Wednesday 15th July 2008 - Rally Finland

• Thread starter Andrew Evans
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Andrew Evans

• Andrew Evans

i gave them a brief test the other day.... i think the celica seemed one of the more manageable ones...

i've only tried out the celica and the octavia, i found the celica much more managable as a the octavia seems to really struggle with the front end washing out as it has so much steering. The celica you just drift around the place, it's quite fun.

A

Andrew Evans

• Andrew Evans

there's nothing to download mate... if you've installed the mod, you have everything you need... the link just shows the main details and start time (according to their servers)..... i don't think anyone can see the details inside - except me - because it's passworded....

all it is, is the list of stages in the first post anyways... and you'll be able to see it all, anyway, thru the rscenter when the event starts.... :thumb:

good to see more people climb aboard the rallytrain.... :welcome:

B

Bert Van Waes

• Bert Van Waes

I'm in, last time was fun!!! :desire:

BTW: only the celica is competitive here. 20 secs faster then anything else. Its the only car wich you can mash the throthle and slide around. The others are impossible to drive. G25 here and halfway is already full throthle... Is this fixable?

But the celica is uber fun!!!

I tried the Celica at the first Stage, got a 4:05.2, very good handling car, makes the snow fun.

Well, some bad news (or good, make what you want of it). It's very likely I will be heading down the country tomorrow, and coming back Thursday (possibly) morning. That means if I do go, rally is a no-go. Also, I'd miss the US start time.

REALLY sorry Andrew :(. I know you need all the drivers you can get in the first few RBR events. Have fun anyway :)

A

Andrew Evans

• Andrew Evans

yea man... totale... birney just became a cinderellaaaa anyways.... (need yer rsrbr tag tho :nod:)

A

Andrew Evans

• Andrew Evans

BTW: only the celica is competitive here. 20 secs faster then anything else. Its the only car wich you can mash the throthle and slide around. The others are impossible to drive. G25 here and halfway is already full throthle... Is this fixable?

this is what i was on about at the start of the thread when i asked if they were supposed to react like this.... didn't know if it was the snow... or they were "broken"....

you can reduce the sensitivity of the throttle by increasing the curvature on the axis filter.... but it's not an ideal solution... gonna have a mooch and see if i can find anything more useful....

I havnt had a play with the cars but I found anything but the celica very hard to drive as the front wheels washed out really easily. So you had very active steering that would tend push the nose.

A different setup would probably help, A lot higher gears for starters then maybe something different in the setup. If it was an RC car I would laydown the front shocks more but I dont know what the equivilant setup option on a real car would be. Progressive spring rate?

Status
Not open for further replies.

How much money have you spend on your current simracing hardware

• €0-150

Votes: 92 19.0%
  • €151-500

Votes: 128 26.4%
  • €501-1000

Votes: 85 17.5%
  • €1001-1500

Votes: 43 8.9%
  • €1501-3000