1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Was Giancarlo Fisichella Underrated?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by RaceDepartment, Jun 28, 2013.

1. RaceDepartment

Administrator Staff

View the Post on the Blog
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Dux

The 1st MK Formula 1 rFactor Sim-Racing Champion Premium Member

But as Martin Brundle once said, he “underperformed in a good car, and overperformed in a poor car”.

Weird thing but true ...
  3. Aidan Keranen

Aidan Keranen
    #4 2KF1 Racing RDGPC|LoL/RL Caster@AussieGamingTV Premium Member

Benezir Bhutto? ok then...
    • Like Like x 1
  4. he was a good driver an i liked him a much in Formula One
    but his problem in Renault was Fernando Alonso :)

it's good to see hin performing in GT-Cars and he is not bad in this series
  5. No.
  6. The World have many good drivers, Fisi is one of them. But in F1 is needed to be more than a good driver to be successful (at least for the non pay drivers). And luck as well is always welcome...
  7. Very nice article Benazir!
  8. giancarlo was a great driver, but alonso is the best and has an ability to push the car into limits never known. that's why giancarlo got underrated, because you can do nothing to win alonso.
  9. Tom

Staff Emeritus Staff

So if he's the best and you can't win against him: how come he didn't win the WDC for quite some time? :)
  10. Kevin Ascher

Kevin Ascher
    #47 Roaring Pipes Maniacs

Don't you know that Vettel's car is so quick that even a squirrel would win the Drivers' Championship three times in a row? There was hardly anything Vettel could have done to avoid that!
    /irony off :)
    • Like Like x 1
  11. because of the shitty car he had
  12. Tom

Staff Emeritus Staff

It's always something else, right?

Vettel is quick because of the car, Alonso is slow because of the car. Everyone's in favour of Red Bull, everone hates Ferrari. And so on...:roflmao:
  13. Andrew

Global Moderator Staff Premium Member

Very nice article Benazir !
    And your Real Name was...?
  14. Giancarlo was good... as long as everything was in perfect alignment.
    He reminded me a lot of Massa.
    The thing that separated them, was Fisi's ability to go into a very 'deep' funk when that alignment unraveled.
    Massa stays a bit more upbeat when things start to fall apart.
  15. Whenever I think of Fisichella I think of Suzuka '05. Losing a huge lead to a guy who started in P17 while your teammate also managed to claw his way through the field - come on :rolleyes:

So no, definitely not underrated.
  16. Yes he was under rated. He must of had talent to last as long as he did and get the drives he did.
    Only a select few go on to dominate and be champions.

I think as Alsons's teammate the team where on Allons's side. They needed a good reliable driver to fill the 2nd seat and not upset Alonso.
    Just like Barichello was not respected at Ferrari because they where on Shumachers side.
    Team favorites will get data and even technical or electronic upgrades bared from team mates.