rF2 Wednesday August 12th 2009 - Le Mans Series GT2 (Porsche) @ Bahrain

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
Status
Not open for further replies.
What a race, great racing! :smile-big:

Qual: Well Sander did an amazing time with 1.59.668 and well it was possible for me to do but it had to be a good lap and luckily with 1 min to go I set 1.59.644, only 0.024 sec quicker, but was enough to get pole :smile-big:.

Race: I started good, but I saw smoke from my engine, it ran abit too hot at the start lights.....so there I was smoking engine and a few fast guys behind me......I didn't run the engine high in the revs hoping the engine would cool down quickly. It did and I was able to continue......I was a bit getting used to the setup and well the darkness didnt help much, lost a spot to Sander but now I was able to follow him instead of having to find my way in the dark hehe......so I was following and we made some overtakings, which was very fun :).

After the pit, again my engine was smoking, but so was Sander's and I took it a bit easy, cause I didn't want to blow it up. But after that I was able to catch Sander and made the pass and kept it till the end for the win. :victory:

Great race all, specially Sander since I had some great fights with him :smile-big:.
Thanks RD, Bram and other people organising :thumb:

Amen :thumb:

@ Ivo: yes I actually forgot to shut down my engine hehe :)

My ****** interenet shuts down everytime there's some good racing going on :(:(.Getting a bit pissed of at the moment on my supplier but when i called them they say there´s no problem it must be on my side..........

I was very disappointing with my performance in the first place. Was 5 seconds slower and slowly gaining some speed.
In the beginning of the qualify I was still 3+ secs slower then Sander/Wilfred, but ok could never match those, but 3 was just too much.

Then I learned to take the Aston setup I used on Vitus. Worked much better and I was finally learning the track a bit.
In the very last minute I could climb the ladder from 11 to 6th spot on the grid with 2.02.0x :) Very pleased for a while.

Until we started and I lost control. It was not the first time, since I already spun 1001 times during practice and qualify.
Sorry for the trouble I caused. Tried to put it in reverse to get out of the way but already some guys thought lets take the difficult route along him :)
Sorry again.

Don't know exactly what happened next, but had enough spins after that initial one ;)
Then finally I was going in a rythm and gaining on Martin Vrba. Till he braked surprisingly early at one time and I could almost not avoid him. Only thing I could do was throwing my car in a spin. That was easy since I practiced it enough :)
Unfortunately Martin could not avoid my dancing Porsche but at least he could continue without much trouble.

Then I had to close the 4 seconds gap again and it was paying off. Slowly I sneaked up Martins Porsche were the heat was maybe too much for him. He made a mistake and I could slip through. Then I think he made another mistake and I was safe as long as I didn't spin.

Finished the race, don't even know at which position.
It was a disappointing event for me overall because of my bad driving, but still I had fun in the end.

Glad I signed up and finished the race.

(3 races in a row where I had massive damage in the first 10 mins.... hmmm, learning curve my ass)

what a mess!!! i had more collisions and offs in this race than in all other club events put together :) i really suck at driving porsches...

Ramon: watching your car going backwards in front of my bonnet was priceless :) it was a nice battle, but then i didn't blip the throttle enough whilst changing to 2nd gear and i went off in a spin :(

car was totally shot after all the damage it received throughout the race, so i slowed down and brought it home 8th

at last, i would like to apologize to Neil... we had a little tap in the last corner, i thought it was nothing, but in the replay i saw that i pretty much took him out... really sorry for that, hope we're cool

Here are the promised screenshots! Not very high quality, but it looks ok.

Attachments

• GRAB_017.JPG
    GRAB_017.JPG
    72.3 KB · Views: 170
  • GRAB_018.JPG
    GRAB_018.JPG
    78.8 KB · Views: 177
  • GRAB_019.JPG
    GRAB_019.JPG
    84.2 KB · Views: 197
  • GRAB_020.jpg
    GRAB_020.jpg
    131.8 KB · Views: 192
  • GRAB_021.JPG
    GRAB_021.JPG
    65.3 KB · Views: 202
  • GRAB_022.JPG
    GRAB_022.JPG
    85.4 KB · Views: 211
I had soooo much fun!

Practice: Surprisingly it didn't take me that long to become familiar with the track and do some decent laps. I thought I was well prepared for the race.

Qualy: My worst session.
Couldn't hook together even one decent lap and so was 1 second slower than my best practice time by only doing a 2:01.4.
P4.

Race: I made a mistake by chosing hard tires so I was quite off pace and though I could of kept up with Gary, I made a mistake by trying not to kiss his *** and spun.
So my flow was gone but after two more spins and finding myself in P7 i finally came back to my senses and started to chase Peter, Ferry and Tim who were directly in front of me.
Worked out well as I could get past the spinning Ferry and past Peter.
But then I was stuck beind Tim :D
Well, not really stuck, I think we were fighting for about 6,7 laps, then caused by some bad driving I lost contact to him and pitted.
Chosed medium tires this time and put full amount of fuel into my tank ( had started with 70 which was a perfect calculation as I ended the race with 3l of fuel xD). But then I noticed my crew was also fixing the damage which costed me more than 20 seconds :S.
Came out of the pits as 12th.
With the medium tires I was being very much faster and after others had pitted too, I found myself back in P6.
With mine, at this time very good speed and the engine boost turned up to 3 I could get past Tim and later also get past Peter when they were spinning.
Had to drive a bit of a defensive line when Tim was behind me but with about 10 minutes to go when Peter had spun and came directly ahead of Tim back on track I knew that my 4th position was safe and I cautiously drove it home.

One of the funniest races I had for months!
Looking forward to race Tim and Peter again tonight at Nords!

at last, i would like to apologize to Neil... we had a little tap in the last corner, i thought it was nothing, but in the replay i saw that i pretty much took him out... really sorry for that, hope we're cool
ye no worries, was going to reply to your sorry at the time but being a rfactor newbie i forgot how u chat in game :embarrassed: and my game crashed at the end of the race so i left before i wanted to. It was just one of those nights, even teamspeak was down for me, forgot about the ip change and rfactor has been playing up so i did not want to go to desktop to replace the teamspeak ip address.

I also spent a lot of time myself last night with my arse pointing the wrong way :embarrassed: I have only driven the rfactor porsche cars once before and that was with the PCC_997 mod and with it you have to work to keep your tyres cool but with this mod i had the opposite problem as my tyres were very cold. I also forgot to add the lines to the ffb ini file as i swapped from leoFFB just before the race, but from what little i have seen of this mod it has lots of potential and i look forward to getting to know it better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 352 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 247 10.9%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 243 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 177 7.8%