Wednesday 23rd September 2009 - Rally Sushi II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yus, once you drive the BTB stages once, they get extracted into the BTBRS folder and then you can copy them from there into the RXRSBR folder and run them through your BTB Stages tab.

I noticed though that you can't quit out of the game if you do it that way, you have to CTRL+ALT+DEL.

Although I don't see the need for all that - you can just run them like any of the regular stages, by selecting the BTB Stages sub-section under Track.

Yus, once you drive the BTB stages once, they get extracted into the BTBRS folder and then you can copy them from there into the RXRSBR folder and run them through your BTB Stages tab.

I noticed though that you can't quit out of the game if you do it that way, you have to CTRL+ALT+DEL. .

Yep, I have confirmed all of this, thanks Andrew and Ryan. :good:

Although I don't see the need for all that - you can just run them like any of the regular stages, by selecting the BTB Stages sub-section under Track.

You can run them on-line that way, but not off-line.

• Aaron Cloutier

Andrew,

Question about Mont Herman, according to rallysim.fr, the surface for this track is tarmac, but when I loaded it up in the BTB Stages it was all gravel. Is it supposed to be tarmac? Is the Official BTB stage different from the separate download for offline play? It was basically impossible to drive w/slicks :)

Some interesting stages.

• Andrew Evans

I noticed though that you can't quit out of the game if you do it that way, you have to CTRL+ALT+DEL.

i don't know why the extracted tracks work differently... but when you get returned to that menu (from which you can't escape)... drill down into race... track name... until you get to the weather conditions... now when you escape back up the menus it will return you to rscenter as expected.... :shrug:

Question about Mont Herman, according to rallysim.fr, the surface for this track is tarmac, but when I loaded it up in the BTB Stages it was all gravel.

yea, ignore what's posted against the tracks on rallyesim, mont herman is definitely gravel...

in other news, i can't upload the extracted tracks... 100Mb+ is just too heavy.... if you want to get them extracted for offline use, you'll need to run them once online...

• Andrew Evans

i just ran them all about an hour ago - and they're ok... you'll always find a note or two you don't agree with - like on the stock stages - but generally ok...

• Andrew Evans

also, am ditching the 2 add-on tracks from the end of the event.... there's too much complexity and too many loopholes involved in running them successfully... rallyesim are taking in a lot of the new available goodness anyways... so there'll be lots more coming in the future, if we just restrict it to officially added tracks....

• Aaron Cloutier

Thanks Andrew!

Word of warning. Be prepared for some seriously bumpy Tarmac on prospect ridge. That is some tricky driving on the downhill section in the rain. I'm really looking forward to this race!

• Andrew Evans

because they can only be played in online session....

• Aaron Cloutier

Sort of... Andrew posted a link on rallysim where you could dowload most of them separately and play them through the BTB tab in RSCenter. Can't seem to find all the stages though so I'll be driving some of them blind. That's where the num-notes mod comes in really handy for me.

• Johan Sälgström

I'll be running most of them blind too, mainly because I just don't want to bother with getting them to work offline. :p Will be great fun.

i just ran them all about an hour ago - and they're ok... you'll always find a note or two you don't agree with - like on the stock stages - but generally ok...

There where a few "90 right/left" which you could take really quickly. But then theres the sly 1 which you end up taking quick and i ended up in "da Valleys". Nice tracks tho indeedy.

Also sorry i had to get off my girlfriend wanted to watch tv and i was using that. RBR rules on a TV :good:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back