Webber: Vettel Peace Claims Are 'Rubbish'

Mark is now really pushing it. Will not be surprised if he is the first driver that will be replaced this season.

Is it allowed to put Ricciardo in the RBR half way the season and switch teams?
Yep, it sure is.

To be honest with you, a lot of the big name drivers' contracts run out this season - so there may be some big mix ups!

Mark is now really pushing it. Will not be surprised if he is the first driver that will be replaced this season.

I'm always sceptical of "sensationalist" stuff I read in the on-line media. However, if these are true statements, at least Mark maintains his honesty vs the "massaged, sanitised, scripted" statements from Vettel, Horner etc. If nothing else, Mark is always honest and up front, always worth listening to his comments.

I wouldn't be surprised if Mark is looking for ways to get out of any contractual arrangements with RBR early this year anyway, especially if he has a "done deal" elsewhere.
If the relationship has broken down totally, there isn't much benefit to either the team or Webber to drag it out for the remainder of the year.

I'm always sceptical of "sensationalist" stuff I read in the on-line media. However, if these are true statements, at least Mark maintains his honesty vs the "massaged, sanitised, scripted" statements from Vettel, Horner etc. If nothing else, Mark is always honest and up front, always worth listening to his comments.

I wouldn't be surprised if Mark is looking for ways to get out of any contractual arrangements with RBR early this year anyway, especially if he has a "done deal" elsewhere.
If the relationship has broken down totally, there isn't much benefit to either the team or Webber to drag it out for the remainder of the year.
Webber has always proved to be a whiner when things don't go his way.
The fact that at no stage ever has he achieved or out staged Vettel in the last three years, and THAT has created the frustration within himself. Hence the crybaby attitude he has....

Webber is a strong driver, but not quite there for with vettel, he's a great number 2 driver and could be a great number 1 driver.... for a lower team!

driver's will always whinge no matter what happens, it's part of racing :)

I dont agree that Webber has ever been a whiner or crybaby. When you consider the second rate treatment he has consisntently received# he has in my view been very stoic and manly about it. He has had the courage to speak the truth thats all.
#-New front wing given to Seb at Silverstone (Webber wins and says "not bad for #2 driver)
# Vettel crashes into him at Turkey and makes a hand signal that Webber is crazy.
# Vettel ignores team orders and is "supported by team"
#Vettel cries out for "multimal 1-2 at Spa when Webber ahead.

I would rather be Sennas steam mate than Vettels. At least Senna used his car rather than management to hamper his rivals.

Webber has won the British GP twice and Monaco twice. RedBull keep hiring him as they know he is fast.
Lets see how they go with someone else.

I dont agree that Webber has ever been a whiner or crybaby. When you consider the second rate treatment he has consisntently received# he has in my view been very stoic and manly about it. He has had the courage to speak the truth thats all.
#-New front wing given to Seb at Silverstone (Webber wins and says "not bad for #2 driver)
# Vettel crashes into him at Turkey and makes a hand signal that Webber is crazy.
# Vettel ignores team orders and is "supported by team"
#Vettel cries out for "multimal 1-2 at Spa when Webber ahead.

I would rather be Sennas steam mate than Vettels. At least Senna used his car rather than management to hamper his rivals.

Webber has won the British GP twice and Monaco twice. RedBull keep hiring him as they know he is fast.
Lets see how they go with someone else.
Not disputing Webber's driving prowess at al. But when wondering why Vettel receives "preferential" treatment from RBR, there must be a hell of a lot more to him than merely being an outspoken driver as you say Webber is.??

Not disputing Webber's driving prowess at al. But when wondering why Vettel receives "preferential" treatment from RBR, there must be a hell of a lot more to him than merely being an outspoken driver as you say Webber is.??
You called him a "crybaby" friend.
Its for you to justify that.
If you have to ask me why Vettel who is German and a protoge of Marko and talent scouted by Marko who is driving for an Austrian team might get preferential treatment maybe it doesn't neccesarily follow that it is through any fault of Webber.
Marko has a political imperative to see "his boy" succeed.
There was only one season where Vettel convincingly outdrove Webber and that was in 2011.
The year of secret engine maps feeding blown diffusers.
Prior to that In 2010 Webber could have won the WDC but erred in Korea. Now after that in this season its close enough for Vettel to have to break team orders to pass Webber in stint 3.
BTW Saying he is prepared to tell the truth is not quite the same as saying he is outspoken.
He has been isolated and pushed hard, many men would have broken before this.

Webber is a strong driver, but not quite there for with vettel, he's a great number 2 driver and could be a great number 1 driver.... for a lower team!

driver's will always whinge no matter what happens, it's part of racing :)
he is, look at how good he was in the 2/3s of 2010.

I think psychology has slowed him down, or maybe the car doesn't quiet fit his driving style.

But I would never underestimate him.

Dave, not for one moment will i ever say Webber is not a top class driver because, that he definately is. I just feel that if he feels he does not fit in with the team, he should leave and find a team he is more comfotable with. He has the potential of driving well for any team.
Take Alonso for instance,when he was Hamiltons team mate, they could not get along. But instead of bitching about what was being done for Hamilton, being the blue-eyed boy, Alonso left the team. THAT is a sign of a true champion.and someone who has the confidence that he can perform anywhere, as he has subsequently proved....:)
As Diego stated, you don't underestimate Webber.

Dave, not for one moment will i ever say Webber is not a top class driver because, that he definately is. I just feel that if he feels he does not fit in with the team, he should leave and find a team he is more comfotable with. He has the potential of driving well for any team.
Take Alonso for instance,when he was Hamiltons team mate, they could not get along. But instead of bitching about what was being done for Hamilton, being the blue-eyed boy, Alonso left the team. THAT is a sign of a true champion.and someone who has the confidence that he can perform anywhere, as he has subsequently proved....:)
As Diego stated, you don't underestimate Webber.
Thank you for you somewhat concilatory tone re Webber.
I do however beg to differ re Alonso's behaviour at McLaren.
He threw the toys out of the pram big time when challenged by Hamilton and denied #1 status.
His antics included
-Leaving the team before contract expired
-Having FIA put an observer in the pits to ensure "equal treaatment" for himself
-Blowing the whistle that started "spygate" and costing Mclaren £100,000,000 pounds
-Grinning like a petulant child when Hamilton lost the WDC in China by putting his car on the beach at the pit entry.
Alonsos behaviour was self centerd, childish and paraonoid. I am sorry your example is supportive of Webber Webber sets an example to Alonso in this discussion not as you put it the other way around.

Using Alonso's situation at McLaren was in no way intended to compare personalities at all. All i meant to express was that if Webber is so unhappy at RBR, instead of whinging about it, leave for greener pastures.

Great having this discussion with you....:)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back