Misc wedgeHUD v1.4

Login or Register an account to download this content
Wedge submitted a new resource:

wedgeHUD - A modern HUD for rFactor 2

wedgeHUD for rFactor 2

0AJy7pD.jpg

Steam Workshop: http://goo.gl/tX7DYQ

RSljWsi.png

Please, post your feedback either here or on Steam Workshop!
Thanks!​

Read more about this resource...

Many thanks for this HUD. I have some suggestions for multiple layouts.

For example. Like Hat mentioned on Steam, I would like some components at the edges of the screen.
Kinda like the Normal version of DigitalHud with position and laps components at the top between the 3 virtual mirrors. The pit and flag indicator somewhere more to the top and with a smaller vertical size (rectangular shape), since at lower resolutions they become too big and cover the screen too much.

The message center and fuel indicator moved to the bottom.

The RPM, Speed indicator somewhat lower, like Normal version of DigitalHud and with a DRS indicator if it isn't already there.

Last edited:
Thank you Wedge, this is a brilliant HUD, quite the best I’ve seen. I love its minimalist approach that doesn’t clutter up the screen. I would, however, like to see an alternative version with the info panel lowered and the tach in a more traditional place to the right and further down, just for those cars where its central placement is in the way, or seems inappropriate for the car.

And is there any chance of the design being ported to AMS?

Thank you Wedge, this is a brilliant HUD, quite the best I’ve seen. I love its minimalist approach that doesn’t clutter up the screen. I would, however, like to see an alternative version with the info panel lowered and the tach in a more traditional place to the right and further down, just for those cars where its central placement is in the way, or seems inappropriate for the car.

And is there any chance of the design being ported to AMS?
Thanks! There're few things I still want to improve.

As for an AMS version, probably!

Wedge updated wedgeHUD with a new update entry:

Added two variations

Changelog 1.3 - 4/9/2016
- Fixed a small graphic issue of the left MFD showing off a black bar on triple-screens;
- Added two variations of the HUD: edge and mirror;
-- edge version: lap/pos and times diplays are aligned at the edge of the screen;
-- mirror version: lap/pos and times diplays are aligned at the edge of the center mirror;

Read the rest of this update entry...

The new versions don’t seem to like my resolution much (1280x960). The ‘normal’ version has the outer displays truncated and on the ‘mirror’ version the displays overlap the outside mirrors. It’s not a huge problem and I can always go back to the old version, which displays fine. I much prefer the tach position on the new versions though, so I’m sticking with the ‘mirror’ version for now. The only problem with this is that I appear to have lost the fuel gauge, which I presume is somewhere off screen!

I was also wondering Wedge, whether you’d considered increasing the transparency of the background. In fact, I reckon you could probably do away with the main backgrounds altogether. I have my Assetto Corsa and AMS HUDs set like this and the text is perfectly readable, whilst leaving the screen looking less cluttered.

GRAB_072.JPG GRAB_078.JPG

Last edited:
Wedge updated wedgeHUD with a new update entry:

More variations!

Changelog 1.4 - 4/26/2016
- Added two more variations of the HUD: side and minimal;
-- side version: tachometer located on the right side, merged with fuel gauge, and infos on the side of the rear mirror;
-- minimal version: very minimal information for those who want to use the HUD with the car dash, or along with an external plugin;

Screenshots showing the different versions updated.

As always, comments and critiques are more than welcome.

Thank you for your support!

Read the rest of this update entry...

Thank you Wedge, nice job! I was looking for it. I'll try it this evening :)

Just a request if it's possible. Can also be showed the name of some drivers ahead and the name of the driver behind?

Max

Last edited:
I have downloaded this mod on the Steam Workshop but can't get it working in game.

Screenshot below shows it's installed
kpav22lo.jpg

This screenshot below doesn't show the plugin?
inprkdzs.jpg

Can anyone help?

Thanks

• Deleted member 130869

@Kevin Cox
Go to Onscreen Display, select WedgeHUD and apply. It looks all broken in this UI but it will work.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back