1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

WC S1 | Rules, Regulations and Other Information

Discussion in 'PS4 | F1 2016 Weekday Championship' started by SJM1337, Aug 10, 2016.

1. [​IMG]
    Weekday Championship - Season 1 - Rules, Regulations & Other Information

Race Day: Tuesday
    Starting Time: 8:00PM British Summer Time / Greenwich Mean Time
    Host: SJM1337
    Race Distance: 50%
    Qualifying System: Short Qualifying (20 Minutes)
    Damage: Simulation
    Car Performance: Equal
    Corner Cut Penalties: Strict
    Weather: Dynamic
    Formation Lap: OFF *(TEMPORARILY)
    Safety Car: On
    Starts Procedure: Manual
    Assists: Banned EXCEPT racing line and automatic gears

Points System:
    1st - 25
    2nd - 18
    3rd - 15
    4th - 12
    5th - 10
    6th - 8
    7th - 6
    8th - 4
    9th - 2
    10th - 1

Competitions:
    - FIA Formula 1 Drivers' World Championship
    - FIA Formula 1 Constructors' World Championship
    - FIA Formula 1 Pole Trophy
    - DHL Formula 1 Fastest Lap Award

Stewarding: Please see the stewarding thread
    Actions available to stewards: Time Penalty, Drive Through Penalty, Qualifying/Race Ban, DSQ, Removal of in-game penalties

Track Extension:
    - Drivers must make an effort to have 2 wheels on the track at all times, if any driver is found to be cutting or extending constantly either in qualifying or the race can be reported to the stewards.

Clean racing:

- If you hit someone off the circuit, you must move off the racing line and wait for them to go through. Hard racing is not discouraged, but please keep it fair.

- You must at all times make an effort to race clean as possible, this means you cannot force another car off the circuit. If you do, the recommended action is to give the place back.

- You are allowed to make one move to defend and move back at the corner but you must leave a car's width.

- If car has a significant part of their car alongside you they are entitled to some space.

Qualifying:
    - If you are not on a hotlap, you must allow drivers behind on a lap through and not block them, anyone found blocking will be reported to the stewards.

Race:
    - If anyone disconnects between the end of qualifying and the start of the race and cannot re-join, the race will start under a manual safety car where the driver in pole position will lead the pack in qualifying order around after a new lobby is created, the disconnected driver will have to start from the back of the field.

- If more then 25% of the field disconnect in the first 2 laps, the race will be restarted under manual safety car conditions.

- Drivers who fail to finish the race but complete 75% of the distance will be classified in the position the game calculates.

Other:
    - Drivers are encouraged to record their races and any reports made to stewards will be aided by taking relevant evidence into account.

- Proximity arrows and map: We highly recommend you use proximity arrows and a map in order to avoid incidents where you don't see drivers side by side or on an out-lap.

- Drivers are advised not to 'rage-quit' as A.I. cars are causing issues for other drivers on the circuit.

Team Orders/Teamwork:
    - There will be a max of 11 teams in this league, and it is inevitable that at times, the two drivers in the same team will work together, especially near the end of the season. This is to be expect, please do not spam the forum complaining of being held up or seeing a driver be assisted by their team mate. This is part of racing.

Lag/Connection:
    - Each driver has a responsibility to make sure their connection is stable enough to race with everyone, if there is an incident caused from an individuals lag, they will be responsible either through a penalty or being blocked from racing. We highly recommend you use a ethernet cable to race as a wi-fi connection can lack stability at times and can result in jumpy behavior on track.

Race Restarts:
    - In the event that a race has to be restarted, which will be depedent upon the situation at the time, the restarted race will start behind a manual safety car with the pole sitter controlling the pace as everyone gets into position during the first lap, all relevant information in regards to a restart will be communicated via a PSN message to all drivers. The game-SC will be turned off in the event of a restart to avoid any issues on the first lap and all drivers MUST start on the tyre they qualified on in the top 10.

Last edited: Oct 18, 2016
    • Like Like x 1
  2. I'm guessing we'll be using manual starts? Not sure if that's covered by the "all assists banned" or not.

3. Yeah, I'll update this thread with lots more information now that the game is out.

4. If I recall it correctly this league had traction ctrl accepted before (I might be wrong though). f1 2016 is pretty 'slippery' without the traction assist (if u are on a controller), and I'm wondering if you might accept assist on that one?

5. Nah TC has been banned for years in this league, and the traction is fine as long as you learn to be patient on it, you can't expect to slam the throttle and not spin, Lynchy uses a controller, and he's currently the fastest and most consistent out of all of us and looking strong for the championship.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Alright. I accept that fully.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Updated this thread with some relevant information.

8. Where can I find the calendar with the race dates?

9. the sign up thread

10. What is everyone's views on the formation lap? I don't know if they have fixed it but I wouldn't mind turning it back on if everyone wants it back.

11. Jamie-Lee Mayers

Jamie-Lee Mayers
    Just Another Racer

Really no need for it.

12. There was never a problem with it but I don't care for it

13. it's cool to build tensure before the race, but not really a game changer

14. Waste of time if you ask me as it's scripted anyway, if it allowed you to form up then it would be great