• Racing is not a matter of life and death. It's much more important than that!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask. There's no such thing as a stupid question.

Water - ponds, rivers & lakes in BTB?

Discussion in 'Bob's Track Builder' started by Raido, Aug 8, 2010.

1. Raido

Raido

Ratings:
    +14
    I'm a bit puzzled on how you would 'create' water (ponds, lakes & rivers) in BTB. :confused:

Search didn't really find me an answer; of course, BTB is mainly meant to model *land* to race on, but I'm sure making a trackside pond would be possible.

A sizeable number of tracks has water alongside it, after all... like Monaco, just less of the wet stuff! :tongue:

2. Paul Minnaar

Paul Minnaar

Ratings:
    +2
    I can't see why not. Model a flat area for the lake and put a water texture in there. Although I have not done this, it should not be a problem

3. Kyle Puttifer

Kyle Puttifer
    @ Simberia @Simberia

Ratings:
    +93
    Weezie Mountain and ORR Mayhem by Madcowie actually have you drive through the water!

4. Emery

Emery

Ratings:
    +195
  5. Steve G

Steve G

Ratings:
    +0
    Make a couple of open tracks first the track width should be small 0.10 say,one is the out line of the pond and the other I used to make the path of a river,then change the texture using textures_Janvier xpack you can find a blue/white texture then fill inside with this texture as well and grass on the outside.
    Untitled-1.jpg Untitled-2.jpg Untitled-3.jpg
    [​IMG]

6. Ralf Ääro

Ralf Ääro

Ratings:
    +87
    I have done a River by making a ditch with the terrain tool and then placed a wide-flat-wall into it with a water texture. Unchecking the "Ground" at the wall-properties could be a good trick to make it look more perfect. I haven't got my BTB-PC up now, because of moving house, so I cannot post an example screenie. Will do that asap.

7. Raido

Raido

Ratings:
    +14
    Thanks chaps - I'll look into the options; had a similar idea to Thavron's, but others might work as well. (I'd definitely try another kind of water colour than that bright blue in Steve's screenies though, never seen a pond or river with that kinda hue in real life ;) )

8. Steve G

Steve G

Ratings:
    +0
    Well its obvious you dont use that colour for realism I was highlighting it as to what you can do,LOLOL