1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

PC Weather condition - Rain, water puddles ?

Discussion in 'Assetto Corsa' started by sti228, Oct 6, 2015.

1. Hi. There is any official info about normal weather condition ? Or maybe something about night daytime ? 2016 will come soon so hope one of this will happen in nearest future.

P. S. 2 extra questions.

1) Why Kuno don't think about backfire texture update ? They looks horrible.
    2) No way to work with drift pack DLC after 1.3 update ? :( Or maybe release AE86 for free ?

Last edited: Oct 6, 2015
    • Haha Haha x 2
  2. As far as I know, there are no plans for rain or night racing. I hope I am wrong. But dont get your hopes up

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Greg Latty
    Sadly it looks like this. Forget to ask why it's not possible to edit “Double-sided” objects in this game engine ? Will be good if one of devs said any information about this subject. I read Race Track Builder post and really interested why AC don't support this function.

[​IMG]

4. ouvert

ouvert
    Premium Member

definitely no night racing and also no weather ... they would have to rewrite engine for that as current one supports only one source of light (which is now sun) .. so technically staticaly iluminated circuits without head lights on cars are possible but not gonna happend as original content ..

• Haha Haha x 1
  5. Ricoow

Ricoow
    420 Premium Member

Very true. You can toggle headlights of your car but you wont see beams of light, not even under heavy clouds/fog at 18:00 time

• Haha Haha x 1
  6. Stereo

Stereo
    Premium Member

Shadows work badly on thin objects, would work at maximum badness on double sided faces. So no default content will ever use it, thus no motivation to add it to the engine. Duplicating faces for eg. X-trees is just done when they make the models, and only if both sides are actually visible from the track. Not really much to explain beyond that, the game is being built to support their own content, not arbitrary XPacks.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Matheus Machado

Matheus Machado
    #17 Talking Door Racing Staff

Rain may appear in the game, as it was featured in NKP. Just a personal guess.

8. ouvert

ouvert
    Premium Member

Nah, they have so much to do and as it is feature that only few would realistically use, it is not worth the time

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. A little history, Kunos Simulazioni did netKar Pro and was the rain.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Here's what I wrote, in verbatim on the discussion of this very topic over in the AC forum:

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. ouvert

ouvert
    Premium Member

Well it is from Lord Kunos himself, not from my head, so i guess it is as close to truth as possible :) but my guess is that they will use multiple light sources in AC2 engine as night racing is annoyingly frequent question in AC community :)

12. There will never be rain in Assetto Corsa. Well not whilst there is a cardboard crowd in the stands. They'll all turn to mush.

• Haha Haha x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  13. Cristian Haba

Cristian Haba
    #555 | Roaring Pipes Maniacs Staff Premium Member

This was stated time and again during the Stefano youtube casts that there will be no rain or time/day cycles, maybe in AC 2.

14. How you like the updated spectators on Barcelona? I think they give more presence than the older models. I think Spa also has the updated spectators like Barcelona.

15. Turk

Turk
    Premium Member

I think the problem with rain was they put a lot of effort into it in NKPro and nobody really used it. It's a bit of a gimmick feature in that we like to try it out but spend the vast majority of our time ignoring it.

What I would like to see instead is marbles. It would be a good addition to dry racing.

16. They are better than some of the other tracks but still way behind in comparison to the crowds in project cars. The mod 1988 tracks have better crowds than the kunos originals. I would like to see a more quality better shaded crowds, not essential but they do add to the atmosphere. It almost feels like you've broken in to the circuit to have a go whilst nobody is around at the moment. Especially Silverstone and monza. Those circuits should be packed full and buzzing.

17. ouvert

ouvert
    Premium Member

hmm, I would like to see option for turning side track objects and characters off ..

• Like Like x 1
  18. Brandon Wright

Brandon Wright
    I'm just here for the snacks Premium Member

:):D:laugh::roflmao: That's freaking hilarious!!

I feel the same way, for me it really detracts from the experience and makes you feel more like you're at a private track day than a proper motorsports event. This is one of the things I really like about R3E, the crowds are alive and the atmosphere is exciting, really gets me pumped up for the race. Just my opinion, I could see why some people would want to turn them off, but I'm a big fan of big/active crowds at the tracks.

19. Cristian Haba

Cristian Haba
    #555 | Roaring Pipes Maniacs Staff Premium Member

Honestly, sometimes when you're concentrating on extracting performance, and being as consistent as possible I rarely ever look at the surroundings other than to judge braking markers. Having said that, a progression of track side objects/spectators as the race weekend goes on would be a nice addition.

Although for some combos like E30s on Spa having a packed house would look sorta hilarious :D.

But I'm not in favour of overdone objects ala PCars and NFS style useless flying banners and flags, horns going off etc. Depends what Kunos deems appropriate, I'm fine with what we have although a bit more couldnt hurt too much.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. No, I'm not interested in banners, flags or crowd animations, just a high detail static crowd which is full and busy looking. Definately no need for speed gimmicks like the same plane going over, camera flashes and horns.