• Goodbye Dan Gurney, and thanks for the memories...
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Follow RaceDepartment also on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Twitch, Steam and / or YouTube.

EU WEC @ Spa Francorchamps - Tue 24Oct17

Discussion in 'Project CARS 2 Racing Club' started by Dennis, Oct 17, 2017.

Added to Calendar: 24-10-17
  1. Brewer

Brewer
    Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +178
    Sadly won't make it. Pedals have died.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Farfus27

Farfus27
    Premium

Ratings:
    +11
    great race and BUG :cry::mad:

• Sad Sad x 1
  3. Beikirch

Beikirch
    Premium

Ratings:
    +199
    Oh no iam disqualifid because speedlimit overspeed :sleep:

• Sad Sad x 2
  4. ionONE1

ionONE1
    Premium

Ratings:
    +445
    DQ for speeding in the pitlane without ever getting to the pitspeed limiter line.
    This game ... also the performance between practice, qualy and race wtf is going on?
    The 2 LMP1 cars bugging out in front of me, this is sad 1 month after release.
    I think im done until i see some bug fixes.

more: ABS was working during practice but was disabled for qualy/race. Race director was disabled or didnĀ“t work? I never got a lap deleted.

Last edited: Oct 24, 2017
  5. Ruben De Wulf

Ruben De Wulf
    Premium

Ratings:
    +44
    great race ! i loved the rain ! thanks guys!

lot of quiters to , why ..???

6. Georg Ortner

Georg Ortner
    Sector3 Studios Premium

Ratings:
    +677
    Same here mate.

For some reason i had no pace in race session, was missing 20 kmh top speed. No idea why...
    And then got DQF for speeding in pits, even though i never crossed the pit line.

I did 2 online races in pcars so far, and in both races i got taken out of action by some unexplainable penalties.

IMO these bugged rules and regulations need to be disabled in Club Races until they get sorted,
    otherwise i see no point in entering another race.

7. rikirk

rikirk
    Premium

Ratings:
    +86
    The bug entering the pit lane is definitely annoying and force you to slow down as soon as you get in.
    Feel bad for all the DQFs and wish we can solve the issue for the next one. I could not understand why CrewChief said I was 3rd until I realized at the end we were just 5 crossing the line. I use VR and I keep the cockpit view clean from any possible overlay.

Otherwise, I had a blast racing today. After fooling around for days with the FFB for the t300, just before getting into the server I found online a custom file that I liked a lot. Nevertheless I spun the car twice... Since I only raced AC so far, I am going to stick with PC2 and look forward for a growing community here and possibly some needed patches to make the experience easier on us.

Thanks again Dennis! [​IMG]

• Love Love x 2
  8. Rupe Wilson

Rupe Wilson
    rFactor Senior Club Manager Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +6,935
    Guys please make sure you use your real names when entering RD teamspeak. :)
    @AdamC6
    @tresmayu
    @rikirk

if this has already been corrected i thank you :) if not please adjust it for next time :)

• Like Like x 1
  9. Dennis

Dennis
    RedShift Racing Staff

Ratings:
    +949
    Thanks for joining everyone!

I was surprised as well that the pit entry and exit checkpoints hadn't been changed since pcars 1, where it was off by quite a bit. You have to engage the limiter at the very first sign and disengage it some point after (!) the turn on the pit exit.

If the driving standard stays as good as it was in the last races, then I think we can safely disable this feature until it is improved :thumbsup:

Did you check your TC settings? If it's set too low during rain, then it will keep limiting your throttle input even on the straights.

10. revoasd

revoasd
    Premium

Ratings:
    +71
    Got a weird penalty in the pit lane aswell but atleast didnt get DQ'd. Could not get anything done with the wet tyres so still glad i decided to do the pitstop.

11. rikirk

rikirk
    Premium

Ratings:
    +86
    Done :) Somehow after the Fall Update I had to reinstall TS and as soon as I noticed I fixed it, just before entering the game server.

• Love Love x 1
  12. Kurupt CDN

Kurupt CDN
    DirtT Tuned Motorsports Premium

Ratings:
    +1,300
    Sorry guys that ran way longer than I expected it too...thinking it was gonna end around 2:30-2:40pm my time but still had 12 mins left at 2:40 and had to leave for work.

Almost postive theres a weather bug that gives random people different track conditions. I was at the back running with about 6 guys within 10 sec....than by the 4th lap the last place ferrari Rik i believe just flew by a few us than warped into another ferrari causing it to crash. Than built nearly a min lead on me over 3 laps......meanwhile I went from running 2:27s in the rain to 2:47-2:50s without any offs?
    Than i got a pit speeding penalty due to the inncorrect signage on pit exit.

That or this game is too bloody advanced lol

13. Smokeysworld

Smokeysworld
    It's not a Rover, it's an MG! Premium

Ratings:
    +32
    Well as the first time racing through racedepartment, first time in a GTE car and first time on Spa, I had a blast!
    Probably my lower skill level meant little niggles didn't affect me but I did also have pit warning issues.
    I also learned how to set up pit strategies etc after a couple of errors.
    15 mins in, was nice to be having a little bit of competitive, clean racing, sadly the tag from the rear spun me out and caused damage so that was any racing over but was good to focus on the circuit and try for consistent laps.
    Thanks for arranging this and look forward to the next one!

• Love Love x 1
  14. Smokeysworld

Smokeysworld

Ratings:
    +32
    Was this at around 15mins? Would explain my Ferrari getting wellied of track :)

15. Kurupt CDN

Kurupt CDN

Ratings:
    +1,300
    Ya around than

16. ionONE1

ionONE1
    Premium

Ratings:
    +445
    I tested the pit entry during practice ... no issue.

17. Smokeysworld

Smokeysworld

Ratings:
    +32
    That probably explains my crash then!

18. Kurupt CDN

Kurupt CDN

Ratings:
    +1,300
    I believe that pit penalty is on the exit. At the end of pitlane theres the green pillon with the 60 warning and line but the pit speed warning stays on till your 3/4 of the way around the bend before the warning disables.

19. ionONE1

ionONE1
    Premium

Ratings:
    +445
    I got dq when entering the pits, didnt even reach the white line and rip.

20. Captain Condescending

Captain Condescending
    Nerd, Petrol Head, Professional Noob Premium

Ratings:
    +72
    I said it on teamspeak earlier, but just thought i'd reiterate the reason i quit right at the start is that I could only see 12 of the 24 cars, and I didn't want to punt anyone off because I couldn't see them. Hopefully these bugs get sorted out so we can enjoy the really great racing this game produces... when it works...

• Agree Agree x 1