Wednesday 8th July 2009 - Rally France

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why didn't I checked earlier that you organized a session with us times too :(. Thanks Andrew, I'll join next week.

Well, Xfire has a feature (in beta I believe) that would do the job. It's called Broadcast, where the driver can, well, broadcast the game he's playing. That would help for the co-driver to see. Ofcourse, the drivers would need a decent upload speed, but you can run it at low quality, so you don't need to be robbing mbits from the local exchange.

I could test Xfire Broadcast and see...

I just thought it would add to the TS lunacy :)
"I said DON'T cut!"

Anyway, tried snow stages for the first time in the WRC08 and ANK_2 I believe. 2WD is better for snow, 4WD can be tricky to control. Any idea what cars we are running next week?

Xfire only works on RBR if you are on XP, if you're on Vista you have to edit the xfire config file to make it work, and then its sometimes a bit dodgy.

Aha. Any idea to how it's done? Links, turorials etc.

To make it work on Vista?

1. Find the xfire_games.ini file in C:\ProgramData\Xfire (or wherever you installed it)
  2. Press Ctrl+F and find the 2 Richard Burns Rally entries. Then change the line that reads
    Code:
    InGameFlags=USE_PRESENT|ENABLE_MOUSE|DISABLE_RELEASE|DISABLE_FOR_VISTA
    to
    Code:
    InGameFlags=USE_PRESENT|ENABLE_MOUSE|DISABLE_RELEASE|
It should then work ingame, while since I did it - every time xfire updates you will have to do it again.

For this to work the driver would have to be driving an unknown stage otherwise they might not even need the notes.
Well, I know that there are a lot of blind corners and crests. Sometimes you need the notes to know what to do. Also, this enables people to use notes the way they would like them to be.

If what you said is the case, couldn't we all just turn off pacenotes full stop then?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back