1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

Water - ponds, rivers & lakes in BTB?

Discussion in 'Bob's Track Builder' started by Raido, Aug 8, 2010.

1. I'm a bit puzzled on how you would 'create' water (ponds, lakes & rivers) in BTB. :confused:

Search didn't really find me an answer; of course, BTB is mainly meant to model *land* to race on, but I'm sure making a trackside pond would be possible.

A sizeable number of tracks has water alongside it, after all... like Monaco, just less of the wet stuff! :tongue:

2. I can't see why not. Model a flat area for the lake and put a water texture in there. Although I have not done this, it should not be a problem

3. Kyle Puttifer

Kyle Puttifer
    @ Simberia @Simberia

Weezie Mountain and ORR Mayhem by Madcowie actually have you drive through the water!

4. Make a couple of open tracks first the track width should be small 0.10 say,one is the out line of the pond and the other I used to make the path of a river,then change the texture using textures_Janvier xpack you can find a blue/white texture then fill inside with this texture as well and grass on the outside.
    Untitled-1.jpg Untitled-2.jpg Untitled-3.jpg
    [​IMG]

5. I have done a River by making a ditch with the terrain tool and then placed a wide-flat-wall into it with a water texture. Unchecking the "Ground" at the wall-properties could be a good trick to make it look more perfect. I haven't got my BTB-PC up now, because of moving house, so I cannot post an example screenie. Will do that asap.

6. Thanks chaps - I'll look into the options; had a similar idea to Thavron's, but others might work as well. (I'd definitely try another kind of water colour than that bright blue in Steve's screenies though, never seen a pond or river with that kinda hue in real life ;) )

7. Well its obvious you dont use that colour for realism I was highlighting it as to what you can do,LOLOL