1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

PC weather & physics

Discussion in 'Assetto Corsa' started by banger, Nov 25, 2016.

1. are these working.

meaning are there any difference in the car's physics attributes,grip/brakes. so on.
    Has I like to try out the real weather conditions currently for the day I'm racing.and also is there a way we can get the weather to be less than 10c.

currently today weather for nurberg is 3c but I can not go any lower than ten.:(

2. ouvert

ouvert
    Premium Member

nope no weather ...

3. Well, actually there is weather, but not rain.

Weather conditions do have influence on track temps, and track temps have an influence on grip. Apart from that, I don't think there is more. For example, air temperature should affect engine performance, but I dont think it does.

4. ouvert

ouvert
    Premium Member

well there are temps influencing level of grip, weather effects are visual thing.

5. air temp affects downforce and drag directly
    air temp affects engine power directly.
    air temp affects tyre temps which affect grip.
    air temp PROBABLY affects brake temps(never tested).
    track temp does not affect grip directly.

6. ouvert

ouvert
    Premium Member

air temps affect surface temp that affects grip level of surface, also affected by time of day .. as far as I remember ..

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. shame really I would of like to test this out on tracks. Against the real current weather in country.that way we might get better ai drivers/real drivers. testing conditions.

8. Actually, you can set temperatures below 10°C with running your own race through .ini files, like Content Manager does it. It's just not officially supported.

9. ouvert

ouvert
    Premium Member

even bellow 0 C ?

10. Well, kind of. It takes whatever values you put in but I don't think it's designed to work with temps below zero - tyre temperatures rise on their own towards zero. But it kind of works and has some effect on tyre grip though tyre temps. Not sure about air density, engine output. The server manager allows for ambient temps between 0 and 45°C so I suppose that's where everything works as expected.

11. ouvert

ouvert
    Premium Member

and fog is making icy road surface .. cool :) ..

• Haha Haha x 1
  12. ouvert

ouvert
    Premium Member

That's my kind of winter :)

13. Read the comments above.