Warning: Use of Illegal Software on our Servers

Bram Hengeveld

Site Founder
Staff
Premium
In public servers there is a growing group of drivers racing with illegal pirated Skidmark software (don't click the download link). As a result of these growing numbers we have been checking our server logs thoroughly last night and the result is that some of our drivers are using the pirated games as well.

Thankfully those members can be counted on the fingers of two hands and out of the thousands that have signed up for a license membership that is pretty positive. So kudos to all who do support a developer by purchasing a legitimate copy of the game via www.steampowered.com and keep sim racing on PC alive :)

To the people with pirated software here is your first and final warning. Those of you who log in to race on our servers with games that you don't legally own will have their licensed membership revoked permanently. This means no more online racing at RD and back to the public servers.

We are not interested in the excuses that you may have to justify your illegal copy so don't bother starting a discussion to explain the reasons. We don't allow it.

Some people don't buy any games at all, which is why PCs are considered a second-rate gaming platform these days. It's also why very few developers bother with PC exclusives that take advantage of a PC's unique capabilities. Why bother if your profits are guaranteed to be ruined by pirates?

Food for thought: If there was less piracy, there may well me more racing simulators.

I agree 110% with this measure ... this is the best and cheapest racing simulator on the market ... no excuses at all for using illegal copy.

I think i have tryed every racing simulatores including iRacing wich i payed around 50 euros for 1 year subscripion (8 months left and i dont play it anymore because of race07 and RD).

Spending 20 Euros for Race07, STCC2 and Retro expansion was a pinchbeck.

I hated IRacing, and this idiot here (Mr. Leonardo Ferreira) signed in a special offer for 6 months:mad: ... at least I guess on two days my Race: Injection DVD will be in my house:)

With these Skidrows on the server the door is open for users running with hacks. This Monday evening i got banned from C-conline retro server. A user by the name of Rubens Barrichello was using a hack to log in with a F3000 car into C-onlines retro max server. This user was using a hack and my Steam ID. users hack allows him to drive the wrong way without warnings, and he takes no dammage when crashing with other cars on the track. These users log into a server and then pick steam ID's from the log file. It's getting anoying that we have to put up with these Skidrows and hackers, when it is so easy fore them to reach the games online lobby.

Below is a video of user Rubens Barrichello, using hack and my steam ID to wreck on C-onlines retro server
https://www.bredbandsbolaget.se/portlet-b2-serviceportal/storage/lasoin/retrohack/

hmm, rubens barichello was present on many servers i played recently in public. didn't notice him doing anything wrong. Maybe more than one identity out there right now.

These hacks mean that people can use any name and any SteamID they want. I very much doubt the one you saw was the same person.

Still, if you want to avoid these cretins, stick to racing at RD. ;)

It's not taken from you. The pirates are just using it in order to appear legitimate to the servers they join. If the owner of the server bans them based on Steam ID then you will be banned too. All you can do at the moment is plead your case with the server owner, as your ID is tied to your Steam account and cannot be modified.

Steam really needs to get hold of this problem and solve it, because it's an absolute joke at the moment. Even better, game companies need to move away from money grabbing third-parties and take care of their own security arrangements.

hi , maybe im not so popular here but anyway, i searched google for some info to a person involved with simbin
whos as sick of whats goin on as we are, but i seem not find anything
take us to the group itself (just like the "goatforce") hacking us last time.
Guess the only way is to sneak in as a "fake-hackermate" (whoever know how to
come close to them and fool them with correct language etc).

anyway I clicked on a link and ended up on your forum started reading that thread
and got impressed with Ross sight of things (how ever people try to twist and turn the subject all you said is very true) and wanted to say that its good to see that straight line of thinking so i wanted to say that and believe it or not... i registered just to do it but even so i couldnt reply.. thats why i made this unessecary thread

Skidrow is a large group of people, who are active in more then 1 field. Believe me, you are not going to get rid of them. Simple as that.

As long as games are not for free (so till eternity I guess), you shall have hackers. There is nothing you, or we can do about that.

However, in terms of online play, there IS a way to handle it. Sad thing is, that the way is out of our hands. Steam has to deal with this. They are the only ones who can actually stop the hackers from going into online racing and other gaming servers.

Best way to deal with it in terms of racing? Simple... Join RD, get a license, and start racing in a controlled environment. Here, you will only find those who have a real interest in racing. Racing for the joy of racing, and not for the joy of ruining other peoples fun.

So the sollution is quite simple :) Join RD, have fun, and race clean.

Thanks Marco, i dont go on public servers that much, well hardly ever....
Although i agree with the real name being used, this is one instant where it goes against us as we are so easy to find with google.
luckerly most of the time ive used modded content on my d/server but will password it from now on and not even use my name on the server name ...
oh and....
I was off work sick, and when i went to back to work 2 days later, a comment was made that i was fit enough to post on RD:eek:

I get to hear some nice excuses from SKIDROW's just before I kick them from the 100Mbit servers, like:
  • "I can't afford it" - If you can't afford a game that costs €5, then you shouldn't spend your nights playing it -> Get a job
  • "I'm trying it, and if it's good I'll buy it" - So you have been trying it for 1½ years, because that's when you were first online on our servers
  • "I'm a SKIDROW??" - *facepalm*
  • "No comprendo" etc - Well, tough :D

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back