Tracks Watkins Glen International

Beautiful already with 0.7.
As my wheel is still broken, I had to let the GT1 field run this track with me switching through the cameras. Can't wait to drive it myself :D

200w.webp

Whereas LilSki releases an already great looking & running track at 0.7 others never reach the quality in 1.0 versions. Go figure.

Whereas LilSki releases an already great looking & running track at 0.7 others never reach the quality in 1.0 versions. Go figure.

What would be the point of this unspecific comment? :O_o:

You trying to congratulate Lilski on his achievement or trying to push down everyone else who so far has created tracks for AC? :thumbsdown:

In fact, there have been a bunch of really great scratch-made tracks over the years and for sure Lilski's work is at the forefront of this but there is no need for silly disses towards others when all you actually wanna do is express your gratitude towards this latest masterpiece.

It was a compliment on Lilski's humbleness - and a poke at the multitude of (RTB made) ̶m̶̶o̶̶n̶̶s̶̶t̶̶r̶̶o̶̶s̶̶i̶̶t̶̶i̶̶e̶̶s̶ tracks that one has to sift through to find the good ones.

edit: I didn't say that all RTB tracks are bad - but that tool makes it very easy/too easy to make a somewhat working, release-able track that is outside of all limits Kunos set up. So far it has only been RTB tracks that managed to lock up my PC due to needing in excess of 8 GB of RAM for example.

Last edited:
Reactions: F_B
What would be the point of this unspecific comment? :O_o:

You trying to congratulate Lilski on his achievement or trying to push down everyone else who so far has created tracks for AC? :thumbsdown:

In fact, there have been a bunch of really great scratch-made tracks over the years and for sure Lilski's work is at the forefront of this but there is no need for silly disses towards others when all you actually wanna do is express your gratitude towards this latest masterpiece.

That’s your way to see it and imo it’s a kind of negative way. My aim is not to dismiss the work made by others as bad but to stress what great quality LilSkis mods have. I know that there are other modders capable of quality, you don’t have to tell me, I'm one of the guys having tons of track mods on my hd. And to be honest: the quality varies largely.

Matter of fact, there is some noticeable variety in the quality of equally 5 star rated content...

Now this idea is not from me and neither is it new in general, but what about making something like an "RD award of excellence" markup for those tracks and cars that are not only 5 star worthy, but of truly outstanding quality?
It would create a noticeable distinction, and is not deprecative towards others.

Matter of fact, there is some noticeable variety in the quality of equally 5 star rated content...

Now this idea is not from me and neither is it new in general, but what about making something like an "RD award of excellence" markup for those tracks and cars that are not only 5 star worthy, but of truly outstanding quality?
It would create a noticeable distinction, and is not deprecative towards others.
That puts too much trust on the RD staff in my opinion; they're just as likely to give an average mod an honor it doesn't deserve....

Perhaps we need to go to a 10 star rating system, 5 stars being promising but needs improvement and 10 stars being exceptional quality. I see 5 stars use far more often than it should be IMHO.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 247 15.0%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 166 10.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 163 9.9%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 122 7.4%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 229 13.9%