the racing fun.
  13. Yeah, we can try to drive these beasts straight, or just do some drifting...Lookin' forward to racin' with you Corey!
  14. Personally, I like the variety of choices and tracks...

Here is my skin for this week

15. Douglas Simoneli

Douglas Simoneli
    Premium Member

Sign me up, please.
  16. Yves Larose

Yves Larose
    Premium Member

i'm going on the server if anyone wants help i,ll be happy to help you :highfive:
  17. Two terrible performances from me.

I managed to finish race one.

Race 2, I got to lap four, then took out my car on a wall.

Felt like a bumper car for me. I just kept bouncing back and fourth between the walls.
  18. hey guys
    thanks for the race
    it is good to race again after 5 weeks of no racing
    and especially racing with the camaro...always brings a smile to my face :)
    tnx all
    well what can I say....I used to drive with a d-pad back in 2006...but man did i forgot how to drive with it...because it is hard....really hard
    but still went for fun...got 3rd in quali....not bad at all, but could have put at least 1 sec faster on the board, but never was able to hook it up

race 1 got 2nd behind Greg, made mistakes every lap lol...but still came home 2nd
    race 2 was another story lol
    crashed in T2...my own fault and my nice internet connection that is really really slow lol
    made my way back to the top, but have to say really sorry to Timothy....It was going to be a smooth pass and was braking lightly already from far....but still locked the brakes on the final meters of the corner lol....just a love tap to you (my but to your nose lol :))
    and now thinking maybe should have given you back that position :S

overal it was nice to be back behind the camaro...but need to practice the d-pad again lol
    and thanks to Yves for letting me join semi late :)
  19. tried to get it to work but no joy for me on the graphics issue.

maybe we'll see you next week or Friday in the pre season ATCC event at Donnington.
  20. Can't complain about the racing here - haven't run the camaros before or the track, so I "borrowed" Yves setup and tweaked it a tad - good enough to keep it between the walls :)

Qual: Needed practice so I stayed with a full tank of gas. Well off qual pace but I just wanted to get comfortable. Result of P7.

Race 1: Got a good start and moved up a few positions, was able to avoid some of the first lap spins and was in 3rd for awhile. I made a couple mistakes though and started to lose grip on the last lap - eventually finished P4 I believe.

Race 2: Had another decent start but could not capitalize, as I became sandwiched between two other cars. We played bumper cars a bit through the first couple corners and I came out into the clear in P4 chasing Tim. Spent the first 4 laps doing so, coming close only to make a mistake and drop 2 sec. My mistakes added up and it allowed Christopher to sneak in and pass on the final lap. I was almost gifted P3 though, as I was closely following Chris and Tim when they had their contact. Sadly, again I could not put the power down in the corner to capitalize and finished a close P5.

Overall P3, just glad to have a free night to race with you guys :)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.