Wednesday 15th July 2008 - Rally Finland

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, that was just shocking! :sidefrown:
Bouncing from snowbank to snowbank, plenty of offs, a roll at the start of the final stage which pretty much ruined the steering, AND my Dad called during SS1 so I missed the start of SS2.
Ah well, good fun all the same - got my best time ever on SS7 so all's not lost I s'pose!
Looking forward to the results when I get up tomorrow; good luck everyone!

I'm sure the Celica is 4WD despite it being in a FWD class and the car description saying its FWD - it just doesn't feel at all like the other cars, feels much more like a WRC car. Also I just had a go at doing donuts and a few burnouts and I'm sure the rear wheels spun at the same time as the fronts while doing a standing start.

• Andrew Evans

would explain why it's the most manageable car in the group... by about a mile....

Been looking forward to this since last week :good:

This week should go without any clinches :D The game is installed :becky:
Must use the wheel this week and get that setup

:wink: just hope I do not have the same issues that .com had last week :wink:

• Bert Van Waes

This will be a test for the best drivers, as probably everybody will drive the Celica... :)

Tried the Xsara but the FWD wheelspin bonanza got on my nerves and then I wrote the car off in the second stage. Changed to the Celica and everything seemed to get better as the stages progressed. Rolled in stage 3 and 4 but managed to finish those and then kept it the right way up from then on.

• Viking Jansson

Great night indeed!

I took the lead after the first stage but from then on it went downhill and after stage 5 I think, I lost my lead and were 33 seconds after the leader mole2k. I tried to concentrate really much the 6th and 7th stage and it went better, didn't crash and took the lead again..
On the last stage I took it pretty easy because I didn't want to crash and have to retire. It went well and I won for the first time here.

Looking foreward to the next one:)

Great night indeed!

I took the lead after the first stage but from then on it went downhill and after stage 5 I think, I lost my lead and were 33 seconds after the leader mole2k. I tried to concentrate really much the 6th and 7th stage and it went better, didn't crash and took the lead again..
On the last stage I took it pretty easy because I didn't want to crash and have to retire. It went well and I won for the first time here.

Looking foreward to the next one:)

It was a good battle, we swapped the lead a couple of times. I managed to roll the car 2 seperate times on ss7 within the first km, both had to call for help. Then I rolled it 3/4 of the way through stage7 and had to call for help a 3rd time.

A fairly spectacular way to bomb out of the lead :D

The last stage I just went all out as I had nothing to lose and very very nearly totalled the car over the big jump near the end :D

• Andrew Evans

quality stuffs! :D

only managed to drop one stage this week... gotta go for the cleep sweep next week....

managed to jam my handbrake on towards the end of ss1.... (who'da known accidentally pushing down locks the sequential in place :becky:)... otherwise might have just snuck me a 6th....

this rally night is quickly becoming my highlight of the racing week.... catch y'all next time... :ohyus:

results posted here:

http://forum.racedepartment.com/rbr...-15th-july-2008-rally-finland.html#post354813

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 133 13.1%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 103 10.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 95 9.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 72 7.1%