Warning: Use of Illegal Software on our Servers

Bram Hengeveld

Site Founder
Staff
Premium
In public servers there is a growing group of drivers racing with illegal pirated Skidmark software (don't click the download link). As a result of these growing numbers we have been checking our server logs thoroughly last night and the result is that some of our drivers are using the pirated games as well.

Thankfully those members can be counted on the fingers of two hands and out of the thousands that have signed up for a license membership that is pretty positive. So kudos to all who do support a developer by purchasing a legitimate copy of the game via www.steampowered.com and keep sim racing on PC alive :)

To the people with pirated software here is your first and final warning. Those of you who log in to race on our servers with games that you don't legally own will have their licensed membership revoked permanently. This means no more online racing at RD and back to the public servers.

We are not interested in the excuses that you may have to justify your illegal copy so don't bother starting a discussion to explain the reasons. We don't allow it.

Hi guys i would like my licence to be revoked as i have had one race and one one race only last tuesday with racedepartment server. I am new to pc gaming and because i dont have a credit card or know how to use pay pal to purchase games off of steam i resorted to using an illegal copy of race injection to try the game out.
I never realized that i would fall in love with this sim, and unfortunately i joined racedepartment and participated in one race. In New Zealand no game stores sell retail copies of these older sims anymore and again purchasing software off of steam is hard for me as i dont have a credit card or know anyone that does. So for now i guess im back to racing offline until i can figure a way of purchasing a legit copy of race07 games...

Well done Carl - great to have you here. I don't know if Steam has the option or not, but what I tend to do is pay for something then DELETE the card/account details from the account as an added protection, just in case the files of the company (Steam in this case) should be compromised.

Dave didn't do anything wrong but talking about credit card payment habits with your real name is EXTREMELY dangerous... Timestamp + some info like email, real name and some ID and address info, call to support -> bit trouble... Just a word of caution, don't ever talk about your account details. Dave doesn't have to worry, that ain't enough and deleting credit card data is always good. It's just something i've seen a lot in public forums and certain eastern european crime organizations have turned their attention to online gaming and real money... Read this ..

It just sometimes is forgotten that while we chat here amongst trusted old friends, our words are streamed all over globe.. Just google you name and i'll bet that most of the results are from RD, for the old RD members this is... It's actually scary.. Just type your name to Google images with ( "name surname" to get exact results) and you'll get a scary image of your self.. I'm apparently totally obsessed with F1 aerodynamics and racing.. Nah, that ain't true, right?

Really off-topic but i think it's a fair warning to us all.

/end-of-babling...

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 74 12.2%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 54 8.9%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 63 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 36 5.9%
  • < 5 years