We are now The Historic Racing Section

Stuart Thomson

The Stoat Without Fear ™
Premium
All,
as some of you may have noticed or been aware, we have expanded our world a little.

We now cover not only GT Legends, but also the Power & Glory (v2.1) mod for GTR2.

The Power & Glory mod (P&G) is the excellent mod from the GTLWorkshop, which simulates the same default cars as in GT Legends, but unlike GTL (which is a sim of the 2005 Historic Season), P&G simulates the cars as they were when they raced originally.

Period tyres, period suspension, so on and so forth.

Also, as host platform GTR2 was made by 10tacle & Simbin (the same as GTL), the engine is very similar, and seamless transition from one to the other is as painless as copying over your GTL *.PLR file to your P&G installation.

What P&G also gives us are the more advanced event management options, plus GTR2's changeable weather conditions.

We are not stopping GT Legends events, the next RDHGP season will be in GT Legends, NOT P&G. Tuesdays & Thursdays will remain as GTL only events in the immediate future, while we will be having some initial P&G events on Fridays, starting with a simple test event this Friday (25th Feb) - details to follow in the Racing Club Thread.

We are simply expanding into a mod that has the GTL feel, has enough shared DNA to make transition painless, but also has enough differences to make it a worthwhile addition to our stable.

Power & Glory events will be posted in the GT Legends Racing Club, and be clearly marked with different flyers.

You should go here: http://www.gtlw.co.uk/ to download the P&G mod.

I hope you are as excited about this development as Carlos & I are.

Please feel free to ask any questions in this thread.

As it stands, there may not be any immediate changes to thread or forum titles, but that may come in the fullness of time, but we'll keep you apprised of anything that is upcoming.

Oh my... now that's a nice surprise!

I've never really got the chance to race this mod online as the few servers around are password protected and the events by those leagues never fitted into my spare time slots.
Looking forward to the test event, might very well participate.

:drink:

Might I ask who got you to set up PnG events at RD? Last time I started a PnG thread there wasn't much interest.. great to see that times are changing! :)

I've heard lots of good reports about the P&G Mod.
I have had it downloaded for about 2 weeks now but not yet installed it (or GTR2), but I certainly have the motivation now.
Sounds like a great addition to our GTL Club. :thumb:

A quick note - this Friday (25th), I am postponing the P&G test event until the following week (Friday 4th March).

There are still some issues I need to work out, and an install guide I want to get up before we start having events.

Let's get the RDHGP season finale out of the way and clear the decks.

I've heard lots of good reports about the P&G Mod.
I have had it downloaded for about 2 weeks now but not yet installed it (or GTR2), but I certainly have the motivation now.
Sounds like a great addition to our GTL Club. :thumb:

Hey Warren, if I remember correctly you gave v1 of this mod a try quite some time ago. Wasn't it the case that you didn't like the Mini in this mod?
If yes, make sure you check the available setups for the cars to get a nice starting point. I'm currently at work so can't provide you with the setup I'm talking about.. but I know that the default setup is way understeery and feels somewhat strange.

And in general to get going I'd recommend to refer to the tyre guide provided with the mod (you can find it in the PnG root directory), the tyres are quite an important part of this mod as you can see by the amount of work put into the manual :)

Hey Warren, if I remember correctly you gave v1 of this mod a try quite some time ago. Wasn't it the case that you didn't like the Mini in this mod?

Geez, you have a good memory. I vaguely remember testing it out when it was first released, but I assume it is greatly developed since then. I was probably very familiar with the GTL Mini (probably the only car I know REALLY well :) ) and fussy.
Thanks for the tip, I haven't installed anything yet, might wait for Stu's Installation Guide in case there are any GTR2 quirks with Win 7 64. :wink:

I vaguely remember testing it out when it was first released, but I assume it is greatly developed since then. I was probably very familiar with the GTL Mini (probably the only car I know REALLY well :) ) and fussy.

The mod has developed quite a bit with v2, yes. But someone on their official forum mentioned that there will be yet another update on all old cars with the soon-to-come v3 making the cars even less understeery by default... so it might still be the case that you won't like it compared to GTL.

Might be best to just give it a (proper) try though :thumb:

I'm running GTR2 with P&G on Win7 64 and haven't had any issues. The mod installer recognizes if there's anything missing and makes sure that the base GTR2 installation is OK before installing the mod. Just make sure you have the v1.1 update for GTR2 ready and to start the game I got the No-CD crack as it wouldn't work for me with just the CD in the drive.

After reading this yesterday, I promptly made a clean install (and now, my only GTR2 install). I'm all upto date, had to swap some dodgy tracks, for good versions, that I had never downloaded up until now. GTR2, was basically for creating hat files, so I could get tracks in Evo..

I'm not available on Fridays, so it may be a long time, before this gets used online... lol.

Not so, we also have the option of some Sunday afternoon events, and once the Boss season is over and we've had a few Fridays under our belts, I think Carlos may use the occasional Tuesday as well.

That's why I said that Tue & Thu would remain GTL in the immediate future, but a couple of months down the road, we may be able to freestyle it a little more.

Any ideas on what cars will be raced in the first few events? What I find hard in P&G is to find fair matches between the different cars as there are so many specific car configurations etc. It's great to play around but might be interesting to get close fields.

No, no real ideas yet.

For the first event or two, balanced fields is not really our main purpose.

It'll be about connectivity, no system crashes and trying out the weather.

I may even go for a few single make events to ease us in and keep the playing field level-ish.

Thanks for the tip, I haven't installed anything yet, might wait for Stu's Installation Guide in case there are any GTR2 quirks with Win 7 64. :wink:

GTR2 install on W7 no problem (like GTL) put P&G over it use option 2 (by start instal) it cleans all the GTR2 stuff you don't need.
via the link on the P&G site to SRM is a tutorial, hope I don't shoot on Stuart??

Links:http://srmz.net/index.php?showforum=141
http://www.nogripracing.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=105

Tracks:http://srmz.net/index.php?showtopic=3834

So far so good. I have now got P & G installed and all seems to be working fine, only tried off-line though.
Looks good so far. :) Only tried the Mini, (of course :rolleyes: ) which felt a bit soft and wallowy to me, but hopefully I can improve that with setup changes. I need to get my GTL FFB profile into this game too, but my initial impressions are that it is better than Historx re FFB.

Looking forward to being able to try it on-line. :cool:

Thanks for the Tutorial link Hans, I followed it exactly. :thumb:

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 72 7.3%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 102 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 142 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 267 27.2%